The Good Wife: CBS Show Renewed for Season Two

The Good Wife season twoAfter spending many years on ER, Julianna Margulies left life as a series regular 10 years ago. She went on to guest roles on shows like The Sopranos and returned to weekly television as the star of FOX’s Canterbury’s Law. The legal drama only lasted six episodes. She tried the genre again this season on CBS and has had much better luck.

The Good Wife revolves around the wife (Margulies) of a disgraced State Attorney (Chris Noth). She returns to work to rebuild her reputation and provide for her children. The series also stars Matt Czuchry, Archie Panjabi, Graham Phillips, Makenzie Vega, Mary Beth Peil, Josh Charles, and Christine Baranski.

The series has the plum spot on the schedule following the very successful NCIS: Los Angeles. Good Wife debuted to 13.71 million viewers and a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Those numbers slipped a bit over the following weeks but have been rising again. The most reason installment attracted 13.70 million viewers and a 3.0 rating.

To no surprise, CBS has renewed Good Wife for season two. The network hasn’t specified an episode order but it’s expected to be a full season of 22-24 installments.

What do you think? Is Good Wife worth watching? Where would you like to see it go for season two?

Jody May 30, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I love the show, but if Chris Noth does not return as Peter Florick or if Alicia desides to end her marriage the show will lose a great chemistry. I am afraid it will not survive without the Peter/Alica dynamic

ginger May 29, 2010 at 11:51 pm

love it!

emerson gillett May 26, 2010 at 11:44 pm

A really good show! It is so intriguing to see the different characters evolving with unexpected twists. My favorite of the entire season

Linda May 26, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Yes–the ending was a bit weak/meek. The “Plan” I get, but why does she wait for Will to offer her the plan? She is abdicating her responsibility for her own life here. Her husband is a self-centered idiot with a really overbearing, nasty mother–no wonder he thinks he can do no wrong. The scene where the waitress gives the bill with a note to ‘call me’ is obscene. At this point she owes her husband nothing while he owes her a lot. He should wait for a year before running again—and anyone who votes for him deserves the trouble they get. It’s time for Mrs. Florrick to take her kids and leave. She already knows she can get along without him.

Roberta May 26, 2010 at 8:48 am

I was very disappointed by the finale. She waited to someone,(anyone else, hushand or boss,) to offer her a plan. She would not take responsibility for her own future.

sam may May 26, 2010 at 2:16 am

I absolutely LOVE this show. It’s well written and well played. I cannot wait for Season 2 to start .

Joey Leone Esq. May 25, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Thanks Julianna for changing the perspective of cits, to attrnys…
Love you much…

JLl’sJMmtnething

Charlotte May 23, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Hope the 2nd season will be back soon.

Christensen Y. May 20, 2010 at 11:48 am

I love this show The good wife needs to remaind good.writing is awsome.

Karla May 20, 2010 at 5:28 am

Excellent show good cast well written! A+

chachacha May 18, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Great show! I look forward to watching it next season. The characters are really evolving.

nancy kramer May 12, 2010 at 9:37 am

This is the best ever! I look forward to Tuesday night. I hate when there are repeats and do not understand this. I love all of the characters. Mr. Gold is excellent. I loved him well really did not!!!! in Circle of Friends. I want it to go on forever. I and many others are hooked. I love Colinda and also the son and his girlfriend. Well, they are all great. The writers are excellent.

Joey Leone Esq. May 25, 2010 at 10:07 pm

There are already 4 seasons in the works.
What will she do: answer or not???
I know…

Philippa May 5, 2010 at 5:06 am

I just loooove it! Finally a good show!

Albina April 21, 2010 at 10:27 am

I have watched from the very first show. I was hooked and I am pleased that there is a series that is well written and timely.
All the actors are great in their roles and I hope it will continue for a long time.

side April 7, 2010 at 1:54 am

top top, just love it when is it gonna be back?