The Killing: Should “What I Know” Be the Last Episode?

Killing season two finale previewNext Sunday, AMC will air the second season finale of The Killing, their murder investigation drama. Based on the show’s ratings decline, it seems very possible that The Killing will be cancelled instead of being renewed for a third season. Thankfully, the big murder mystery will be solved next week.

Based on last night’s events, it looks like Jamie is the guilty party but there’s still plenty of time left for some twists, turns, and shocking revelations.

Here’s the season two finale preview:

What do you think? Should season two be the end of the series or would you like to see The Killing return for a third year?

Jrsy June 15, 2012 at 7:19 am

Keep it going! Don’t cancel!

Kelly June 14, 2012 at 8:58 am

PLEASE do not cancel The Killing! It is one of the only shows I care to watch anymore that has kept my interest. I actually liked that the first season ended on a cliff-hanger. It was a great cliff-hanger! As for continuing the show – There is still a lot to explore in the Larsen family, which could maintain a storyline not necessarily connecting to Lynden and Holder anymore (unless it can be connected somehow still, which if it can be done, by all means, do it!). We could still follow the Larsen family while Lynden and Holder move on to another murder (possibly somehow linked to Rosie’s case…maybe?). It is ENTIRELY possible to continue this series for at least one more season, but in my opinion, several more. There are so many places to take it!

I am not afraid to admit when a show I love has seen it’s end. As a huge fan of Fringe, I know that this next season must be it’s last. I also think they strayed too far from the X-Files-esque cases and focused too much on the parallel universe story. They could have continued to introduce more odd cases while still maintaining the parallel universe storyline and mystery surrounding it. So even though I love Fringe, the time has come for the final season. The Killing, however, has plenty of life left in it (pardon the pun). The writers can take Lynden and Holder anywhere. I bed AMC to renew for a 3rd season…and hopefully a 4th! If AMC is silly enough to let it go, then I hope another network will pick it up.

Also – Flash Forward and the Event were also prematurely cancelled, IMHO. While, yes, stupid and thoughtless shows can carry on for an absurd number of seasons. UNCOOL. Just goes to show that the American attention span is laughable. Very unfortunate!

Kat June 14, 2012 at 9:44 am

This is also the network that cancelled Rubicon after one season, though. I expect The Killing to be canned and replaced with either a reality TV show or a scripted program that isn’t as interesting. I see more potential for the political storylines to continue (especially if Darren Richmond gets elected as Mayor) than the family storyline. With a new victim to pop up next season, wouldn’t they need to devote that screen time to the new family? (Assuming the new victim has a family).

Kelly June 15, 2012 at 10:24 am

Well they could carry on with a new and unidentified victim, perhaps? Maybe a Jane Doe who was killed in a similar fashion as Rosie. Then, the police (and the audience) would be baffled, wondering if Rosie’s killer has a copycat or maybe had help with Rosie’s killing, etc. Then we would not need to focus on a new family right away. Eventually they could have the identity of the new victim revealed and start to incorporate the new family. Though I see no reason we can’t still follow the Larsen family. With Mitch’s sanity hanging in the balance (one can only assume – since she left for several days- that she is not really holding it together) and her family coming apart at the seems, I can cook up a whole lot of creative storylines there. Not to mention they could bring back that girl she was mothering at the hotel (I forget her name). I just think there are plenty of ideas that can come forth and to cancel one of the few good shows left would, to me, be a travesty! My Sunday nights would never be the same!

Bonnie June 13, 2012 at 5:13 pm

PLEASE continue this wonderful show! So many great twists and turns with fine acting! I catch myself ooing and aahing all throughout!

W June 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Please do not cancel. I love the killing.

Sheila Smith June 13, 2012 at 8:20 am

DO NOT CANCEL this excellent, thought provoking series.

The Powers That Be, cancel excellent shows (Alcatraz, Missing, and now possibly,
The Killing!). While renewing stupidity shows, ie., Simpsons, Family Guy, King of
the Hill, South Park, etc., etc.

joterri June 13, 2012 at 12:03 am

Please renew!

Nicole June 12, 2012 at 2:17 pm

This show is amazing! It’s doesn’t have to try too hard to seem realistic, it just has a fantastic plot and acting. If this show gets cancelled I’ll be pissed

Eileen O'Shea June 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm

We love the Killing show – it is spellbinding. We stop everything to watch the show – every minute – to catch every word the characters say. The two main stars are terrific, as well as the supporting cast. It is shown on Sunday night at our location – same night as The Good Wife – they are our two favorite shows. Please renew “The Killing” with the two main characters starring.

Georgia June 12, 2012 at 11:34 am

I agree with Reese, Missing and Alcatraz should have been renewed. It does seem that if a show has a plot and that has lots of twists and turns…they get cancelled. It’s irritating that so many people have the attention span of a gnat these days and can’t follow a series with a story line. As for The Killing…love this show…and hope it’s renewed. Linden & Holder are good together and once they solve this murder I’d like to see them continue to another season…solving another crime. I, too, think they should have solved the crime during the first season and this second season could have been solving another intriquing case.

Reese June 12, 2012 at 7:50 am

As long as they solve this one. I cannot believe they dropped Alcatraz and Missing. It seems as though the shows that are the true intellectual gems with thought-provoking writing get cancelled far too soon while mindless sitcoms reverberate their trash and low brow, foolishness on and on ad infinitum ad ignauseum!!!

Elizabeth June 12, 2012 at 6:22 am

I really enjoy the characters L & H. However I think the show would be better if the crime was solved each season. Then they have another case to solve for the following season.

Keith June 12, 2012 at 6:00 am

They would go on to another case,that’s how they continue

Mike June 12, 2012 at 1:45 am

Love The Killing! Please don’t cancel it so many good shows have been cancelled this year i’m starting to run out of things to watch

Anonymous June 12, 2012 at 1:26 am

As long as Linden and Holder remain change the series for all I care : ).

Tha Critic June 12, 2012 at 12:53 am

I lost interest after season 1. And if they’re gonna give up the killer, why continue? They could’ve made it a mini-series or something.