The LA Complex: CW Cancels the TV Series Too

The LA Complex cancelledEarlier this month, we learned that Bell Media had cancelled The LA Complex after two seasons on the air. The low-rated drama aired on The CW here in the states but was produced in Canada.

Word was that The CW was involved in talks about possibly keeping the show going for a third season but we now know that won’t happen. The CW has cancelled LA Complex as well, according to THR.

The LA Complex revolves around a diverse group of performers who are trying to make it in Hollywood while living in the same apartment complex. The ensemble cast includes Andra Fuller, Benjamin Charles Watson, Cassie Steele, Chelan Simmons, Ennis Esmer, Jewel Staite, Joe Dinicol, and Jonathan Patrick Moore.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that LA Complex won’t be back on The CW next summer?

Mandy January 30, 2014 at 1:52 am
alicha December 29, 2013 at 5:27 am

bring back la complex it is an amazing show!!!!!!! y was it cancelled for what stupid freaking reason??? u need to have a season 3 u cant end season 2 like that n not have a season 3 that is just ridiculous!!!!!! n very unfair so the viewers.

Emmanuel Borgos September 30, 2013 at 12:06 am

Please I want to see more ……… Season 3

Kelly September 3, 2013 at 5:47 am

BRING BACK THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan Alan June 10, 2013 at 7:37 am

Sorry to see this go. I finally got around to watching my half and half collection of Usenet downloads of all the Episodes I missed on my Comcast DVR and desktop media computer hooked up to my HDTV and Surround Sound audio. This show should have been promoted better. The previews never let on what the subject matter was about, just vague photos of LA Sunsets and low-lit beaches, with no images of the characters or dialogue in the promos to reveal plot points like they do with the other TV programs. For instance, in just 15 seconds you knew Hart of Dixie was about a New York big city doctor who moves to a small town in Alabama, and tries to fit in despite the social differences with the locals. Unless you watched the first 2 episodes of The L.A. Complex, a viewer perusing the TV listings would not know why they should tune in and watch, and the C.W. really didn’t care to put any development into getting the potential viewers interested. It’s like they already decide ahead of time which shows they want to succeed, and which shows are just filler that they are going to keep round-robin filling in with new revolving programming every year to take up the empty space they expect to have due to competition and viewer interest in other netowork’s programming. It’s really disappointing. I am debating whether I want to use my limited time watching the rest of the episodes of this entertaining show, knowing I am going to be left wanting more.

Jonathan April 16, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Best show I’ve seen in awhile. What a painfully underappreciated gem.

neda May 26, 2013 at 3:29 pm

i totally agree it touched on so many subjects that most show’s wouldnt touch i want it back!

shetland March 31, 2013 at 8:43 pm

“The series was sold to nearly 170 territories so the show could potentially continue without the US and Canada outlets but that seems highly unlikely.”

That is like saying there could potentially be a 6th season of Fringe despite being cancelled by FOX or an 11th season of Smallville despite it being ended by The CW or a 2nd season of The Mob Doctor even though the complete series is being released on DVD by Sony. Commissioning broadcasters typically pay the most, by far, for a show, so when Bell Media says ‘no more’ just where is this magical money coming from among the approximately 170 other markets the show was sold to. Most of those other markets are paying ‘pennies on the dollar’ for the show. Such is the nature of the business. The CW could have taken over the payroll but the show would likely have lost some or all of its tax credits and other goodies and the ratings would have needed to be 3 or 5 times what they were for the show to be financially viable for The CW.

Furthermore, the idea that a show isn’t really cancelled until its American broadcaster says so despite its status with its domestic broadcaster is really arrogant but such headlines are the standard practice. The LA Complex was ‘this close’ to falling under 10 000 viewers on MuchMusic, retaining well less than 10% of its lead-in so of course it was cancelled by Bell Media. Do i wish it had done better? I do.

Tab Bagwell March 24, 2013 at 3:13 am

This is extremely disappointing … Personaly I just do not see myself watching any new Shows on C.W. .. Every time I start to enjoy a Show , it winds up being cancelled … It’s just not worth the constant let down !!!!!!!

Anonymous May 23, 2013 at 2:03 am

I have been waiting since last year!! for this show to come back, I am so disappointed!!

Vin Man March 23, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Was a great show. Will mis it!!!

Thr Da Roof March 20, 2013 at 1:38 am

I ran across this show on accident, once I started watching I could not stop. I thought it was good show with realistic and interesting topic. I am very sorry to see it go.

BrwnSuga March 14, 2013 at 11:42 pm

I was livid when i learned it got cut. I know it was kinda cheesy, but right when they show where Tariq been and Kaldrick was my favorite character because it exposed a light on the rappers in the game who are on the DL… yeah they all tough on the outside and love all them females but behind closed doors they are doing things with people they would die if it was exposed…. Honestly that storyline kept me watching.

LA fan August 13, 2013 at 3:59 pm

@BrwnSuga, you were absolutely right. As much as I love all the characters in the show, from Abby, Connor to Raquel.. I find Kaldrick’s character the most intrigued of all. He and Tariq was the reason I started digging for this show and I grew to love the others too.

scb January 24, 2013 at 1:34 pm

LA Complex was a great ensemble show. I’m sad that I will not see the unfolding of the story lines. It was a great show. I hope someone brings it back.

boss January 9, 2013 at 1:41 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!
Please bring it back.

crystal December 29, 2012 at 4:47 am

why do the good shows get cancelled?

Mandy December 21, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Crying right now. I’m really going to miss this show.