The Mentalist

The MentalistNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 151 (hour)
Seasons: Seven

TV show dates: September 23, 2008 — February 18, 2014
Series status: ended

Performers include: Simon Baker, Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti, Gregory Itzin and Maxine Bahns

the mentalist past TV show

TV show description:
Patrick Jane (Simon Baker), a consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI), pays attention to the details. As he stands at a crime scene, he shifts his gaze over the particulars that others often miss and mentally sorts through the information. His surveillance skills have repeatedly helped the CBI solve serious crimes.

He’s well known within the organization for his observation skills, as well as his past scam work when he pretended to be a psychic medium. What his fellow agents don’t know is that Patrick’s intense dedication to solving crimes stems from the losses he’s suffered in his personal life.

Patrick’s crime-solving methods are unconventional to be sure and Senior Agent Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) is opposed to him joining her unit. It’s not always easy for her to admit when Patrick is right but she’s always quick to criticize when he crosses the line.

The other members of her team include Kimball Cho (Tim Kang), Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman), and rookie Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti). They’re all united in their opinion of Patrick. While he is reckless, Patrick is both dedicated and skilled at solving cases. The proof is in the details.

Series Finale:
Episode #151 — White Orchids
Lisbon and Jane decide to get married but a killer named Lazarus is bent on revenge and tries to take their happy ending. He’s ultimately arrested and the lovebirds get to enjoy their special day with friends and family in attendance.
First aired: February 18, 2015.

What do you think? Do you like The Mentalist TV show? Do you think it should have ended or been renewed for an eighth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

163 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

The mentalist is unique, con man goes legit after tragic life changing event… awesome ! But if you keep moving the show around, ratings will drop, why because we can’t find it , if its not where it was, we think … well they cancelled another one ( firefly Grrrrrr.. ) But if you did the unthinkable here is another show idea for patrick jane the new SAINT the Saint and 007 – the Saint lends a hand to the new sherlock holmes – the Saint helps the Saint ( POPE )

2. CM says

I like this show very much. But we have bombarded by reruns daily – why is it being stuffed down our throats? I can’t wait for some new ones.

3. Becky says

LOVE The Mentalist!! It is serious and funny at the same time! PLEASE don’t cancel!!!
    I just wish MY local channel will QUIT messing up the show’s airing time….I have my DVR set to record every episode and my local station keeps starting it later and I don’t get the whole show recorded…REALLY ticks me off! I have to wait for the show to air on my computer to watch the show I missed because of the local station.

• karl says

Its just because of cbs football double headers or late game running over, just do what I do, record good wife, mentalist and your 11 pm news, that way you want miss it, just fast forward

4. MarC says

I don’t like the fact that you can’t come to CBS.com and watch The Mentalist! That is enough to make me want to cancel. I probably won’t get an answer but want to know why it is not available for viewing and so many others are. I used to like it a lot, but without being able to watch it Thursdays, I have not been able to keep up, and have now lost interest in the show. I would have loved to have been able to keep up by watching on website.

5. vicki says

if the mentalist ever gets cancelled I will probably be done with television for the rest of my life. I will become despondent, depressed and really pissed at the tv station

6. Daniela says

Are they CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????
    From the first episode, me and my family stuck in front of the TV watching…
    PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. dotty says

Why don’t you cancel all those STUPID reality shows? Is everyone so bored that they think this is entertainment? Try using your brains.Trying to figure out who did what is the fun of a show. STOP canceling just plain old fun shows like, REAPER! That show was just fun to watch.

8. dotty says

you had better leave THE MENTALIST alone. If you cancel that show, your station will never be watched by me again. I mean it.that show is smart and witty and funny.I don’t care if he never catches red john! leave THE MENTALIST on. whoever writes for that show is a genius!!!!!

9. annie mcintyre says

If The Mentalist is cancelled, I will be very up set with CBS. I look forward to this show all week long. It is one a very few I watch, every week.

10. Anne says

I don’t think this show is being cancelled, it’s just being moved to Thursday nights at a time when people who have to get up at five in the morning can’t watch it. Stupid CBS. Stupid NCIS ripoff… SPINOFF. I keep messing that up.

11. Mara says

Why are you people are canceling such good show that are just staring. Where is the taste of something good. The Mentalist is a great show for the whole family. AND IS JUST STARING

12. says

I just can’t believe it. No I refuse to believe. OK, I believe it, As a matter of fact I guess I am starting to get use to it. Really good shows just don’t last anymore. The new type of people that runs the networks don’t really care what people think about the shows. Maybe I’m just easy and like most all shows. There has been few to go down this session with just one or two session under it’s belt.

1. Life On Mars, Loved it.
    2. Life, Loved it.
    3. Battlestar Galactica. At least it made it four sessions.

And now The Mentalist. Who’s next? You know, The more I think about it, No way, there not going to cancel this. It has to be just a bad rumor.

13. Dianne says

Why is it every time you get a really fun mystery to watch the network up and cancels without giving the show a real chance? Instead of all the really dumb reality shows that few adults over 35 watch; you get rid of shows like The Mentalist that are clean so even the children can watch. So much of this reality tv today are things that corrupt our kids by making them believe that such behavior is acceptable and they act it out in their lives. Please rethink your stand on cancelling The Mentalist.