The Killing: Fourth and Final Season Coming to Netflix

The Killing season fourNetflix has revealed that the fourth and final season of The Killing will be released on August 1st in all territories. The streaming video provider ordered six episodes to wrap up the series.

As fans will recall, The Killing was canceled by AMC after two seasons in 2012. It was later revived for a third season thanks to a deal between AMC, Netflix and Fox Television Studios.

AMC dropped the show again last year but Netflix stepped up to give The Killing a final (though short) season.

What do you think? Do you plan on watching the final six episodes?

10 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Megan says

I am absolutely shocked that the show has been canceled. I must admit, my boyfriend and I were a bit frustrated with how bitter Linden had become, but the show still kept us tuned. It is truly an innovative show that reflects how Netflix is taking initiative on an out of box series. Disappointed that this show has been canceled, but hopeful that it will continue in the future.

2. James Arnes says

The third season of the Killing was a let down but the fourth and final season made up for it, the show went out on a high note!!

3. C Baum says

We love this series! The characters are fully developed and continue to grow in their jobs and personal life, though, not always in the direction they want to go. We have friends in California and Wisconsin that are hoping the series really isn’t complete after the 4th season. The detectives are so engaging on multiple levels. Love them as a team!
    SNAP! Please keep The Killing going!

4. Jackie Bonilla says

So excited I feel like im going to cry of joy. I love this show and I was so happy to hear AMC picked it up but then it ended again. Season 3 was amazing. I wish the show wouldnt have to officially end but im glad they are going to give it a proper ending .

5. kendra says

I loved this show…………I hve Netflix so no problem with watching it on Netflix………….thank u Netflix for picking this up even though its the last season………….too bad is only 6 episodes………….I wish it would stay on longer……….its a wonderful show with a superb cast………..cant wait til august !!!

6. Lisa Gonzalez says

Amazing! I am so excited! !!!! Yes, I will be watching! Excellent writing and acting. One of my favorite shows. Great news!

7. christy barnum says

Of course I will be watching I just hope they were not ending it and keeping it on netflix:( I love the show and Linden and Holder together I really hope they will bring the two together for the last season. I can always pray they will change there minds. Here is to wishful thinking.