The Glass House: Summer 2012 Ratings

ABC ratings for Glass HouseABC is trying to attract big ratings this summer with their own version of Big Brother, The Glass House. The first season of The Glass House typically airs Monday nights on the ABC network. There are 10 episodes.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if The Glass House is going to be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Be sure to check out our ABC summer ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.43 million total viewers.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 08/20/12
0.7 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.99 million.
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.43 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 08/13/12
0.7 in the demo (+17% episode-to-episode change) with 1.87 million.
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.48 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 08/06/12
0.6 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 1.59 million.
Season averages: 0.93 in the demo with 2.55 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 07/30/12
0.6 in the demo (-25% episode-to-episode change) with 1.60 million.
Season averages: 0.97 in the demo with 2.69 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 07/23/12
0.8 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 2.18 million.
Season averages: 1.03 in the demo with 2.87 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 07/16/12
0.8 in the demo (-20% episode-to-episode change) with 2.35 million.
Season averages: 1.08 in the demo with 3.01 million.

Episode 01-04: Monday, 07/09/12
1.0 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 2.80 million.
Season averages: 1.15 in the demo with 3.18 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 07/02/12
1.0 in the demo (-9% episode-to-episode change) with 2.84 million.
Season averages: 1.20 in the demo with 3.30 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 06/25/12
1.1 in the demo (-27% episode-to-episode change) with 3.09 million.
Season average: 1.30 in the demo with 3.54 million.

Episode 01-01: Monday, 06/18/12
1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.98 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.50 in the demo with 3.98 million.

After all of the legal hullabaloo with CBS over this show, it wasn’t an impressive start for the new reality series. It was in last place at 10pm (behind a Big Bang Theory rerun) and in second place at 10:30pm. Year-to-year, compared to the fourth episode of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, the network was down by 25% in the demo (vs a 2.0) and 30% in viewership (vs 5.72 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Glass House TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Cassie August 20, 2012 at 5:37 am

Please bring the show back!!!:) It is a great show and I like it much better than Big Brother. The reason I believe it didn’t get the ratings that Big Brother got right away is because it is in a later time slot. I think you need to give a show more of a chance than one season. I didn’t even start watching the show right away. People love reality TV and I think that ABC would be presently surprised if they gave the season another chance as long as they don’t have idiots like Alex on the show. He was overkill and I think he turned a lot of ppl off. I love the fact that the cast consisted of all ages and sizes of ppl. It seems so much more real than a lot of other reality shows.

M&M August 15, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Bring it back!!!

M&M August 15, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I really think it should come back for a 2nd season. It’s hilarious. I really wish ABC would give it another chance. BRING IT BACK!!!

Sue August 9, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I’ve really been enjoying it. Yes, it’s similar to BB, but I enjoy that it’s only on once per week. There’s less of a time investment. I also basically like their contestants, especially Erica. I would be happy to see a second season of this show, but considering the ratings I bet that’s highly unlikely.

Jeremy Rynek August 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Just cancel it already. The IS a rip off of big brother, simple as that, we don’t need 2 of them, one of them is way too much. Just kill it already.

Carsonimore July 31, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I love it! The show is such a good, clean, family-like version of Big Brother. BB got so slutty around BB5 and not as interesting. You guys just aren’t giving it a chance. If you were watching BB first, you WON’T like this show. I watched the first 5 seasons and got sick of the whore-ish moves and the slutty, un-family-like ‘action’ if you know what I mean. Just give it a chance. Lighten up. It has my 5 stars/2 thumbs up.

Drew August 12, 2012 at 1:11 pm

They’ve only had sex on BB once in the whole 14 seasons! Most of it are ‘showmances’ which TGH stole from BB…any people HAVE given it a chance…and don’t like it…which is why the ratings are piss poor…it never even broke 4 million viewers! The first week of BB eps have more viewers than the whole season of TGH…but there is a lot more FUN in the BB house…and we can see what’s happening at all times…there is no need to be popular with the housemates…there is no strategy, besides making sure America likes you, but that’s basically impossible, b/c if you get put in my America, your GONE, if they house doesn’t like you and puts you in, you’re safe and can’t be voted into limbo by America the next week…the show is too predictable…and the challenges are boring…and the voting aspect is the stupidest thing ever, at least BB’s involve game play, they just think of stupid crap for us to vote on to make us feel important, but idc if they get beer helmets, make potato scultptures, or talk about what color the sky is?

