The Killing: Does the AMC Series Deserve a Fourth Season?

The Killing season 3: cancel or renew?The Killing will be wrapping up its third season in the next few weeks. Should the crime drama come back for a fourth season or should it be cancelled (again)?

Last year, after The Killing’s ratings fell in season two, AMC cancelled the show. Thanks to a special deal between Fox TV, AMC, and Netflix, the drama was revived and brought back for a third season.

Though many people were glad to hear that The Killing was coming back, the ratings have been virtually the same as they were in season two (which ultimately resulted in the series being cancelled).

The show hasn’t been renewed yet and, based on the revival deal, it seems like things could go either way.

But, what do you think? Is The Killing still worth watching? Should it be renewed for a fourth season or is it time to cancel it and make way for something new?

Julie August 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

Moulder? X-Files? Or just tired on my part? I meant I am SO IN LOVE WITH HOLDER AND LINDEN!

Julie August 1, 2013 at 11:51 am

Please don’t cancel this show! Season 3 I think has been the best so far! I have fallen in love with Linden and Moulder! My friends and I look forward to this show each week! PLEASE BRING THE KILLING BACK!

Shelli August 1, 2013 at 10:54 am

One of the smartest shows on tv and one of my favorites. I swear people would rather watch Duck Dynasty or the Kardashians over quality make you think tv….BRING IT BACK for people who watch tv with more than a half a brain………just sayin!!

Jen July 31, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I think it should be renewed. Love Linden and Holder. This isn’t like every other TV show on and it’s so refreshing.

Pam July 31, 2013 at 6:59 pm

It should be renewed for a season 4. It was quality TV this season! AMC can afford to keep this great show. I am so tired of all of the reality crap. AMC is known for quality and they should keep this show on. It may grow in popularity if people know that it is coming back. When you play with people, they tend to shy away and not hang in there. For those who didn’t come back, shame on them and boy did they miss out!

b July 30, 2013 at 4:33 pm

please renew for a 4th season – i love the characters – esp Holden – and this is great TV drama – we need shows like this instead of the horrible comedys on TV

Patricia July 30, 2013 at 2:59 am

How do they calculate the ratings? Do they take into consideration that most people record on DVR and watch it so they can skip the commercials? I love this show! I also record it to view the next day. So, if they don’t count the DVR users, then the ratings would be much lower. I think most people record it and they should be counted in the ratings if they are not presently. One of the posters, Joan, stated that the program goes by extremely fast, which does mean it is an interesting program! I hope it will come back for another season. Love both of the lead characters, they compliment each other.

Sherena July 29, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I would like to see another season. The writers were able to give us viewers a new story with Lindon and Holder. Love it!

Crg July 29, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I hope it’s renewed. I think that season 3 is the best so far. I had started to grow weary of the red herrings in the first two seasons, but the character development alone has me wanting more.

Dee Sneed July 28, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Renew The Killing. This show is GREAT!

Ginny July 28, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I hope it will be renewed; even if the detective stories are “no great shakes” the characters are completely absorbing.

Joan July 26, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I have enjoyed every season of The Killing – the shows go by too fast, which is the best sign you’re watching a good show. I am really hoping it is renewed for season 4.

Jenna July 24, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Renew! Renew! Renew! Addicted to this show. Need more Holder and Linden!!

tjtoro July 24, 2013 at 3:38 pm

It has to be renewed for a season 4! The writers really have made a fantastic season 3. We are watching their partnership and friendship come to life, and it is a joy to see. I would be pretty sad to see one of the best shows on television go away.

Sheryl July 24, 2013 at 2:42 am

I will be very disappointed if it is not renewed for a fourth season, regardless of the “ratings” those of us who have been true followers from the get go deserve to see it continued, I am addicted, can hardly wait for a week to go by till the following episode, don’t know why the ratings aren’t any better, the acting and writing are superb, love all the twists, and characters, keeps you guessing clear up to the end……..most shows don’t deliver this but too many people are into the goofy reality shows to enjoy one you can sink your teeth into………keep this for those of us who like something with some meat to it………