The Mentalist: Season Six Ratings

The Mentalist TV show ratings: cancel or renew?Last season, despite a move to Sunday nights and a big drop in the ratings, CBS renewed The Mentalist for a sixth season. Will the ratings continue to fall? Will CBS bring the show back for a seventh year? Stay tuned!

On The Mentalist, Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) continues to help the CBI solve cases while he seeks to bring his family’s killer to justice. Also starring in the show are Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti, Emily Swallow, and Rockmond Dunbar.

The higher a show’s ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better its chances for survival. New ratings data will be added as it becomes available — typically around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

4/14 update: You can see the latest night’s ratings in context here.

Last year comparison: The fifth season of The Mentalist averaged a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.5 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like The Mentalist TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a seventh season?

Chels January 14, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Just love it without the FBI involvement. Should have the original main cast instead. I bet many would love to see the main cast back together. The chemistry is way better.

Joyce January 14, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I do agree the reveal of Red John made me quite disappointed. But overall, I think Season 6 is full of excitement. I do feel bored sometimes while watching the previous seasons, but I enjoy watching every episodes in Season 6. They are doing a great job. As it is a new beginning of The Mentalist, I think they should renew the show.

rose January 13, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Red John was a complete disappointment. No way did he fit into what the show had protrayed him for all those years. This new season is very boring …just saying

Rosie January 11, 2014 at 8:42 am

AND NOT TO MENTION JISBON FANS NEED JISBON TO HAPPEN. 6 YEARS OF WAITING AND WE HAVEN’T EVEN HAD A KISS YET. WTF. IF THEY DON’T GIVE US JISBON 95% OF THE MENTALIST’S VIEWERS WILL FALL APART AND NEVER STOP ABUSING. THE MENTALIST SEASON 7 IS ESSENTIAL!

Anonymous January 15, 2014 at 7:14 am

Totally disagree.. its nice to have a friendship that feels real but I wouldn’t like to see him in a relationship with any one else either

Marty January 7, 2014 at 8:01 am

The only reason the ratings dropped where because they put in on Sundays. Now that Red John is over bring back the laughs and return the show to a week day and see what happens!

car December 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm

should work perfectlyl whithout Red J and the FBI crew. I wish they keep the main cast and that interesting crime cases. Now is kind of boring… sorry, because i loved the show and the characers

Yulia December 5, 2013 at 7:46 am

I love the show and I believe millions of people want it to be renewed for the 7th season. Now that it’s all over with Red John story (and I do think the story line could’ve had more dramatic ending) but I want the show to go on with happier Jane. No romance please:)

Lilacslily2014 December 2, 2013 at 7:37 pm

why not just get back to the stuff that made this show work, Jane causing trouble, being silly, the whole Mentalist stuff and let the whole Red John story GO…, it could be good like it was in the beginning, don’t complicate it, keep it simple, because it works. The reason ratings dropped was because fans grew tired, very tired of Red John, seeing Jane depressed was actually depressing, bring back the smiles and catching criminals that have NOTHING to do with Red John…

maria December 26, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I totally agree. I love the way it was, with the main cast, the old crew was perfect. Now is not so nteresting… Jane working for the fbi…2 of the main cast writen out. An there is not interesting crime cases. Love CBI

car December 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm

totally agree. I love the way it was, with the main cast. FBI crew and crimes cases are not so good

Lenore November 28, 2013 at 1:56 am

Sick to death of Red John. I hoped it was over 2 weeks ago, but no they ramped it up AGAIN. Won’t find too many willing to give it any more chances.

John November 27, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I think Mentalist has had its day. He was good in the beginning, novel, and fun to watch but this whole Red John obsession has rightly been ended, its gotten too old. As to the show, how many ways can you solve a crime before it becomes repetitive when it is nothing more than a police procedural focusing on Patrick Jane’s Antics. Close the show out on a high note and lets be done with it.

Anthony Bassien-Capsa December 3, 2013 at 12:36 am

You’re right man! They should put an end to the show!

G Turnbull November 26, 2013 at 3:20 pm

@Duane

I’m subscribed to comments. I didn’t come here looking for anything.

Duane November 26, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Hey TG, you shouldn’t come here if you haven’t seen the latest epy. Final was a little let down but hope it’s renewed and gets back on track.

G Turnbull November 26, 2013 at 9:15 am

Thanks for the spoiler for all the Tivo watchers, Tom T.

Tom T November 26, 2013 at 12:33 am

Now that the Red John story line is over with, I hope the show can continue and get back to some more interesting stories. I’ve been looking forward to that. It’s a shame to think it might all be over now.

Anthony Bassien-Capsa November 25, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I think that this drama will come to an end this season, since Patrick Jane will finish with Red John!