The Hard Times of RJ Berger: MTV Series Cancelled, No Season Three

Hard Times of RJ Berger canceled season threeCable channel MTV has decided to cancel The Hard Times of RJ Berger after two seasons on the air. Despite the fact that year two ended on a big shocking twist, there won’t be a third season.

The first season of RJ Berger wasn’t a big success in the ratings but MTV renewed it anyway, likely hoping that it would catch on with a bigger audience. It didn’t and the ratings for season two were even lower than the first.

There hasn’t been official statement from MTV about the cancellation but the co-creators broke the news to their fans via Twitter this afternoon.

Seth Grahame-Smith wrote, “Well, it’s official. #RJBerger has been cancelled. Thanks to the cast and crew for two amazing seasons, and to all the fans.”

David Katzenberg echoed those feelings by writing, “R.I.P. #RJBerger Thank you to the fans and everyone involved in the show. What an incredible journey.”

Hopefully in the coming weeks, the writers will be able to share what they had in mind for season three.

What do you think? Are you sorry that RJ Berger has been cancelled? What would you have liked to see in season three?

wayne January 11, 2013 at 8:36 pm

what ever happened to the original mtv( music television videos) all this drama tv is bullshit every show now a days you watch it and you get more stupid

luke January 8, 2013 at 10:51 pm

KEEP IT GOING… I GOTTA KNOW HOW THE DANG SHOW ENDS!!!

Rob December 31, 2012 at 5:05 am

I agree with everyone!!!!!!! This show should NOT have been cancelled, my entire family watched it (father 50, mother 49, sister 27, brother in law 26, and myself 25)!!!! I am now 26 and watch the seasons on Netflix daily with my fianc√© now! If you keep on jersey shore with its repetitive nonsense, you should bring back a television show that high school students, twenty year olds, young adults, and parents all can relate to and enjoy!!!!! My entire family and I’m sure many others are extremely upset about MTV canceling such an incredibly funny and amazing television show, quite frankly the best MTV has ever aired. I have stopped watching MTV since the final episode aired out of frustration and disappointment that MTV has cancelled the best show they have ever aired!!!!! Start listening to the viewers that valued Rj and bring it back and stop airing the crap reality shows!!!!!!!!

Brandon December 18, 2012 at 1:34 am

Make a season 3 of RJ burger best show^.^

Al November 29, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Yes season 3 I love it

LH November 12, 2012 at 12:28 am

Bring the show back!!!!

Fidel October 21, 2012 at 4:57 pm

BRING THE SHOW BACK!!!!!!

lild October 28, 2012 at 8:11 am

i know i loves it so much

Shane September 23, 2012 at 12:52 am

I think there are alot more people taking notice of this great show, and now would be a perfect time to bring it back. You can thank Netflix for that I think. I never would have known about this show if it wasn’t for Netflix, and I think others are the same way. I hate MTV, and would never turn it on. Atleast not unless this show were to return….

Rick sven October 12, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Totaly thats exactly how i learned about it

Judy September 18, 2012 at 11:05 pm

BRING THE SHOW BACK!!!!!! This is one of the funniest shows ever! I watched it with my husband on Netflix in 3 days.

Nicholas September 11, 2012 at 10:45 am

I just watched both seasons in one weekend. I’m 15 and I relate to every single episode. It shows the ups and downs, twists and turns of highschool. Honestly, to get away from my schoolwork and girls this show, shows there is other kids out there who are getting picked on known as the “Outcast”. There should be a season 3 if not on MTV but another channel and I will be sure to watch every episode of it. Honestly, you can’t leave season 2 with Liley getting pregnant with RJ’s kid and then not show what happens in the future. But its the Television Industry, What are you going to do?

averymorgan August 27, 2012 at 10:24 pm

this needs to be brough back on theres been worse shows that shouldnt have been on the air that people hate and now that theres one on that people like and actually can relate to they take it off

axel mora August 15, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Come on there should be season 3

antonio fletcher August 13, 2012 at 11:18 am

come on you guys have to find another network or something ill definitely follow the show wherever it goes think of something

Samm k August 8, 2012 at 10:59 pm

This definitely needs to be brought back!!!! I was late watching it, I just watched the first two seasons on Netflix, and I FREAKING LOVED IT!!! Some of the stuff was a little out there, but every episode was hilarious and I really fell in love with all of the characters. After the last episode, with the mind blowing twist I did not see coming at all, I was so sad to see that the third season was not on Netflix. Now I found out it was cancelled!!! Are you serious! That’s not even right man. How are you going to throw something like that onto the audience, and then just stop…. He also just worked things out with Amy!!!!! And they were all hanging out together, even Jenny and Hamilton… You cant end it like this.

Iv August 2, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Now that it hit Netflix more people r watching it depending on the amount of veiws and rating see if u should go through with the 3rd season. More people r noticing it you should seize the closure of the gaping open minds of the newly found viewers. You could even explain the absence of episodes with the time of Lillie’s getting ready for birth and having the season premiere with her giving birth. Please I’m begging u do what ever it takes bring the show back!!!!!!!!!¬° It is my favorite show I was (mediforicly) slapped in the face when I reliesed that the suspense was to be forever bottled. Hear the fans pleas just do it even if it means a cheap low budget finish just anything we can grasp on to!