The Goldbergs

The Goldbergs TV show on ABCNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 24, 2013 — TBD
Series status: ABC Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Wendi McLendon-Covey, Jeff Garlin, Sean Giambrone, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia, and George Segal.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in the 1980s, this sitcom follows the Goldberg family, a loving American family who yells more than most. Adam, the geeky 11 year old son, documents his family’s life with his video camera. The series is based on creator Adam F. Goldberg’s real-life family experiences, which he also used to capture on video tape.

Beverly (Wendi McLendon-Covey) is an overbearing and overprotective PTA mom who loves to shop and isn’t afraid to use her big mouth to protect her kids. She rules the family with absolute authority — and zero sense of boundaries.

Murray (Jeff Garlin) is a gruff and hot-tempered dad but is never scary. He’s triggered by a pin drop but struggles to stay calm. He runs the “Ottoman Empire”, the family furniture business and comes home weary after a long day, wanting nothing more than to veg in front of the television in his underwear. Helpless without his wife, he’s content to let her rule the roost.

Eldest child Erica (Hayley Orrantia) is 17 years old and in rebellion mode. She’s smart and sexy and is nobody’s fool. She manipulates and beats up on her younger brothers but ultimately looks out for them.

Overly emotional, Barry (Troy Gentile) is 16 years old and has severe middle child syndrome. He’s got horrible hygiene and even worse style. Awkward around girls, he spends his free time at the Moonlight Skate Rink and free-style rapping.

Camera-wielding Adam (Sam Giambrone) is the youngest child who’s bursting with energy — and is largely ignored by his family. Nothing makes him happier than a family fight. He thinks arguing is the only way to really interact with his older siblings — since they usually won’t have anything to do with him.

Al “Pops” Solomon (George Segal) is the wild man of the clan — and the widowed grandfather. Sometimes a little senile, he’s a shameless Don Juan who’s schooling little Adam in the ways of love. He dresses in leisure suits and dates an endless parade of younger gold diggers. Pops’ grandchildren adore him while his daughter tries to mother him, something he does not appreciate.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like The Goldbergs TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Vicki February 20, 2014 at 12:30 am

Love this show! Great sense of humor in this show. Our family looks forward to this show. I grew up in the 80’s so I can totally relate. Please renew.

DANIEL HIRSCH February 10, 2014 at 6:03 pm

I THINK THINK THIS IS A GRRRREAT! SHOW…CLEAN, ENTERTAINING AND
REAL….GREAT CHARACTERS…

THAT’S WHY THE SHOW WILL FAIL! TOO CLEAN…TOO NICE! PEOPLE DON’T WANT THAT…UNFORTUNATELY…JUST LIKE THE THE MICHAEL J FOX SHOW…TOO NICE AND NO SEX, BAD LANGUAGE, ETC.

I’LL KEEP WATCHING AS LONG AS IT IS ON!!!

d February 10, 2014 at 3:41 pm

THE GOLDBERGS IS THE BEST SITCOM>>> TO HIT THE TV>> SCREEN IS YEARS.. it needs a chance for viewers to see it… remember a show called CHEERS… they were gona cancel it till they found the right night… word is spreading i tell everyone… US 80’S kids are here and wanting to watch…awesome awesome show!

Dave February 10, 2014 at 12:58 am

This show is the best! Please renew!

Debbie February 7, 2014 at 7:45 pm

This is absolutely my favorite show….yes…I lived during the 80’s raising my children and every single character is excellent and so realistic…… ABC has a #1 hit

courtey January 16, 2014 at 8:04 pm

LOVE this show…a new favorite!!!

Laura January 16, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I grew up in the 80s. The show reflects the era I grew up in. Plus I grew up seeing George Segal in movies back then.

Linda January 16, 2014 at 2:34 pm

The only reason shows about the 80s get canceled is because you get young teens and young adults in their 20s who didn’t grow up back in the 80s and don’t give a damn about what went on back then. They know nothing because their parents didn’t teach them anything about the 80s. All they care about is what the next Kardashian is gonna do or marry.

Laura January 16, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Love the show. I grew up in the 80s so it’s interesting to watch a show about the era I grew up in. Plus, I grew up seeing George Segal in movies back then.

joe January 14, 2014 at 10:39 pm

love it, very good writers….

Lori January 8, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I love this show I think it should be renewed

angie January 3, 2014 at 11:48 pm

The Goldbergs is my favorite new show of the 2013-2014 season! I hope ABC gives this show a chance, in my opinion it is a WINNER!

E. Smith December 24, 2013 at 3:54 am

I look forward to this show every week. I DVR it so as not to miss it.
Everyone is so funny, especially the youngest boy along with his uncle.
Funny, funny show! Please renew it.

J king December 17, 2013 at 9:12 pm

I love The Goldbergs on ABC Funniest show I’ve seen in years. ABC has to renew it.

Tayla December 4, 2013 at 1:14 pm

A very funny comedy saved to my DVR. I would compare it to The Middle in that it’s a sleeper. The more I watch it the more I enjoy seeing the characters unfold. But, I don’t think the “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” is the best lead-in for this show. I’m glad it was renewed – hopefully in the right timeslot more people will discover The Goldbergs.