The Killing: Does the AMC Series Deserve a Fourth Season?

The Killing season 3: cancel or renew?The Killing will be wrapping up its third season in the next few weeks. Should the crime drama come back for a fourth season or should it be cancelled (again)?

Last year, after The Killing’s ratings fell in season two, AMC cancelled the show. Thanks to a special deal between Fox TV, AMC, and Netflix, the drama was revived and brought back for a third season.

Though many people were glad to hear that The Killing was coming back, the ratings have been virtually the same as they were in season two (which ultimately resulted in the series being cancelled).

The show hasn’t been renewed yet and, based on the revival deal, it seems like things could go either way.

But, what do you think? Is The Killing still worth watching? Should it be renewed for a fourth season or is it time to cancel it and make way for something new?

100 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. trisha says

Please renew tis series,I have watched it from season 1 . The writing is superb and the characters of Linden and Holden are beyond credible. Holden really gets you into his character and he is a terrific actor. Linden has such a style that she keeps you wanting more.

2. BETH K. says

The Killing is one of the best written TV shows currently on. It would be a shame if it was cancelled……

3. Arlene says

I just started watching this through Netflix …. and I love it …. I hope this is renewed!! I love this show ….. I wished I would have seen it when it started but glad I found it on Netflix … please keep this on …..

4. Jenny says

yes, please please renew season four of the Killing,,,so many people at my work have been watching it..it’s so deep, provocative, and worth it….I think popularity is growing..
    please renew it.

5. shirley says

I think the Killing was great this 3rd showing and really want it to be renewed. You really get into peoples emotions and that makes them more like us. Please, Please renew

6. Mary says

The killing is the best, the conflict of the characters,the shifting of the suspects, the dark and somber backdrop make for a perfect mystery. Please, please continue the series.