The Goldbergs

The Goldbergs TV show on ABCNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 24, 2013 — TBD
Series status: ABC Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Wendi McLendon-Covey, Jeff Garlin, Sean Giambrone, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia, and George Segal.

TV show description:
Set in the 1980s, this sitcom follows the Goldberg family, a loving American family who yells more than most. Adam, the geeky 11 year old son, documents his family’s life with his video camera. The series is based on creator Adam F. Goldberg’s real-life family experiences, which he also used to capture on video tape.

Beverly (Wendi McLendon-Covey) is an overbearing and overprotective PTA mom who loves to shop and isn’t afraid to use her big mouth to protect her kids. She rules the family with absolute authority — and zero sense of boundaries.

Murray (Jeff Garlin) is a gruff and hot-tempered dad but is never scary. He’s triggered by a pin drop but struggles to stay calm. He runs the “Ottoman Empire”, the family furniture business and comes home weary after a long day, wanting nothing more than to veg in front of the television in his underwear. Helpless without his wife, he’s content to let her rule the roost.

Eldest child Erica (Hayley Orrantia) is 17 years old and in rebellion mode. She’s smart and sexy and is nobody’s fool. She manipulates and beats up on her younger brothers but ultimately looks out for them.

Overly emotional, Barry (Troy Gentile) is 16 years old and has severe middle child syndrome. He’s got horrible hygiene and even worse style. Awkward around girls, he spends his free time at the Moonlight Skate Rink and free-style rapping.

Camera-wielding Adam (Sam Giambrone) is the youngest child who’s bursting with energy — and is largely ignored by his family. Nothing makes him happier than a family fight. He thinks arguing is the only way to really interact with his older siblings — since they usually won’t have anything to do with him.

Al “Pops” Solomon (George Segal) is the wild man of the clan — and the widowed grandfather. Sometimes a little senile, he’s a shameless Don Juan who’s schooling little Adam in the ways of love. He dresses in leisure suits and dates an endless parade of younger gold diggers. Pops’ grandchildren adore him while his daughter tries to mother him, something he does not appreciate.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like The Goldbergs TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

155 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Terry Tucker says

Love this show, brings back some fond memories of my chilhood in only the greatest era in American history the “80’s” except for the cars of course…lol. I bet anyone who has watched this show has had some memory come flooding back that this show sparked. I hope this show stays for a long time… GOOD JOB ABC you have found my fountain of youth! Now I dont have to go buy a Red Corvette!

2. Patty says

I think the show is cute to watch, it’s better than the one line sex jokes that Two & Half Men, 2 Broke Girls or the revised Mike & Molly. My twins watched the show also, they say I had The Wonder Year and the now have The Goldberg’s. I love family comedies.

3. Patty says

I like this show, it reminds of when my twins were little and how the 80’s were for them, the also love the show. I had The Wonder Years and now they have The Goldberg’s, its better than the
    one line sex jokes of Two & Half Men or Two Broke Girls or the revised Mike & Molly.

4. Carol says

This is one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time! I hope it renews for many more seasons. The casting is excellent. Good job ABC!

5. viv says

Love this show some people over analyze things, hilarious and heartwarming……… I grew up in the 80s and really can relate. Favorite episode so far was “mini murray”

6. Steve says

It would be a much better show if the timelines within the show all lined up. Fo example: on the latest episode when the oldest son gets his drivers license, you have the mother spouting off the “First Alert” phrase, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.” That phrase was first used in TV commercials in 1989. In the same episode, the father is into the final game of the World Series in which the Philadelphia Phillies looses. However the only World Series the Phillies played in the ’80’s was in 1980 and they lost. So here you have 1980 and 1989 events happening at the same time.

7. Dot Key says

I have watched all four shows…..
    The first one left me outraged.
    The second on did too.
    The third one was a little milder.
    So was the fourth one.
    ——————————————————————————————-
    I asked friends to watch it and they did not find it funny.
    Further, I, together with my friends, both Jewish and Christian, found it a terrible portrait of a family living in the 80’s.
    It is lacking respect for each character, consideration and…..would you call your son a “moron”?
    Also walking around in your jockey shorts is unbelievable.

I hope the show is cancelled soon since is a sad and untrue commentary of a family living during the 80’s. I will never watch this show again.

• Anonymous says

Wether the show
      Has an ethnic name has no bearing what
      So ever .ever here of a Show called all im
      the family?? Biggest show
      In the 70’s meathead. That’s correct. Names are
      Called to make this show fu n y. Would u rather see
      Sex or killings ? Obviously u would. Why make such
      An asani e statement . In the show all in the family
      Carrol o Connor called his son meathead the whole
      Country laughed. Great dry humor you keep going
      Goldbergs cause this country needs a great show
      Like this. Sorry, I think the moron thing is
      Hysterical and there are millions who feel the same way.
      This show is hysterical along with family values., lots of
      Heart and soul. Love it

8. Harvey says

Funniest show on TV at this time. ABC has some hits, “Back In The Game”, “Trophy Wife” but this one is the best.

9. Anthony Bassien-Capsa says

I think this brand new comedy series from ABC is gonna be cancelled so fast!!! I don’t like the concept!!!