The Great Escape: Cancelled; No Season Two

TNT series cancelled, The Great EscapeTNT has cancelled The Great Escape after one season on the air, reports TV Guide. It was their first attempt at producing an original reality show but won’t be their last.

Hosted by NFL Network’s Rich Eisen, The Great Escape pits three pairs against each other as they try to escape from being held captive. They then search for clues and four hidden pieces of a puzzle — all while avoiding roaming guards that might send a team back to the beginning. The first team to reach the host with a finished puzzle wins $100,000.

The series debuted in June with a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.6 million viewers. Opposite some stiff competition, the numbers quickly dwindled and drew a 0.3 rating with 873,000 viewers for the August finale.

TNT has three new non-scripted shows slated for 2013; a police docu-drama called Boston Blue that’s executive produced by Donnie Wahlberg; a competition series called 72 Hours; and The Hero, a search by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson for a new action hero.

What do you think? Did you enjoy The Great Escape? Was it better than other reality competitions?

Rebeca June 27, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Why do they always have to cancel the good shows? I loved this show.

Anonymous September 14, 2013 at 5:29 pm

I loved to watch it with my family. Why did they have to cancel it!?

katy June 5, 2013 at 12:22 am

This was my favorite tv show I really hope they bring it back

Sharon February 15, 2013 at 4:10 am

Sorry to hear that this show was cancelled!!! I hope that they will bring it back again!!!

Dillon January 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I really enjoyed to watch this show. My whole family used to watch and it was exciting to see what happened to each group and to think of what it would be like if that were you trying to escape and it was just fun for the whole family. I’m disappointed to see it go.

Shavone December 4, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I love the show and very sad to see it go. I’m hoping the network change their mind. I love the adventure. My husband and I really enjoyed this show.

Jake November 19, 2012 at 1:28 am

Give it one more go! I just got into it after it ended, was able to watch it On Demand. I actually used Facebook to tell about it and about 10-15 friends decided to try it out! That’s one post and it hardly said anything! I loved this show and was looking forward to season 2. They should definitely try again!

Kat October 16, 2012 at 7:58 am

“but won’t be their last [stab at reality TV].” That right there is the truly sad news contained in this article.

Sharon Eason October 12, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I am so sad to hear that TNT has cancelled The Great Escape I as well as all members in my family truely enjoyed watching it. I hope they bring it back again.