The Glades: A&E Renews Matt Passmore Series for Season Two

The GladesThere’s good news down in South Florida. A&E has renewed their freshman TV show, The Glades for a second season.

The Glades follows Jim Longworth (Matt Passmore), a Chicago detective moves to South Florida and takes a job with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Other series stars include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos Gomez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, Michelle Hurd, and Eric Wormsley.

The series has been a solid performer for cable channel A&E since it debuted on June 11th of this year. It’s been averaging more than three million viewers each week with about a third of those in the 18-49 target demographic.

A&E has ordered 13 installments for year two. Pre-production is expected to begin later this year with episodes airing on Sunday nights sometime in 2011. Season one is scheduled to finish airing on October 3rd.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that the show will be back for season two? Is The Glades worth watching?

Update: Season two is expected to return Summer 2011.

Canceled and renewed TV show

661 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bev says

It is now 2012, WHERE IS THIS FANTASTIC SHOW?????!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IT TO COME BACK ON!!! I soooooooooooo love it; there is a great mix of excitement. PLEASEEEEEEE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!

2. gavin says

The series is light and fresh, the people in the series mix well. Plots are good and the on and off romance keeps you wondering. We look forward to watching it

3. Tracy says

Found the show on Netflix, only 1 season of 13 episodes. Really enjoy it and hope there’s more. Not well advertised, but I’ll look on A&E. Interesting that 2 of the cast in season 1 are from the Aussie series “Drover’s Run” which I also liked. Hope the show continues.

4. MD says

It’s like a drug you have to continue this show I love how those two just generate a tremendous heat of passion & love…makes me go nutty. And, how he solves crimes I am living for the man. He makes a great partner with the Carlos & Daniel he is so quiet, but he has his sexy going too.

5. Michael says

I am so glad that The Glades is coming out with a second season, I hope they keep going with it. Who knows maybe if CBS buys the production of it they can add more than 13 episodes a season. I love this show.

6. Marni says

I have thoroughly enjoyed this show and hope that it returns. I never missed an episode! With so many less-than-intelligent shows on the air, it was a pleasant relief to find a new show that was both entertaining and sharp. Please renew it for more than one season!

7. Elisa Gray says

Please bring back The Glades for Season 3. This show is very well written, the problem with so few viewers is this show was NOT advertised well enough I didnt find out about the show until I happened to be channel surfing and the episode was on. It would have been so mush better if I had seen commercials and clips of the show.

8. CJ says

UH YEAH IT’S WORTH IT!! Lets just hope A&E Thinks so!. I’m 45 and I LOVE this show! I can honestly say the relationship between Keile and Matt Keeps me on the edge of my seat along with Matt and his ability to solve these “murders in the Glades”. In my opinion it is THE BEST new show in a LONG time! I love Matt’s witty but sarcastic humour and Keile well she is just so darn cute! They make an awesome couple! that is if the script would ever actually put them together! LOL but then again that is what keeps you watching isn’t it? Keep this show on PLEASE!! Don’t scew it up A&E!!

• lynn says

will there be a season 3 love the show. please bring it back .. in 1012 please
      don’t let this one go it was realy good.