The Good Guys: FOX Series Trying to Attract More Female Viewers

The Good GuysIn May, FOX debuted their new action-comedy, The Good Guys. The cop show stars Bradley Whitford, Colin Hanks, Diana-Maria Riva, and Jenny Wade.

The network had so much faith in the show that they ordered seven additional episodes before the series even premiered and also gave it a slot on the fall schedule. Unfortunately, the TV show hasn’t caught on and looks to have a real uphill battle if The Good Guys is going to survive long enough to be renewed for season two.

FOX recently decided to pull the show from the summer schedule a little early but is still slated to air on Friday nights this fall.

As a result of the show’s rating challenges, The Good Guys is undergoing some adjustments. According to Deadline, FOX wants to focus on attracting more young female viewers.

To do that, there will be more emphasis placed on the romantic relationships and a young female CSI specialist could become a regular character. In addition, Julius (RonReaco Lee), the bumbling criminal, will appear in more episodes.

There are 11 original episodes left and they’ll start airing on Friday, September 24th.

What do you think? Will The Good Guys last long enough to see a second season or is it headed for cancellation?

Canceled and renewed TV show

69 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Danny Z says

This show is very unique. I really enjoy it and hope FOX doesn’t pull another Family Guy.
    Canceling this show would be a mistake. Besides FOX has House and Glee, so they’re all set.

2. gareth says

no offence but you Americans dont know a good show from a bad one you need to take an area in the uk before you call it a fail. the main reasons y is because this is a really good comedy and the usa dont understand sarcasm please dont axe this i have 1,000.000 people persecution not to axe this.

3. jlenoi1 says

I love this show. I can’t believe it hasn’t taken off. It is by far the best cop show I’ve ever watched, and easily made it to the upper area of my list of favorite shows. I’d like to see it go for a good 8 solid seasons, even more if they keep coming out with good episodes. It would be very depressing to see it cancelled after one season.

4. Michelle says

As with several other commentors, it is one of the few shows that my husband and I enjoy together. I like it more than he does!! There are very few shows that make me laugh out loud – and leave me feeling happy at the end of every show. Don’t tweak it much if at all and keep it on the air!!!

5. Carol says

What a fun show to watch! My husband and I can’t wait to see the next episode each week. We are really looking forward to Season Two! Why do all the good shows get canceled? This show makes you laugh and has a unique flashback presentation that keeps you on your toes.

6. lisa says

This is my husband’s favorite show. Please do not cancel it! I love the quirky cops….why do we cancel these fun, light shows for stupid, heavy, serious, reality shows……….boring. We could watch the news for reality drama. The one liners delivered in this show become part of our conversations! A little outrageous is refreshing. I love how Bradley takes the part, and obviously has so much fun with it. What an absolute crack up!

7. Mary Aikens says

I will be so disappointed if this show is canceled. Every time I watch it, I’m smiling and laughing the entire show and it makes my day. The combination of Bradley and Colin is really wonderful. They’ve really got great chemistry together. I particularly love Bradley’s character, but enjoy Colin’s too! I’m so sick of all these “reality” shows. They’re about as real as implants! Please don’t take this show off the air – we need more like it!!!

8. Kristen Morgan says

This show is absolutely great!!! They need not to cancel. Be patient. Good lord there is enough bad tv that we are forced to watch so let us PLEASE have something good for once. And move it to Mondays again! Friday is a death sentence!!!!

9. david bronstein says

Decently written show, I look forward to seeing it in the fall.
    Remember with internet, these shows can be seen after they air. So… Friday is still ok.
    It was on Monday to cover the slot 24 left.

10. Peggy says

This is a awesome show. At first we were’nt sure, but as we continued to watch, it just kept getting funnier, and more clever. Very entertaining!

11. REC says

This show is awesome! It’s not like any other cop show out there, and kicks the crap out of them. FOX is setting it and Human Target to fail this Fall by sticking them on Friday nights. I will try my best to watch the when I am able to, but who is really home on Friday night aroud 8-10pm? Not saying everyone is out, but Fridays in the fall are busy for me with work and football games and etc.