The Good Wife

The Good WifeNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 22, 2009 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Julianna Margulies, Chris Noth, Christine Baranski, Matt Czuchry, Archie Panjabi, Josh Charles, Graham Phillips, Makenzie Vega, Titus Welliver, Mary Beth Peil, and Patrick Heusinger.

current TV show

TV show description:
Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) is the wife of the State’s Attorney of Cook County, Peter Florrick (Chris Noth), who is jailed as the result of a political corruption and sex scandal. She pushes aside the public humiliation and betrayal and goes back to work as a defense attorney, despite being out of the courtroom for the past thirteen years. She finds that she has to completely start over as a junior associate and gets a job at Stern, Lockhart & Gardner, a prestigious Chicago law firm.

Will Gardner (Josh Charles) is an old friend of Alicia’s from law school, is now Firm Partner, and helped to get her foot in the door. Diane Lockhart (Christine Baranski) is a Senior Partner and a top litigator at the firm. She offers to mentor Alicia but that’s certainly not going to make life any easier.

The firm’s private investigator is Kalinda Sharma (Archie Panjabi). She’s an ally to Alicia and previously worked for her husband. Cary Agos (Matt Czuchry), a recent college grad, joined the firm as a junior attorney at the same time as Alicia. Eventually only one of the two will get a permanent position at the firm and he wants to make sure he’s the man for the job.

In the courtroom, Alicia must combat grudges and scrutiny from her husband’s old allies and enemies, including Glenn Childs (Titus Welliver). Childs took over Peter’s job and leaked graphic the sex tape to the press.

With a very busy and complicated professional life, Alicia must also do her best as a lone parent to provide a stable home for her children, 14-year-old Zach (Graham Phillips) and 13-year-old Grace (Makenzie Vega). Though the relationship can be awkward, Peter’s mother, Jackie (Mary Beth Peil), helps manage the house while Alicia’s away.

gloria March 27, 2014 at 5:11 am

We all LOVE THIS SHOW PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL IT!!!

jamie March 20, 2014 at 12:06 am

I am sick of the reruns on the good wife and nashville. That is all I ever see. I have lost interest in both. So many reruns does not keep your interest going.

Donna January 8, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Last Sunday’s episode was so hot between Alicia and Will and they do have chemistry. I think it won’t be long before they get together again. Love this show.

Donna October 30, 2013 at 5:01 pm

OMG…..loved the feud between Alicia and Will. Hot and heavy and this show gets better and better every week. Sunday’s episode was on fire!!!!

Nora Whitbeck October 6, 2013 at 1:26 am

I love this show! Keep it going!!

Gloria March 27, 2013 at 8:35 pm

We find this series riveting we love Kalinda she is great and Alicia is a great actor we find every episode great and can hardly wait for the next one. DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW PLEASE!!!

Joyce Springate May 14, 2012 at 7:00 am

Started out very good but quit watching it after first season. Of course, sex had to come into the pic and from there on it was down hill. When will you get it into your heads we don’t need all the so called love scenes. Good grief, do they grade who can pant enough and make the most noise. That is getting old. What next.

Mary Ann Elliot April 22, 2011 at 8:29 am

When in the fall will the series begin,. And why wasn’t Peter in the finale?

admin April 22, 2011 at 11:54 am

Mary Ann Elliot » They won’t announce that for quite awhile. It hasn’t even been renewed yet. Also, the finale doesn’t air until 5/17/11. There are three episodes left in this season.

Sharon April 12, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Why wasn’t Chris Noth who plays Peter Florreck in the finale?

CJ August 12, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Who knows why we are so weak when it comes to sex and to be videoed sucking some hooker’s toes is about as humiliating as it gets, for everyone involved. I don’t condone fooling around outside of a marriage, but I also don’t consider it my business. What scum uses such information to publicly embarrass someone? Those are the people I really think should be ostracized. That aside, I love the character Alicia Florrick. She handles the slings and arrows life throws at her with great aplomb. But I am a bit distracted by what seems to me to be foolishness. For example she has many choices about her work. A person of her capability would be welcomes in many different law firms. I would say her husband would be supported by the heads of many firms that specialized in business law. (Boring for this story, I know.) She could set up her own practice. She could teach, she could work is any number of executive positions not directly related to law. The firm where she is at seems pretty creepy to me.
I am also bugged by her indecision about her marriage. Don’t you think she should get over herself, either forgive the guy or leave!

ashton smith July 7, 2010 at 4:31 am

Love the good wife.
Great wholsome drama…

walter boller January 18, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I have become hooked by this series. It is without a doubt one of the most clever and spellbinding in terms of twists and turns and plots. It is fighting with NCIS as to which are my favorites.