The Good Guys: FOX TV Show Ending Early; Will It Be Back?

The Good GuysFOX has decided to wrap their summer run of The Good Guys a few weeks early, on August 2nd. The network had previously planned to air original episodes of the Bradley Whitford / Colin Hanks series until August 23rd.

The series debuted to a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.93 million viewers. The numbers have essentially fallen each week and hit a low of a 1.0 rating and 3.42 million viewers.

Despite garnering poor ratings during the summer months, The Good Guys remains on the network’s fall schedule. Original episodes will return to FOX beginning Friday, September 24th. It remains to be seen how long that will last.

FOX has lower expectations for summer shows but it’s hard to believe that the network is pleased with the series’ performance. It seems that they’re keeping it on the fall schedule in hopes that viewers will tune in on Friday nights instead of trying one of the other networks’ new shows.

TV show supportBy the time Good Guys finishes its summer run, FOX will have aired nine original episodes. That will leave 11 new episodes for the fall. The real test will be to see if the network orders any more. Right now, that doesn’t seem likely.

What do you think? Do you like The Good Guys? Do you think it’ll last to see a second season? Should it?

Brent Nesbitt-Washington January 14, 2011 at 7:45 am

My name is Brent, I am 16 years old from North Carolina, and I love the good guys, it is one of the best cop shows ever made. It was such a good show that every week I would be so excited about the new episode, it is hilariuos, original, and action packed, and best of all I like it , please dont cancel.

kristina schmale January 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm

We LOVE the Good Guys!!! We laugh and laugh, BRING IT BACK!!!

JF Cooper January 12, 2011 at 7:33 am

I only watch two regular shows on TV and one is The Good Guys and the other is Human Target. I think both of them are great and if they go away that will reduce my regular weekly TV offering for this type of viewing. Keep’em going, nothing else on any better.

dennis January 10, 2011 at 9:28 am

The Good Guys show is the best entertainment on Friday night ,, come on Fox , don’t cancel a true winner ,, give them one more season,, no other station has anything as good as The Good Guys on Friday

Cynthia January 7, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I wanted to do a follow-up on my post….WAKE UP FOX!!

Cynthia January 7, 2011 at 2:52 pm

The Good Guys is one of the best shows on FOX-and on Fridays…no matter what day they’re on…I love it! It’s “clean” in contrast to so many shows now days. Please bring it back! Maybe it could change networks like Medium did??
Is anyone doing a petition??

teddknight January 3, 2011 at 6:13 am

funniest show ive seen in a long time . the whole family watches it together.The more macho Dan Stark tries to be the more we laugh. Who ever is in charge of checking your ratings is an idiot.this show should be up in the top 3 at least. Change the time and day.
Don,t cancel it.

tim January 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Dont cancel b.s fox picked the worst possible time slot

CNT January 1, 2011 at 8:07 pm

This show rocks!! Dan is Soooo Funny, I hope this show stays on for a long time!! :) :) ;) :)

Nicole January 1, 2011 at 8:05 pm

THIS IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV!!!! I hope it stays on for a long time. It is one of the only shows on tv that is not bad! :)

Vicki in New Orleans December 31, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I love this show! They should keep it. It is one of the
best cop shows on TV

Alan in Dallas December 28, 2010 at 4:17 pm

The show has so many funny twists, its truly one of the
best shows to come around in years. Please keep it~!~~!

patty December 27, 2010 at 10:51 pm

THIS IS AN AWESOME SHOW! PLEASE DON’T CANCEL IT! ITS FREAKIN’ HILARIOUS. VERY ORIGINAL. WE HOPE TO SEE IT COME BACK. ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I’VE SEEN A TV SHOW THAT WASN’T A REALTY SHOW. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL!!

Rosie December 27, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Love this show, hope it returns. Don’t like reality shows or grown up cartoons or the news shows on any night!

sharon burke December 26, 2010 at 6:29 pm

love this SHOW ! ! ! ! !!