The Last Ship: Season One Ratings

The Last Ship TV show ratingsTNT is hoping that viewers will “get on board” with their new post-apocalyptic TV show, The Last Ship. Will this series attract positive ratings so that it can be renewed for a second season or will they sink so that it’s cancelled? Stay tuned.

On The Last Ship, the crew of the USS Nathan James must try to find a cure for a deadly virus that has wiped out most of the world’s population. The cast includes Eric Dane, Adam Baldwin, Rhona Mitra, Charles Parnell, Christina Elmore, Michaela McManus, Sam Spruell, Travis Van Winkle, and Tracy Middendorf.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

7/18 update: The Last Ship has been renewed for a second season by TNT.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.43 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like The Last Ship TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Arvind July 15, 2014 at 9:36 am

Its an awesome series, great story and its keeps you in suspense wanting more…….
I’d love to watch more seasons… keep it coming ;-)

laura July 14, 2014 at 1:31 am

C’mon, people, it’s a tv show for entertainment! I understand the need to be “accurate” in the regard to military protocol and such, and it’s not precise in that respect, but it does a decent job nonetheless, and it’s a good, well-written and well-acted show. The plot is interesting and engaging, and the actors are doing a great job. Give it a chance; it’s a hell of a lot better than 90% of the cable dramas out there!

jason July 14, 2014 at 6:37 am

I understand your opinion and respect that. But their military protocol is by far the worst of any show I have ever seen. Even the comedy with Damon wayons , major Payne, was by far a lot more accurate. TV shows usually have a consultant to review these small details with. The fact that they didn’t or didn’t care to is what’s so disrespectful. The salute is a very honorable thing. The history behind it is quite the story. They are just lazy.

Ryan July 16, 2014 at 11:12 am

Well Jason this series is filmed with the assistance of the US Navy… so you’d think it’d be accurate

Jeannie July 8, 2014 at 10:26 am

Love the show, I really think if we give it a chance it could get even better.
hope it’s around next season!!

D Wett July 7, 2014 at 9:12 pm

First episode ok. Has gotten better. Hope it continues to do so. Will give it a chance.

Anonymous July 5, 2014 at 11:13 pm

I’ve been anticipating this show since the network commenced previews and I was not disappointed. The production of this show is first rate and casting of these actors has been a grand slam. The military action scenes are realistic and edge of seat worthy. In short it would be a huge mistake not to allow this show to continue breathing some life into the prime time summer schedule. BTW, the same goes for, “24: Live Another Day.”

Mike June 30, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I enjoy this series. Yes some technical errors but I didn’t notice then until i watched the episodes for a third time when I went looking for them. That being said I would support and highly encourage a second season, though I am curious as to why people don’t want to see it run for another season.

Carycomic June 30, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Cancel it…immediately and permanently.

Niwo943 June 29, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Great show. Needs some clean up. Tonight’s Russian ship enters Gitmo by faining it is British. There was no electronic signature coming from the Russian. There was no Bridge comm. ie Signalman comm, nor CIC comm with the other ship. . No authentication codes for id-ing the ship. When you have an unknown vessel inter-ring your zone, we used to have to do a proper id-ing of themselves. Get with it. Other than that…. BZ.

Sharon June 28, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I loved this show. It seems like a variance of the book “On the Beach”, reference a nuclear war occurred and only the crew of a US submarine and the country of Australia which hadn’t been affected yet by radiation sickness were still alive. Also, if anybody ever read the book “Alas Babylon”, where mankind fights for survival after nuclear destruction. Eric Dane looked like he had gained some weight for this show. People have to remember that in the event of a major global disaster, a lot of protocol goes out the window. At this point, if anybody gets saluted, they’re lucky. Keep this one. Tired of all the stupidity in some of the shows nowadays. Reality shows are a joke. Think of what you would do in the event of such a disaster.

ATweedy June 27, 2014 at 9:46 am

I liked the pilot and will continue to watch it! Like every military show there are some things that are incorrect militarily speaking, but otherwise, it is spot on and really makes ones think about possibilities! This is a keeper!

Rex June 26, 2014 at 7:49 pm

It was okay, a little predictable. Not realistic though. Some of the CAPT’s decisions were not in keeping with a real Naval Officer. Some of the relationships shown would never happen. ALSO A NAVY MEMBER NEVER SALUTES WITHOUT A COVER. That means without a hat on. Their salutes also need practice, not correct form. If they need a consultant, send me an e-mail.

jason July 6, 2014 at 4:23 am

I saw that too. As a marine of 12 years, I was shocked to see such a thing. Not too mention how many ribbons each person has. Its a small detail but to me its disrespectful to not do a little homework. You can’t tell me there was no one on the cast or crew that never served. Even a stage hand or camraman. At least watch some old jag episodes for references.

The Fish June 26, 2014 at 7:27 am

This one is a NO-GO!!!

ruth June 25, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Good show I hope people give it a chance ..

Merdith Glessner June 25, 2014 at 10:48 am

I am going to give it a few times, I really like the acting, it is outstanding…and I love Eric Dane….I liked him on grays and he really looks great in the Naval uniform……

Rose June 25, 2014 at 10:34 am

It was ok. Will give it a few more tries b4 I make up my mind… I don’t like Eric Dane as the Captain though… Not a good casting choice.