The Last Ship: Season Two for TNT TV Series

The Last Ship TV show on TNT: season 2Next summer, you’ll be able to watch season two of The Last Ship TV show on TNT. The cable channel has picked up the new action series for a second season of 13 episodes.

In a statement, TNT president Michael Wright said, “The Last Ship has become this summer’s top drama among key adult demos with its epic scale and visceral storytelling.”

On The Last Ship, the crew of the USS Nathan James must try to find a cure for a deadly virus that has wiped out most of the world’s population. The cast includes Eric Dane, Adam Baldwin, Rhona Mitra, Charles Parnell, Christina Elmore, Michaela McManus, Sam Spruell, Travis Van Winkle, and Tracy Middendorf.

The first four episodes of Last Ship have averaged 4.66 million viewers each week along with a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic. It’s TNT’s third most-watched series this summer, behind Rizzoli & Isles and Major Crimes.

Today, the cable channel also renewed Major Crimes and Falling Skies for next summer. The latter will return for its final season.

zWhat do you think? Do you like The Last Ship? Are you glad it’s been renewed or, do you think it should have been cancelled instead?

Mary August 24, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Great show…we are addicted!

Vel August 24, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Family stops everything Sunday nights to watch this as a family. LOVE IT.

James Holder August 24, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Three generations of Holder’s love this show. Mom, myself, and my nephew. Too bad we have to wait until next summer to get the new season. But, glad it is coming back. Will be counting down the days.

Patrick O'Connor August 24, 2014 at 5:09 pm

The tv series was well made with vessel, ship’s crew and vessel offensive weapons. the actors and actresses were in person of their casting.

Hilda Tolson August 24, 2014 at 9:44 am

Please do a mid season and not make us wait a year. A year is to long for a wonderful show as this one is. Do not want people to lose interest and cause it to be cancelled.
One of the best in a long time!

Linda Archer August 24, 2014 at 10:16 pm

We loved the series; please give us the next season before next summer!

Anonymous August 24, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I totally agree with you, next summer really?! I love this show but might forget about it having to wait a year!

sharon August 23, 2014 at 10:47 pm

One out of the two best shows I have watched in years. Love it!!!! Can’t they do season two in “mid breaks” instead of having to wait a year?

Deborah Mccoy August 22, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Best series I’ve watched. love the cast and plot twists. I’m hopelessly addicted. I’ll be very disappointed if it doesn’t continue. I’ve recorded every episode and rewatch them frequently. ROCK ON TNT!

Nancy M. August 22, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I thrilled to find out there will be a season two! This has been my favorite show this summer. Wish I didn’t have to wait until next summer for additional episodes.

Jason C August 20, 2014 at 7:40 pm

The wife and I never miss it. Love this show!!

Sharon August 19, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I love The Last Ship. Each episode is spellbinding. Getting to know the characters makes them feel like friends and family.

Deana August 19, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Love this show!!!!!

Nicole August 18, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I absolutely lovet his show. Great acting and I love the scientific aspect of this series. I am very glad there is as eason 2 coming, can’t wait till next summer.

Nicko August 18, 2014 at 9:10 am

Love the show .I thought the 3 spinnakers pulling a 9200 ton 32 feet draft ship thru the water was a little far fetched but not too much other fantasy was noted by me .
Still unsure if having the captain of the Ship O-5 rank of Commander with an XO with the same rank .

I never noted that in my Navy in the 1970’s .
I presume if this is not just a stupid error that the CO is a very senior CDR and the XO is a very junior CO . Still a great show and I see USN sees this as a great recruiting tool” and seems to be providing BZ support for the show

William Barnes August 18, 2014 at 1:34 am

What a great show, perfect timing for the Ebola break out, this show makes people aware of what the possibilities are

Fay August 16, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Thank you for renewing this show. I read the book a number of years ago and was extremely impressed with it. Again thank you for renewing and my grandson and I will be watching each episode.