The Knick: Early Second Season Renewal for Cinemax Series

The Knick TV show on CinemaxA month before The Knick is set to premiere on Cinemax, the cable channel has renewed the series for a second season. There will be 10 episodes once again and they are expected to start airing in 2015.

The Knick is set in New York City in 1900 and revolves around the staff of the Knickerbocker Hospital. They push the boundaries of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics.

Brilliant surgeon John Thackery (Clive Owen) is pioneering new methods in the field, despite nursing his secret and severe addiction to cocaine. The rest of the cast includes Andre Holland, Jeremy Bobb, Juliet Rylance, Eve Hewson, Michael Angarano, Chris Sullivan, Cara Seymour, Eric Johnson, David Fierro, and Matt Frewer.

The first season of The Knick debuts August 8th on Cinemax.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to checking out this new series? Are you more likely to start watching, knowing that it’s already been renewed?

Diana mcnally May 11, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Love the knick so happy it’s coming back

Scott April 27, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Clive Owen and the supporting cast are brilliant in this series. Owens’ character, Dr. John Thackery brings an edgy energy to the program, that radiates to really dial up the performances of his co-stars. The story lines are fascinating, and the superb realism brings a new depth to the series rarely seen on any television program, whether it be a pay station or over the air.
The spectacular effects, the photography, and the period realism really immerse the viewers into the world of early twentieth century New York, capturing the grittiness of the city, the history of medicine making advances with radical new devices that rely on the use of electricity, along with the drug abuse of illegal and unregulated pharmaceuticals, the blatant class differential and an unflinching look at the racism which ran unchecked throughout the country.
Fascinating, engrossing, addictive and highly anticipated.
Hurry up and bring on season two!

cheri April 23, 2015 at 9:32 pm

I am so looking forward to seeing the 2015 season of “THE KNICK” I found 2014 very entertaining and Informative. The cast is GREAT! THANKS FOR SUCH A GREAT SHOW, HOPE IT RUNS FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

Sue March 25, 2015 at 11:23 pm

So excited there is going to be a second season. Loved season 1.

Mary February 23, 2015 at 11:58 pm

I’m waiting for season 2 of the Knick. I love this show. It’s already the end of February. When will it start again?

mary moody December 31, 2014 at 9:14 pm

my husband and i loved the first season of the Knick and are looking forward to season 2. it is very educational to see how doctors treatment and especially how everything has changed. love this show we are so lucky to have such good entertainment.

Sharon October 24, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Love this show I need more of The Knick please make it soon for season 2. I can’t wait very long I am hooked!!!

Cheryl Gibbs October 11, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I think that this is the best series that has been created in a long time and it is the kind of show that is captivating and keeps you wanting more I can’t wait for the next season to start. I have it set in as my favorites in on cable and in my reminders so I will be sure to catch the fist episode when it returns in 2015. I only hope that there will be more seasons to follow after season 2