Drew July 31, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Should’ve been pulled off the air weeks ago! Now they are trying to bring back a player? There are 3 eps left and they want to bring someone back, leaving 7 people in the house? last week are they just going to have us vote the favorite of the remaining 5? show wasn’t thought out well, the voting element are stupid, pointless and the players don’t even follow them (and subsequently don’t get punished by the producers). The players aren’t even in the house 24/7, they are out about 52 hours a week, more if you are in limbo.

Speaking of limbo, there isn’t any GAME play like there is on Big Brother. Its one giant popularity contest b/t 14 people. The game is sooo predictable. The only thing that matters is which team captain (which least liked player) loses the boring comp.

Every week the losing captain goes home, so it doesn’t matter about an alliance or anything like it does in Big Brother. America is going to kick out the least liked person. This was how BB was, though their voting method for who was up for America to eliminate was much better, we didn’t pick one, each HG nom 2 ppl, 2 with most votes were up. Alliances mattered in that game, here, NO!

For having a former BB producer and other BB employees, this show has been a reallllllll fail. They even got free PR from the CBS lawsuit and it failed!! NO season 2…reruns of Missing would have pulled in a larger audience!

Drew July 31, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Ohh and don’t get me started about the boring pointless live feeds. who cares if they talk about TomKat getting a divorce or Prop 8 (only source of show drama) or make 3D mashed potato sculptures while telling us their ideal mate! Should’ve thought out the interactive element a LOT more and made it affect the game, like the BB Coaches going in twist (though I saw that coming from second they announced the coaches, AG loves her vets and tries to protect them for a while so they stay on longer!)

kaitlyn July 25, 2012 at 3:27 pm

it should be renewed! i dont think people are giving it a chance. its kind of similar to big brother but theres way its not like that either. on mtv’s challenges they do challenges, the losing person goes into the elimination, and another person gets picked by the cast to go in. thats similar too. so who cares? they got rid of all the boring people, because the casting could have been better but now its all exciting people. give it a chance!

primetimeblabber July 31, 2012 at 10:38 am

The reason why this crap isn’t getting good ratings is because no one wants reality tv….these type of shows are stupid….

Drew August 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm

MTV’s Challenges don’t have AMERICA picking the captains…there is a variety of ways the TC are picked there…with America picking, it makes everything toooooooo preditable, at least with Challenges, the two that are up for leaving compete in a challege and loser goes home, so SOMETIMES the one the ppl vote in gets to leave too…every week with TGH, the losing TC automatically goes home w/ America’s vote, while the one the players put in is safe….’yawn’

metamorphicmuse July 17, 2012 at 8:35 pm

It’s HORRIBLY boring and an unhealthy environment for the participants. It also promotes A LOT of hateful comments from it’s viewers. The live feeds are really boring and pointless. I hope they take it off the air sooner rather than later.

robycop3 July 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Garbage!

Shoulda never aired!

Danielle July 16, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Hate it!!!!!!!

Riley June 21, 2012 at 10:06 am

It stinks that the ratings for Glass House were so low. I didn’t think it was as good as Big Brother, but I did find it entertaining nonetheless. I must say, I couldn’t stand Alex, the obnoxious evil person. One of my Dish co-workers suggested that I see it since I’m a fan of Big Brother. My receiver automatically recorded the show using PrimeTime Anytime, and since I enabled Auto Hop, I didn’t have to pick up the remote to skip commercials. Though I don’t think the show was as good as Big Brother, I did like it. I’m looking forward to seeing the next episode and I really hope that Alex gets voted off this week!

Anonymous June 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm

It should be cancelled immediately!

Robb H. June 19, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Hello ABC,
I’ve seen only the 1 episode of the “THE GLASS HOUSE”, but I VERY MUCH AM looking forward to seeing MANY, MANY MORE episodes. The show has just started, and there has been very little Advertisement of it. Yeah, it is a bit “Big Brotherie”, but “The Glass House” DOES have it’s own ways of things too. I LOVE THAT VOTING BOARD thing!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Anyways, I, SO FAR DO LIKE THE SHOW, and have told a LOT of my friends to watch it too, and they are now looking forward to seeing episode #2!!! PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THE GLASS HOUSE SHOW!!!! PLEASE!!
Thank-you