The Killing: Does the AMC Series Deserve a Fourth Season?

The Killing season 3: cancel or renew?The Killing will be wrapping up its third season in the next few weeks. Should the crime drama come back for a fourth season or should it be cancelled (again)?

Last year, after The Killing’s ratings fell in season two, AMC cancelled the show. Thanks to a special deal between Fox TV, AMC, and Netflix, the drama was revived and brought back for a third season.

Though many people were glad to hear that The Killing was coming back, the ratings have been virtually the same as they were in season two (which ultimately resulted in the series being cancelled).

The show hasn’t been renewed yet and, based on the revival deal, it seems like things could go either way.

But, what do you think? Is The Killing still worth watching? Should it be renewed for a fourth season or is it time to cancel it and make way for something new?

100 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jamie says

Love this show. One of the few that keeps me from multi-tasking while watching television because I don’t want to miss when they throw a red-herring at us. Great acting by both leads – definitely would watch a season 4.

2. VB says

This is a great show! Don’t cancel because a few dopes have no attention span! Excellent script, acting, everything. Please renew.

3. MM says

This is one of the most well-written shows on television and should definitely be renewed. Unfortunately, well-written doesn’t always translate to strong ratings and my impression is that AMC is currently carrying a number of very well made, critically-acclaimed shows that aren’t necessarily bringing in good ratings…

4. MAW says

Love the show! Have watched from the very beginning. It definitely keeps my interest from week to week, lots of plot lines. I would never have guessed the killer for Season 3!! Love Holder and many of the other characters (even some that were killed off). Please bring it back for season 4!!!!

5. Cindy says

Please renew! I didn’t start watching the series until this summer. I sat and watched the Season 1 and 2 and caught up to season 3 and finish with 4. I really didn’t know much about the show. When I started I was addicted. Maybe marketing needs to find a way to get viewers to watch. Really liked the series and truly hope for more seasons.

6. Slyk Dylyrd says

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Bring it back again. Do not give in to the brainless apathy that breeds so much crap on television. Believe me, there are many of us who don’t fit that demographic profile. We deserve some cerebral and well crafted entertainment, too. I promise to buy the sponsor’s wares exclusively. My enthusiasm for Sunday nights will suffer until it returns.

7. Tay says

This show is fantastic! It must come back for a 4th season! It is one of my all-time favorites. I never miss it! The cast is phenomenal and the story lines always keep my attention. MUST KEEP THIS SHOW around!

8. cookie says

I just finished watching the entire series, thanks to Netflix, and hope to see a 4th season. I was thinking through all the episodes that the quality is that of a feature film, not some TV series, and I can’t think of another to say that about. Please renew!