The Killing: Cancelled by AMC, Season Three Possible

AMC TV show The Killing canceledTo no surprise, AMC has cancelled The Killing after two seasons on the air. The ratings took a sizable dip in year two after the first season didn’t wrap up the ongoing murder mystery. However, The Killing may not be as dead as poor Rosie Larsen.

In a statement, AMC said, “After much deliberation, we’ve come to the difficult decision not to renew The Killing for a third season. AMC is incredibly proud of the show and is fortunate to have worked with such a talented team on this project, from showrunner Veena Sud and our terrific partners at Fox Television Studios to the talented, dedicated crew and exceptional cast.”

Fox Television Studios, which produces the series, issued a similar statement but gave some hope for fans who were looking forward to a third season. “Fox Television Studios is extremely proud of The Killing, the extraordinary writing staff and crew, and what we believe is one of the best casts on television. We will proceed to try to find another home for the show.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Killing has been cancelled? Would you be interested in watching a third season? Which characters should be in it?

Dawn August 19, 2012 at 2:39 am

I dont get amc so i had to pay for each episode on zun, on my xbox360. I wonder if AMC even took into consideration the fact that there are alot of cabl networks as well as satillite network that dont carry this channel anymore and yet here are people like me who didnt min paying per episode to wtch his wonderful show. Please find a new home

adrienne August 11, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Best show on TV!!! Renew it!

Diane August 16, 2012 at 7:10 pm

YES, Renew!!

Joe August 6, 2012 at 4:39 pm

What a huge mistake by AMC.
First they mess up by not renewing Rubicon and now they double up by cancelling The Killing.

tvsbroken August 6, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Great show! Agree this should be saved. Each intelligent show we lose only creates a slot for another “reality” space-waste of time.

Tammy August 4, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I am very disappointed in AMC’s decision not to keep The Killing. It is one of my very favorite shows. I didn’t mind having to wait 2 seasons to find out who the killer was. It always stayed interesting and exciting. I liked the way each episode was the next day in the investigation, which in my opinion, made it more real. I think AMC has made a big mistake and I hope Fox Television Studios can find a home for a 3rd season and many many more!

TieraC August 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Why must every show I love get cancelled!!! Pleeease find this show a new home!!

Lee August 1, 2012 at 9:06 am

I am extremely disappointed. This is an excellent scripted drama series with a talented acting, writing and production team. I hope Fox find it a new home so we can continue to be enthralled.

Kat July 31, 2012 at 8:03 am

Not sorry they killed The Killing; still wishing they hadn’t canned Rubicon.

The Killing: Boring, boring, boring show that I hated and am glad to see gone. And yet… I still halfway watched every episode of both seasons, because it was so darn good. Can’t deny how this boring, dreary show captivated in its own subtle way. Can’t believe how much I disliked Holder in the beginning yet grew to love him by the end! Glad Darren didn’t turn out to be the murderer, but what was up with his transformation at the end? Did suddenly having power mean morphing into a typical politician? Well, I’ll hope it’s only a temporary reaction to everything he’s been through and that he gets better later on, even though the cancellation means we won’t get to see it actually happen.

Bob July 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Yet another well acted, ambitious, well written, beautifully shot dark. intelligent show killed by AMC. I thought season 2 was brilliant. Of course, no zombies (nothing against WD!). Please stop catering to the ignorant masses, and take a page from HBO and make QUALITY JOB ONE! Fox needs to find this a new home.

Karen McVey August 27, 2012 at 7:02 am

You are so right!!!!! Intelligent shows never make it because of the ignorant masses controlling the networks. What a shame that an awesome non-predictable show be cancelled!

Christina July 29, 2012 at 5:55 pm

My friends and I love this show. Found season 1 on Netflix and season 2 on Amazon. Don’t “kill” it!

Chaz July 29, 2012 at 3:30 pm

The original second season in Denmark is set two years later with a demoted Sarah called in to investigate the murder of a lawyer and the coverup surrounding the killing of civilians in Afghanistan by Danish special forces.

TrueBeliever July 28, 2012 at 10:38 pm

There is a disturbing trend raising it’s ugly head in the corridors of power among those who make the decisions regarding whether shows stay or go. This trend is to drop shows which have a wealth of that now rare quality of intelligent writing with outstanding plotlines accompanied by actors which stretch themselves beyond boring normalcy to mastery of the creative in favor of mindless, spirit-numbing sitcoms which appease the senses rather than stimulate the mind. It is, I fear, a tragic reflection of our society as a whole. I, for one (and for what it’s worth), strongly encourage another network to pick up this ingenious series. It would be a true shame for viewing audiences to lose yet another strong and thought-provoking show with intriguing plots, an excellent cast and a clearly brilliant writing team. Someone please RENEW IT!!

Pip July 28, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Like the Critic, I too couldn’t stand the Holder character, but by the time the show was finalllllllllly over, he was the only one I did like.

nyree July 28, 2012 at 5:46 pm

This show was great. It should be kept as a mini series not a regular show.

The Critic July 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

Couldn’t stand the Holder character or the actor who played him. I wrote this show off half way through the first season. Glad its official.

Rob July 29, 2012 at 8:57 pm

You weren’t supposed to like him. Just as the main character didn’t like him. But, again, as she did, we came to love him by the end of the series.