The Glades: A&E Renews Matt Passmore Series for Season Two

The GladesThere’s good news down in South Florida. A&E has renewed their freshman TV show, The Glades for a second season.

The Glades follows Jim Longworth (Matt Passmore), a Chicago detective moves to South Florida and takes a job with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Other series stars include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos Gomez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, Michelle Hurd, and Eric Wormsley.

The series has been a solid performer for cable channel A&E since it debuted on June 11th of this year. It’s been averaging more than three million viewers each week with about a third of those in the 18-49 target demographic.

A&E has ordered 13 installments for year two. Pre-production is expected to begin later this year with episodes airing on Sunday nights sometime in 2011. Season one is scheduled to finish airing on October 3rd.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that the show will be back for season two? Is The Glades worth watching?

Update: Season two is expected to return Summer 2011.

Canceled and renewed TV show

661 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I’m so glad that the glades is back – I love the characters they seem to all fit like a puzzle if one isn’t there the puzzle is not complete –

2. Lynn says

My husband and I really liked this show during Season 1 and looked forward to Season 2.

• William says

(Quote:However, it has “jumped the shark” big time with the arrival of Jim’s former flame from Chicago and Callie’s continuing hesitation to dump her kid’s daddy (an ex-con). Somewhat unbelievable even for fictional TV and for this day & age.)

Really? I’ve seen more way off the wall relationships than this in real life!!!!! You “Lynn” don’t get out much….
      My wife and I love the series…

3. M Hofman says

We are very glad you brought back the show for season two. It is a very good show, excellent choice for the main actors! Looking forward to each weeks new episode!

4. Grinelda S. says

We really enjoy the show and are delighted that it is back. So far it’s even better than the first season. Keep it going!

5. margie kelley says

i just love watching the glades. they take all the good
    shows off tv and put things that are not worth watching. i hope
    the cop and the nurse get together.

6. Bms6 says

Can,t get enough of Glades. Smart quirky entertaining show.! In the same category as Bones, The Mentalist and headed toward NCIS.

7. Sarah McAuley says

I can hardly wait until Sunday, June 5 when The Glades returns for its second season. It is one of my favorite tv shows. Cleverly written as well as acted. I really like it!

8. bcoul6 says

thank god it’s coming back.. there are not too many shows left thar are very good and this is one of them..if you take it off shame on you!!

9. Johnnie says

I’m so glad that this show will be back for a second season. I love this show. And the star is so easy on the eyes. Thank you for bringing it back.