The Glades: Season Four Renewal for A&E TV Show

The Glades on A&E season four renewalA&E has renewed The Glades for a fourth season. The news was first announced by Glades co-star Jordan Wall with a special video.

While walking down the street, Wall tells Glades fans that he’s wearing a Tampa Tech shirt because his character, nerdy Daniel Green, attends the university and his TV show has just been renewed.

Produced by Fox Television Studios, season three of The Glades averaged 3.01 million viewers and a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That represents a 16% increase in viewership over season two.

Here’s the press release from A&E:

A&E ORDERS FOURTH SEASON OF THE HIT DRAMA SERIES “THE GLADES” FROM FOX TELEVISION STUDIOS

NEW YORK – September 12, 2012 – A&E Network has picked up a fourth season of the acclaimed drama series, “The Glades” starring Matt Passmore, it was announced today by David McKillop, Executive Vice President of Programming for A&E Network and BIO Channel.

The third season of “The Glades” averaged 4.1 million total viewers (up 5% from season two based on Live +7 viewing) per premiere episode. “The Glades,” along with A&E’s hit scripted drama series “Longmire,” propelled A&E to ad-supported cable’s number one network on Sunday nights among total viewers this past summer during their run.

Season four of “The Glades” will begin production soon and will premiere in 2013. A&E is currently in pre-production on the new scripted drama series “Bates Motel,” slated for a 2013 premiere and the second season of the scripted hit series “Longmire,” which also will premiere in 2013.

“The Glades” also stars Kiele Sanchez (“Lost,” “Samantha Who?”), Carlos G√≥mez (“Shark,” “Sleeper Cell”) and Michelle Hurd (“Law & Order SVU,” “Gossip Girl”).

“The Glades” is produced by Fox Television Studios for A&E Network. The series executive producers are Clifton Campbell (“White Collar,” “Profiler,” “21 Jump Street”) for Innuendo Productions, Inc. and Gary Randall (“Saving Grace”) for Grand Productions, Inc. The series was created by Clifton Campbell.

About A&E Network

A&E is “Real Life. Drama.” Now reaching more than 99 million homes, A&E is television that you can’t turn away from; where unscripted shows are dramatic and scripted dramas are authentic. A&E offers a diverse mix of high quality entertainment ranging from the network’s original scripted series, including “The Glades” and “Longmire,” to signature non-fiction franchises, including the Emmy-winning “Intervention,” “Duck Dynasty,” “Hoarders,” “Beyond Scared Straight” and “Storage Wars,” and the most successful justice shows on cable, including “The First 48.” The A&E website is located at www.aetv.com.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Glades has been renewed? How many seasons do you think the series should run?

PAULA August 27, 2013 at 11:33 am

WE LOVE IT it should go on forever

canadianmum April 29, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I ADORE “the Glades”. Love the characters and it’s the perfect amount of crime solving for me .. .so many others are so dark and twisted. Discovered this show on Netflix, loved it so much i bought season 3 from itunes and now am impatiently waiting for season 4 !

MIKE April 1, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN THE GLADES SERIES WILL START THIS YEAR HOPE I DIDNT MISS IT WANT TO SEE IF CALLIE WILL SAY TES TO JIM NPLEASE LET ME KNOW

Dodie Payne March 30, 2013 at 2:03 pm

The Glades is one of my favorite shows on TV. Can’t wait for Sunday nights. I like it better than the local tv shows. I wish it was a regular show every week instead of just a summer show and it sure isn’t hard to look at Matt Passmore. I also love the longmire show. Hope they keep renewing both each year.

Nyrill March 26, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I was heartsick when I first heard the Glades was being cancelled, so imagine my happiness upon hearing it was being picked up for 2013. The Glades is one of my favorite shows and I never miss an episode.

Rosemary March 26, 2013 at 1:53 pm

i have been wondering IF The Glades & Longmire were coming back. i love them both. cant wait.

admin March 26, 2013 at 2:39 pm
cheryl February 23, 2013 at 4:32 pm

so glad to read the one of my favorite shows will be on again. Looking forward to Season 4

JB February 23, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Love this show…Please keep them on the air.
Love the rapport between Jim, Carlos and Daniel.
Callene is really good and just right for the part…love her too.
Stories are good and the guest stars are awesome…
TKS

Judy C. Frazier February 22, 2013 at 12:38 am

YEA!!!! SO GLAD GLADES HAS BEEN RENEWED. I THINK IT IS A GOOD CLEAN CUT SHOW AND I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING IT EVER SINCE IT STARTED. MATT PASSMORE IS CLEAN SHAVEN NOT GRUBBY LIKE SO MANY OF THE MALE STARS. TO ME THEY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE A DIRTY FACE. WHAT’S UP WITH THAT? MATT LOOKS LIKE THE BOY NEXT DOOR NOT SOME WHOOAGAN LOL SORRY CAN ‘T SPELL BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

jack Cacianti January 31, 2013 at 1:05 am

Put The Glades back on for another season, IT IS VERY FUN TO WATCH!

jack Cacianti January 31, 2013 at 12:58 am

The Glades is as good as the Mentalist, Castle, Bones..that is to say, very watchable and consistent week after week. RENEW, I MISS IT!

Colleen January 24, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I am so glad A&E is bringing it back for a fourth season I love this show keep it going for a long time

Mike B January 24, 2013 at 9:13 am

I love that the Glades was renewed for 2013 and hope it goes on for years to come. I enjoy the story line, the weekly episodes as well as well as the cast. The writers do a great job each and every week and it is well acted. Keep the show going and going.

Diane -Cambridge January 23, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I am thrilled that the glades is returning. I love Matt’s wit. He is serious but funny. Love it – love it – love it. Can’t wait for season 4.

Brent January 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm

As a native Floridian, I enjoy seeing my state portrayed as something other than a bastion for drug lords and mob hits. I particularly like The Glades because of the diversity of the stories and locales, from the sugar cane country of Pahokee to Cassadega to the horse farms of Ocala and the Space Coast, I’ve seen a little bit of everything on The Glades, and that’s been fun. I hope that continues. The cast is likeable, but please bring back Taylor Cole!