The LA Complex: Cancelled But Season Three Still Possible

la complex tv show canceledBell Media has reportedly cancelled The LA Complex after two seasons on the air. The low-rated drama may see a third season on The CW however.

The LA Complex revolves around a diverse group of performers who are trying to make it in Hollywood while living in the same apartment complex. The ensemble cast includes Andra Fuller, Benjamin Charles Watson, Cassie Steele, Chelan Simmons, Ennis Esmer, Jewel Staite, Joe Dinicol, and Jonathan Patrick Moore.

Six episodes were ordered for the first season and then, before they had aired here in the States, Bell ordered a second season of 13 episodes. According to THR, the ratings for season two were down in Canada so the broadcaster has opted not to order any more.

“Unfortunately the performance of the show was not strong enough for Much to be able to order another season,” said Vice-President, Communications for Bell Media Scott Henderson.

The CW is apparently still considering a third season of LA Complex and is having discussions with Epitome Pictures about continuing the show. Based on LA Complex’s poor ratings on The CW, a new deal doesn’t sound very realistic but you never know. We’ll keep you posted.

During the summer, CW President Mark Pedowitz said, “We’re actually big fans of the show… The show actually does really well for us digitally and in the social media space… There’s a sense of reality of what it’s like to try to make it in the Hollywood area in the entertainment industry; [Creator] Marty Gero is just fantastic. I hope to be in business with him for a long time.”

What do you think? Should The CW order season three of The LA Complex?

Canceled and renewed TV show

50 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. yelloboi says

This is a great show. If more networks will broadcast the show, it will get more ratings. The show needs to continue. It’s very hard to find a great show on television these days.

2. LaMont says

Please i beg you to bring this show back. I just learned of it three weeks ago and I watch the episodes back to back daily. I do have a life but this show has given me more zest for life.
    It’s an awesome set, and I believe the ratings are low because people like me are just finding out that this show exist.

3. April says

I absolutely love this show. The LA Complex was funny and dramatic and I watched both seasons while it was on the CW. I hated that the show was cancelled and was really looking forward to a third season. I was curious to see what would happen with Kal since he had finally revealed to the world that he is gay. It is unfortunate that with the show being cancelled I will not find out. I hate when a show I love gets cancelled and perhaps the show did have low ratings, but it was still a great show that had potential to gain more viewers if given the time.

4. josh wallace says

I don’t normally write these but this show intrigued me enough to wonder why there isn’t another episode and stay in so that I could start season 2 from my Netflix. I understand ratings and all but I also need closure.

5. alicha says

please please bring it back at least a 3 season to finish the cast story let us know what happens to them u cant just leave us hangimg like that it was sooooo intense n u just cancelled u just have to brinf it back its an amazing show n needs to have a ending that was just the beginning…

6. If you don't bring it back we' ll make sure not to watch anything you guys are involved with and oh yeah all my friends too says

If you don’t bring it back I’ ll make sure not to watch anything you guys are involved with and oh yeah all my friends too.

7. Nate says

You have a great following here in the ATL My friends and I loved seasons 1 and 2 was waiting all summer for season 3. we are very disappointed. Please reconsider and bring it back.

8. Kev says

I hope the networks get this one right. Bring the show back on. What such a great concept. Perfect time to bring it back. Get SMART.

Trackbacks