The Killing: Season Two Ratings

TV ratings for The KillingHere are the most recent TV ratings for The Killing on AMC. The TV show’s ratings are the best way to tell if it will be cancelled or renewed for a third season. The second season of The Killing airs Sunday nights. There are 13 episodes.

This AMC show follows the investigation into the murder of teenager Rosie Larsen in Seattle, Washington. The current cast includes Billy Campbell, Brent Sexton, Eric Ladin, Jamie Anne Allman, Joel Kinnaman, Kristin Lehman, Michelle Forbes, and Mireille Enos.

Final second season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.58 million total viewers.

Episode 02-13: Sunday, 06/17/12 (season or series finale)
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.45 million total viewers (-21% change).
Season average: 0.48 in the demo with 1.58 million.

Episode 02-12: Sunday, 06/10/12
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.84 million total viewers (+10% change).
Season average: 0.47 in the demo with 1.59 million.

Episode 02-11: Sunday, 06/03/12
0.5 in the demo (-67% change) with 1.67 million total viewers (+27% change).
Season average: 0.47 in the demo with 1.57 million.

Episode 02-10: Sunday, 05/27/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.31 million total viewers (+1% change).
Season average: 0.47 in the demo with 1.56 million.

Episode 02-09: Sunday, 05/20/12
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.31 million total viewers (-19% change).
Season average: 0.49 in the demo with 1.58 million.

Episode 02-08: Sunday, 05/13/12
0.5 in the demo (+67% change) with 1.61 million total viewers (+20% change).
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.62 million.

Episode 02-07: Sunday, 05/06/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.34 million total viewers (-1% change).
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.62 million.

Episode 02-06: Sunday, 04/29/12
0.4 in the demo (-33% change) with 1.35 million total viewers (-15% change).
Season average: 0.53 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Episode 02-05: Sunday, 04/22/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.59 million total viewers (-4% change).
Season average: 0.56 in the demo with 1.73 million.

Episode 02-04: Sunday, 04/15/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.65 million total viewers (-9% change).
Season average: 0.55 in the demo with 1.77 million.

Episode 02-03: Sunday, 04/08/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% episode-to-episode change) with 1.81 million total viewers (0% change).
Season average: 0.53 in the demo with 1.80 million.

Episode 02-01 & 02-02: Sunday, 04/01/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.80 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.80 million.

Reference point: Season one of The Killing averaged a 0.6 demo rating and 2.17 million total viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Killing TV series? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Ann Burkhardt June 8, 2012 at 8:12 am

Yes, I definitely think it should be on for a 3rd season….it’s my favorite and it is a smart detective show that could grow a following.

Anne June 6, 2012 at 4:01 pm

We are hooked on The Killing! Keep it going. Great acting, great suspense, great show!

Clay June 4, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I hate television and most Hollywood movies. I LOVE The Killing a

‘Nuf said…

judy June 4, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I LOVE “The Killing.” I think it’s one of the smartest shows on TV.
The acting is fabulous. The plot keeps me on the edge of my seat
each week! Please renew it!

Wendy June 4, 2012 at 5:28 pm

OUTSTANDING SHOW. It is impossible yo describe the rewards to an audience when a Tv show like The Killing (and equally so Homeland) does not tak down to us, allows us to wonder, THINK, infer, interpret, and sit in awe of exquisite acting from every single cast member on the screen. I even miss Michelle Forbes being on more often! Many more people watch this show than the ratings show. THAT’S A FACT!

Yahudi June 1, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I love The Killing. The characters are well drawn and the plot twists are endless. I hope it gets renewed

bill May 30, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Definitely renew for a 3rd season. It is a refreshing crime drama (not that murder should be tagged as that) but in light of all the brain candy reality shows that are useless this series certainly keeps the mind working.

CJ May 30, 2012 at 4:36 am

I do believe that this is perhaps the best crime drama out there, and I love that it does not follow the cookie cutter formula. If it were to be renewed (*fingers crossed*) I think that they can continue with a multipart story line, but I do not believe that they can survive with a two season story arc. I think one season– 13 episodes– is plenty to tell a full story. Obviously, new challenge (e.g. murder) for Linden and Holder in a new story arc.

Mad Men has raised it’s game (good) vs. last season (mediocre). Glad to see that they are finally got past the “Don Draper Misery Hour” and are telling fresh, new stories.

Cathy May 29, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Definitely one of the best shows on television with excellent writing and acting. As a veteran of years of mystery/crime drams, I can say this is my favorite. I do hope there will be a season 3.

Roberto May 25, 2012 at 10:43 am

The best show in TV today, I hope it will remain for a long time,

Carol May 24, 2012 at 11:32 am

I love this show. Best acting on tv! Wonderful characters.

I think one of Stan’s sons did it!

Cheryl May 21, 2012 at 10:48 pm

The Killing is my favorite show on TV right now. Finally, an intelligent drama series for those with an attention span longer than a kindergartener’s. The writing is superb and the acting is sublime. It’s so much better than the usual drivel that passes for entertainment these days. I LOVE that it’s not a typical procedural drama. I mean, really, do we need any more of ‘those’ on TV? Cop procedurals are a dime a dozen. The Killing has true depth, raw emotion and a realness to it that draws me in week after week. I don’t watch any other cop shows on TV anymore because I can’t stand the simpleminded approach of wrapping up a murder case in an hour. The Killing is complex and multi-layered drama at its finest. PLEASE renew The Killing for many, many more seasons! With the brilliant writing and acting, the sky is the limit for this series!

Jimmy May 23, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I agree with Cheryl 100%. The Killing is only the second series I’ve actually looked forward to watching enthusiastically. The first was Lost. Holder is a classic TV character! Linden’s a bit of a basket case, but the character is genuine. And the writing! Cheryl, you hit the nail on the head!

CJames May 20, 2012 at 9:46 am

The Killing is clearly the best charcter study crime drama on TV. Actual murders are not solved in 48 minutes.

Chris Hadley May 15, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I stopped watching Mad Men after season Two. :yawn: PLEASE don’t cancel The Killing, it’s one of the best shows on TV even though I believe it’s wandered off track this season. Get Linden and Holder back on track and life will be good. We don ‘t care about tbe Richmond or reservation story lines. Thank you.

Chris Mcnamara May 14, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I love the show, I think there could be more dimention into some of the characters to have it continue this long, but I love this show & I am addicted. & really angry that Linden lost her job! The show peeks my interest each week I record it so I can watch it again before the next episode. One of the best crime dramas on TV & I hope it will ramain for a long time. I see the show taking Linden & Holder into many specialized cases because of their success and recognition with this one. KEEP the show going

C. Miller June 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I’m SO, SO tired of “reality” tv! PLEASE RENEW ‘THE KILLING’ for a third season!! The writing and acting are top notch! It’ great to sit down and watch entertainment as it should be! THANK YOU CAST, and THANK YOU WRITERS, DIRECTORS, ETC.!!!