The Glades: A&E Renews Matt Passmore Series for Season Two

The GladesThere’s good news down in South Florida. A&E has renewed their freshman TV show, The Glades for a second season.

The Glades follows Jim Longworth (Matt Passmore), a Chicago detective moves to South Florida and takes a job with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Other series stars include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos Gomez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, Michelle Hurd, and Eric Wormsley.

The series has been a solid performer for cable channel A&E since it debuted on June 11th of this year. It’s been averaging more than three million viewers each week with about a third of those in the 18-49 target demographic.

A&E has ordered 13 installments for year two. Pre-production is expected to begin later this year with episodes airing on Sunday nights sometime in 2011. Season one is scheduled to finish airing on October 3rd.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that the show will be back for season two? Is The Glades worth watching?

Update: Season two is expected to return Summer 2011.

Barb June 28, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Sooo glad The Glades is back. It’ s a fun show.

Sheri June 26, 2011 at 4:43 am

I’m so glad that the glades is back – I love the characters they seem to all fit like a puzzle if one isn’t there the puzzle is not complete -

Lynn June 22, 2011 at 8:28 am

My husband and I really liked this show during Season 1 and looked forward to Season 2.

William June 22, 2011 at 11:08 pm

(Quote:However, it has “jumped the shark” big time with the arrival of Jim’s former flame from Chicago and Callie’s continuing hesitation to dump her kid’s daddy (an ex-con). Somewhat unbelievable even for fictional TV and for this day & age.)

Really? I’ve seen more way off the wall relationships than this in real life!!!!! You “Lynn” don’t get out much….
My wife and I love the series…

M Hofman June 17, 2011 at 8:15 pm

We are very glad you brought back the show for season two. It is a very good show, excellent choice for the main actors! Looking forward to each weeks new episode!

Grinelda S. June 14, 2011 at 4:21 pm

We really enjoy the show and are delighted that it is back. So far it’s even better than the first season. Keep it going!

Debbie June 9, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Best show on TV. Can’t wait for another season.

Dan June 9, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Glad the series is renewed

margie kelley June 7, 2011 at 3:04 pm

i just love watching the glades. they take all the good
shows off tv and put things that are not worth watching. i hope
the cop and the nurse get together.

Dianne Spence June 6, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I was thrilled it was back for season two. It is one of the few good shows worth watching on any netowor. I hope it is back to stay for yeard to come.

Bms6 June 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Can,t get enough of Glades. Smart quirky entertaining show.! In the same category as Bones, The Mentalist and headed toward NCIS.

Sarah McAuley June 4, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I can hardly wait until Sunday, June 5 when The Glades returns for its second season. It is one of my favorite tv shows. Cleverly written as well as acted. I really like it!

kim June 3, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Glad for the Glades. Great show, looking forward to season two.

bcoul6 June 2, 2011 at 5:18 pm

thank god it’s coming back.. there are not too many shows left thar are very good and this is one of them..if you take it off shame on you!!

Dewey May 30, 2011 at 5:25 am

GLAD IT IS BACK ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS

Johnnie May 29, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I’m so glad that this show will be back for a second season. I love this show. And the star is so easy on the eyes. Thank you for bringing it back.