The Goldbergs: Season One Ratings

The Goldbergs TV show ratingsABC has produced some hit family sitcoms but many more have been flops. Which will The Goldbergs be? Cancelled or renewed for a second season? Stay tuned to find out.

On The Goldbergs, youngest son Adam (Sean Giambrone) videotapes his family’s 1980s craziness and provides commentary as an adult (Patton Oswalt). The rest of the cast includes Wendi McLendon-Covey, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia, George Segal, and Jeff Garlin.

5/8 update: The Goldbergs has been renewed for a second season by ABC.

Final season averages: 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.06 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like The Goldbergs TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

117 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Erik Mozolik says

Best show on TV right now. I watch the old episodes repeatedly on abc.com. It’s like a window into my childhood!

2. Ursula says

This is the only new sitcom that I thoroughly enjoy. Great characters, story lines and a bit of nostalgia. Please, please keep it going!

3. Barry S. says

“The Goldbergs” is a tremendous show, so you know what that means – ABC will probably cancel it and put another so called reality show on instead. I hope not. “The Goldbergs” is the best new show of the TV season. Adam Goldberg uses experiences from his past, growing up in the Philly suburbs, that he taped, and now uses those real experiences to help write the episode for the show. (Kind of what Seinfeld did for his show). Long live “The Goldbergs”, may it continue for many more seasons.

4. Sara says

This is one of the greatest shows out there! Please don’t cancel it. Too many stupid reality shows on now and not enough family sitcoms. ‘The goldbergs’ rock!! Totally awesome my family and I watch it and crack up constantly. Been waiting for a show like this to come along!

5. Kimberly says

Funniest show out there !!! I haven’t enjoyed a show this much in forever !! Please keep it going for seasons to come !! I love it !!!

6. Janislea says

Such a great episode last night. Mom lying on the floor snoring while spying on her daughter. LOL! Totally agreed with the poster who said laugh out loud funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Dawn says

Please do not cancel the goldbergs! I love this show ! I laugh out loud ! I grew up in the 80s!! I totally brings me back and it’s hilarious !! I don’t watch it when it’s on I DVR it or catch it on demand . Does that hurt the ratings ?

8. Aaron says

PLEASE!!!!! don’t cancel this show!!!!!! Anyone in their 30’s to early 40’s has to appreciate this show! This show has absolutely captured a much underrated decade. Takes me back to my childhood every episode. But also has brought back the 80’s sitcom aura!!!

9. Laura says

One of the funniest show on tv! Please don’t cancel it!! It’s about time we get a good comedy. I love every single family member, but the mom is the best!!

10. wayne says

Love this show. One of the best on tv. ABC has a habit of. Canceling good shows like my spaps. Please keep The Golbergs!!!

• Anonymous says

Great family tv show not a lot of them left some of the shows on cbs are the same in different settings keep this show on

11. Beck says

My husband & I grew up in the 80’s & we love this show! It’s the best show on TV! Everything on the show is true to the 80’s it’s Totally Awesome!

12. Nikki says

Love Adam and Barry! These kids are awesome. What a funny show. My whole family sits together to watch this show and we all crack up the whole time. Thank You ABC for bringing back a great family sitcom.