The Good Wife: CBS Show Renewed for Season Two

The Good Wife season twoAfter spending many years on ER, Julianna Margulies left life as a series regular 10 years ago. She went on to guest roles on shows like The Sopranos and returned to weekly television as the star of FOX’s Canterbury’s Law. The legal drama only lasted six episodes. She tried the genre again this season on CBS and has had much better luck.

The Good Wife revolves around the wife (Margulies) of a disgraced State Attorney (Chris Noth). She returns to work to rebuild her reputation and provide for her children. The series also stars Matt Czuchry, Archie Panjabi, Graham Phillips, Makenzie Vega, Mary Beth Peil, Josh Charles, and Christine Baranski.

The series has the plum spot on the schedule following the very successful NCIS: Los Angeles. Good Wife debuted to 13.71 million viewers and a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Those numbers slipped a bit over the following weeks but have been rising again. The most reason installment attracted 13.70 million viewers and a 3.0 rating.

To no surprise, CBS has renewed Good Wife for season two. The network hasn’t specified an episode order but it’s expected to be a full season of 22-24 installments.

What do you think? Is Good Wife worth watching? Where would you like to see it go for season two?

Whitestar May 17, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I love this show; I hope they don’t cancel it. I would love to see Alicia and Peter reconcile, but………………….part of me want her to get together with Will!

Wally May 15, 2011 at 5:10 am

I just finished watching year two of the series. Good acting,and exciting to watch. There is a lot of suspense, romance and anticipation. Hopefully season three will be as exciting as the first two.

dorcas April 17, 2011 at 11:35 pm

i love it so very much please dont stop at all

Phyllis Crenshaw March 23, 2011 at 9:32 am

The Good Wife is definitely on our list of things to watch on Tuesday night, but we are becoming more and more concerned with the direction the show is going. It seems to want to approach controversial subjects mostly affirmatively, like the sexual tension between Margolis and her boss, her husband’s infidelity, her brother’s as well as her co-worker’s homosexuality, but when her husband turns to a pastor to find answers for his lifeand when their daughter befriends a christian, it becomes pratically intolerable for Margolis and her mother-in-law. They talked about it like it was a disease! It was so much so, their daughter denied that she was praying! What does this mean? I don’t like it.

Caron March 16, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I love the good wife and would like to see Alicia and Will get together. I hope that the series goes on for a good number of year. I never miss it.

Romana January 7, 2011 at 12:59 am

best show ever. season 2 has been as exciting as the first one. excellent writing.

Barbara January 3, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I’m 82 my Niece is in her 30′s we both love “The good wife”, we both
won’t miss a show. Hope it continues for years.

Anonymous December 31, 2010 at 4:25 pm

I really like “The Good Wife.” It’s my favorite show on TV.
However, it is constantly being canceled for other “specials.” Is
it going to continue? I can’t wait to see the next new
episode.

Bear118 December 30, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Great great show and writing
Lovd it

Anonymous December 7, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Its a really good show i hope they do not cancel the show.

richard December 1, 2010 at 4:32 pm

would like get season 2 dvd one of the best on tv thank u

Andrea Dishman October 22, 2010 at 4:19 am

The best show on TV

Elva Guzman September 24, 2010 at 10:40 am

Margolis and Noth make an awesome pair on the series. My husband and I look forward to season 2 and future seasons!!

Robert September 24, 2010 at 4:42 am

Definitely one of the best shows. Watched season 1 in one week and had to drag myself to my work. Great casting…..
Best regards from Holland.