The Last Ship: Season One Ratings

The Last Ship TV show ratingsTNT is hoping that viewers will “get on board” with their new post-apocalyptic TV show, The Last Ship. Will this series attract positive ratings so that it can be renewed for a second season or will they sink so that it’s cancelled? Stay tuned.

On The Last Ship, the crew of the USS Nathan James must try to find a cure for a deadly virus that has wiped out most of the world’s population. The cast includes Eric Dane, Adam Baldwin, Rhona Mitra, Charles Parnell, Christina Elmore, Michaela McManus, Sam Spruell, Travis Van Winkle, and Tracy Middendorf.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

7/18 update: The Last Ship has been renewed for a second season by TNT.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.43 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like The Last Ship TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

MikeJones August 25, 2014 at 8:35 pm

After watching this show for the first 9 episodes and then seeing what the title of the tenth episode and then seeing that the show was renewed, I think episode 10 ‘s ending is f…ing s..t.
The concept about letting a small police force take the ship is ludicrous.
I agree was an earlier poster about not allowing the people on the ship with guns.
I also agree with an earlier comment about a cliffhanger ending and then asking the viewer to remain interested for 9 months.
I very much liked the show.
I very much will be over it by next year and will not watch it.

TNT another nail in the coffin.

Mike August 26, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I’m sure at the moment, the people whose serve in the US Navy are laughing so hard with the concept that someone that wasn’t belong to the crew of the ship was allowed to brought the weapon on board. What is the security procedure when a war ship docking.

I think they didn’t expected the show to got renewed for second season so they didn’t have enough to time to came up with a better set up for the season finale with will also include the premise for the next season.

To be fair, this show was produced by Michael Bay who has known for action but not much of story line. Do you really expect this show have Emmy winning writers ? Hehehe …

Bella August 25, 2014 at 7:47 pm

This was a great summer show. One of the best! Very engaging, and well worth it. I really looked forward for each Sunday night to tune in, and is too bad that we have to wait until 2015 for season two. Keep it going, please. I can hardly wait to see Captain Thomas Chandler again! :)

Richard Mika August 25, 2014 at 6:07 pm

When will the broadcast station get In their heads that if they have a good show, they should not put it on hold for months or a year to bring it back. They keep throwing out crappy show after crappy show or program at only low information, low intelligence mind numb robots follow, such as all of the ” reality” shows , American Idol and such bunk. If you wan to keep a following, bring your shows back in a timely period. Waiting until the summer of 2015 has just insured that I will NOT be waiting for it to come back or watch if it does.

Patty August 25, 2014 at 5:40 pm

They need to do another season and sse what they can do with the story. We found the first season very entertaining!

ella cannon August 25, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Love the show, please bring it back next year

terri August 25, 2014 at 10:27 am

spoiler alert…..the cliff hanger SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE!!! come on after being tricked by the Russians with a fake distress call by the British women….the creepy drug lord, why would they allow anyone to board the ship without first taking there firearms…i could guess that black hitler was bad when she displayed those perfect children…pretty sure its not following the book

Karen August 25, 2014 at 1:07 pm

My husband said the exact same thing about Soylent Green!! LOL

Wait….there’s a book????

terri August 25, 2014 at 4:40 pm

yes but 1988 novel by William Brinkley is about the fictional USS Nathan James (DDG-80), on patrol in the Barents Sea during a brief, full-scale nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union. It details the ship’s ensuing search for a new home for her crew, with exposure to radiation it becomes a challenge to repopulate the world book is great read

Deborah G August 25, 2014 at 1:36 am

Finally a program worth watching!! No garbage or reality show, just good entertainment. This one is a keeper.

Kathy August 25, 2014 at 12:01 am

My husband and I love this show! Great actors, story keeps you on the edge of your seat. Really left us tonight wanting to see next season. TNT has some excellent programming and we look forward to seeing The Last Ship next season! Thanks TNT!!!!

Mj August 24, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Love this show! TV is entertainment and it has been intriguing since the first show. The only downside is having to wait a year to see it again. Couldn’t u move up th time say to jan?

Karen August 24, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I liked the show very much but they expect us to wait an entire YEAR for the next season??? That’s too long. A year from now I will have lost interest in the whole story. All this sort of thing does is convince me to not get interested in anymore continuous series.

terri August 25, 2014 at 4:44 pm

i agree, i much prefer the day when new show came out you watched from sept to june reruns over the summer and new season was back in the fall. I hate 3 month programming wait 10 months for the show to return. tv producers you suck

Viewer 123 August 26, 2014 at 4:09 pm

How brave of both of you to admit you have the attention span of gnats.

Candice Poindexter August 20, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Love this show! I have to watch it on my Kindle through the TNT app because my husband doesn’t watch anything much besides western reruns. This show is unique with good story lines and good acting. Look forward to a new season. Thank you for something interesting to watch!

Shirley Barrett August 19, 2014 at 8:57 am

I LOVE THE SHOW
Thank-you TNT for renewing it, and giving us something other than Reality TV, that has NEVER been my reality.

Mike August 19, 2014 at 6:10 am

Where is Asian in the “trails” for the cure. Once again, The white ppl will save the world and
ofcourse they have to include some black ppl in there so it’s not very racist … hahaha

AleanI McIntosh August 18, 2014 at 3:18 pm

A delight. Some of us have iq’s above moron. If tnt does not want this show, send it to joss whelan

George August 18, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I have found this show very interesting, had to look up what on earth a warship was lol. Honestly military people I know you take saluteing very seriously but to regular citizens most of us probably have no clue or care how on gods green earth they do it, it’s television entertainment that’s all it’s ever ment to be so if they screw it up no one is going to notice but you. I actually tried to google how they transfer command of a real ship and could only come up with Star Trek references. Odd. I did research that it it takes three different ships to shoot this show and the “Nathan James” is the USS Dewey and we sure haven’t seen the most advanced weapon system on earth deployed yet. We could have blown that little dingy up with laser system didn’t do that? Let’s see how it’s done U.S. Navy we know you can do it. I’m ready for a little Star Trekeness.

KansasGuest August 23, 2014 at 6:22 pm

If you understand the premise of the show, the Nathan James is the “last” officially deployed U.S. warship that received an “official” mission from the Commander-in-Chief – to find a cure for the virus any way they could. The Nathan James doesn’t control satellites or laser systems. It makes us of them. But, no warship by itself can, or should be able to, take control of an entire nations defense systems FOR GOOD REASON. Look what happened with Ruskov & imagine the damage he could do if he controlled Russia’s defense systems. I like that the show’s premise is not sci-fi. But, is grounded more closer to home w/the technology available today. In fact, it hits closer to home that the more technically amazing solutions to their dilemma are coming from the field of science vs. weaponry, and that the heightened emotions take place equally in a medical bay on the field of battle. They have a limited amount of personnel. It wouldn’t make sense for the commander to risk all of his people, who are needed to run the ship, in a firefight.