The Hard Times of RJ Berger: MTV Series Cancelled, No Season Three

Hard Times of RJ Berger canceled season threeCable channel MTV has decided to cancel The Hard Times of RJ Berger after two seasons on the air. Despite the fact that year two ended on a big shocking twist, there won’t be a third season.

The first season of RJ Berger wasn’t a big success in the ratings but MTV renewed it anyway, likely hoping that it would catch on with a bigger audience. It didn’t and the ratings for season two were even lower than the first.

There hasn’t been official statement from MTV about the cancellation but the co-creators broke the news to their fans via Twitter this afternoon.

Seth Grahame-Smith wrote, “Well, it’s official. #RJBerger has been cancelled. Thanks to the cast and crew for two amazing seasons, and to all the fans.”

David Katzenberg echoed those feelings by writing, “R.I.P. #RJBerger Thank you to the fans and everyone involved in the show. What an incredible journey.”

Hopefully in the coming weeks, the writers will be able to share what they had in mind for season three.

What do you think? Are you sorry that RJ Berger has been cancelled? What would you have liked to see in season three?

Kraig July 3, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Plz make a season 3 you have too you can’t just end rj Berger like that I wanna what else is gonna happen

Anonymous July 1, 2012 at 12:38 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW HOW CAN SOMEONE DO THIS SKINS SUCKS SBD SO.DOES I WANT MY PANTS BACK COME ON NOW IN OUTRAGED WHY IS THIS SHOW ON NETFLIX AND STILL BEING SHOWED ON MTV IF THEY ARNT GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER IM OUTRAGED I LOVE RJ BURGER

Ashton June 30, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Honestly i thought the show was goin to suck but then i started to watch it and man was it interesting. Now i love the whole thing but never got to watch the finale until now and man what a twist .so i looked up when season 3 was coming out and just to no its canceled u guys just cant end it like that . What a shame

Anonymous June 27, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Season 3 please begging you i think more people will watch it now honestly it was a fantastic show and people are fucking stupid if they did not like it! This easily tops any other mtv show!

Paul Forhsy June 26, 2012 at 10:28 am

The hard times of RJ berger is great!! U Cant just take the show off the air like that with a lot of question un answer. even if u do a few views to rap it. Bring it back please.

Anonymous June 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Please bring it back! One of the gr
eatest shows on, MTV

Gav June 23, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Just caught this show over in the UK on Netflix and I laughed my arse off at every episode I watch. I generally find US comedy unfunny but this is comedy gold and itbis a real shame MTV pulled this after just 2 seasons instead of shite like Jersey Shore or the other 5 million droll reality shite that they seem to pump never ending funds into. Get that crap off the air and put on what people actually want to watch

Adrian June 18, 2012 at 10:03 pm

U need to put it back on…this will be the biggest mistake if u dont., I love this show and its not finished in my point of view cause the story is still unfinished,and I think RJ should be with jenny instead of amy…RJ should gets some too from amy haha

Aaron June 12, 2012 at 6:47 pm

That is messed up how they leave us hanging in the last episode on season 2 how Lilly says shes pregnant. They have to have season 3!!!!!!

jamallh clark June 11, 2012 at 8:04 pm

The only show on mtv that I watched….. Atleast but season three on dvd

Elle June 11, 2012 at 12:40 am

Please put this show back on the air. All my friends love the show, it’s a hit at my school! It’s better than pretty little liars! I mean The Hard Times of RJ Berger talk about stuff that actually happens! I LOVE IT TO DEATH!! PLEASE IM BEGING YOU! Put it back on!

Colin June 4, 2012 at 7:56 pm

stupid mtv stupid how could u do this your pretty jank mtv. this was a great show and i lmao everytime i watched and the endings to every episode were soo good. >(

Saoud May 28, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I’m so mad at the fact MTV cancelled a good show and to top it all off they leave us with a big twist. Like really I love this show I really want to know what’s going to happen with rj

Cole May 25, 2012 at 1:35 pm

This is the worse thing mtv has ever done caneling this show it was great and it would become bigger over summers with kids getting board and wanting to watch random shows on netflix… Way to go MTV for canceling my favorite show!! That just shows you that i guess people care more about watching stupid teens having kids.. RJ Berger was a good show for teens and would of become big eventuallly. It just kinda feels like someone ripped my heart out i loved that show thanks alot mtv……

Chris May 16, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I really can’t see why MtV would do this instead of canceling other shows like Teen Mom, that is just completly stupid to watch! The Hard Times is an actual show that people would want to watch, not some kind of idiotic ‘show’ of a teen going through a life crisis having a baby.
BRING BACK THE HARD TIMES OF RJ BERGER!!!!!