The Mentalist: Season Six Ratings

The Mentalist TV show ratings: cancel or renew?Last season, despite a move to Sunday nights and a big drop in the ratings, CBS renewed The Mentalist for a sixth season. Will the ratings continue to fall? Will CBS bring the show back for a seventh year? Stay tuned!

On The Mentalist, Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) continues to help the CBI solve cases while he seeks to bring his family’s killer to justice. Also starring in the show are Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti, Emily Swallow, and Rockmond Dunbar.

The higher a show’s ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better its chances for survival. New ratings data will be added as it becomes available — typically around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/10 update: The Mentalist has been renewed for a seventh (and likely final) season on CBS.

5/19 update: You can see the latest night’s ratings in context here.

Last year comparison: The fifth season of The Mentalist averaged a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.5 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like The Mentalist TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a seventh season?

Larry March 15, 2014 at 8:58 am

CBS, You have a show with 10 million watching and you are thinking about canceling? That is really not making sense. It is a great show, Renew, Renew.

Joy Cushing March 13, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I love the mentalist and have been watching since it came on tv. My favorite actor is Tim Kang!!!!

Please keep this show on the air!!!!

G from Germany March 10, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I Love the mentalist Since Season One! I Love the new and the Old Team! And please bring Season 7! Not Even Fans from USA will bei happy about that. The german Fans too! I Hope this Show will go on for ever!

Stell March 9, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I have been a avid fan of since the beginning. Since the show changed setting and cast members I have stopped watching regularly. I like Jane and Lisbon. The story plots are not interesting. I wouldn’t mind if the show was canceled. I miss Rigby.

car March 13, 2014 at 8:46 am

I miss Rigsby and Van pelt I miss interesting cases, the new ones are boring. And I miss the chemistry of the old gang

Jason G March 6, 2014 at 1:35 am

I just love love loooooove The Mentalist. It is such a very well written show and I so love the dynamic of Simon Baker and the very beautiful Robin Tunney. My whole Sunday night is geared to work around The Mentalist and I even watch all of the reruns on TNT ( as my work allows ). Please renew this show it deserves the network to be loyal to them and Bruno Heller for always delivering such exciting and riveting TV. Thank you Jason G.

Chloe March 4, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I love watching the Mentalist. Patrick Jane and Lisbon are great. But I do not like the Sunday time slot because sports or something else causes it to be on much later than 10:00 P.M. I definitely want it to be renewed for many more seasons.

DahttiJo March 4, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Please, Please, Please say THE MENTALIST will be renewed!!
This has been the best and most refreshing show since it first aired.
What will I do without Simon Baker, and of course the rest of the cast!
Recently I purchased the whole complete series of The Guardian,
Simon plays a completely different character, and what a hunk he
was back then also.
I hope he continues to make movies, and of course, more episodes of
The Mentalist. I love you guys!

Jana March 2, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Renewed for a 7th Season!
Sadly I live in Germany, so i can’t watch it live like the others.
The cast is amazing and the relationship between Jane & Lisbon in 2.0 better than ever. So much jealousy ;D
So, please a 7th Season!

panteha hunter February 23, 2014 at 12:50 am

YES YES YES… why does it have to be cancelled bones castle and many many more are still going this show is GREAT… why cancel it cast are great the show is great just egt the writers going more exciting cases i dont care where lisbon and jane working cho is great just give them great cases PLEASE… COME ON FANS, lets get behind the show and the cast

Ashley February 20, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I do love this show and I hope it gets the positive support it deserves. I would hate for it to get canceled before the story is finished. Save the mentalist!

Jedi77 February 19, 2014 at 8:24 am

I hope it gets a season 7. Love the show, love the cast (not so much the new, but what’s left of the old), love the stories.

The Mentalist and Castle are my only two guilty pleasures.

Pepper February 13, 2014 at 6:26 am

Be patient. I have got the hunch the show is slowly taking us to more Red John´s stuff or at least toward Red John´s leftovers. Still, I enjoy the show, even if Red John case is definitely closed.

Sandy February 10, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I love this show, but not so much the way the Red John story was wrapped up. I hope that the person who was supposedly Red John, was not, and that the Red John storyline will continue.

Will miss Van Pelt and her husband if they leave the show, the original cast is SO good! Hope the show goes on for many more seasons. It is my favorite drama on television, because the cast is so good.

Pat January 28, 2014 at 11:45 am

Due to work schedule, I take this program weekly. More times than not, due to earlier programs running late, my programmer is recording The Good Wife. I finally gave up and took it off my list of programs to record. Not sure if others are having the same issue and giving up on The Mentalist.

Randy March 25, 2014 at 1:32 am

I had the same problem but I changed my options on my DVR to add 2 hours of record time. That way if sports run late then I at least can fast fwd through the good wife. Just a suggestion….The Mentalist is worth the effort!

Florencia January 17, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I like “The Mentalist 2.0″. I’m not very happy with the new cast, but as long as Jane and Lisbon be part of it, I’m okey with it. I agree that new cases are a bit boring, there isn’t so much emotion, I no longer wait impatient to know who the responsable is. However I’ll continue to watch the show and I hope cases get better.

[English isn't my native language]