The Mentalist

The MentalistNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 151 (hour)
Seasons: Seven

TV show dates: September 23, 2008 — February 18, 2014
Series status: ended

Performers include: Simon Baker, Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti, Gregory Itzin and Maxine Bahns

the mentalist past TV show

TV show description:
Patrick Jane (Simon Baker), a consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI), pays attention to the details. As he stands at a crime scene, he shifts his gaze over the particulars that others often miss and mentally sorts through the information. His surveillance skills have repeatedly helped the CBI solve serious crimes.

He’s well known within the organization for his observation skills, as well as his past scam work when he pretended to be a psychic medium. What his fellow agents don’t know is that Patrick’s intense dedication to solving crimes stems from the losses he’s suffered in his personal life.

Patrick’s crime-solving methods are unconventional to be sure and Senior Agent Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) is opposed to him joining her unit. It’s not always easy for her to admit when Patrick is right but she’s always quick to criticize when he crosses the line.

The other members of her team include Kimball Cho (Tim Kang), Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman), and rookie Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti). They’re all united in their opinion of Patrick. While he is reckless, Patrick is both dedicated and skilled at solving cases. The proof is in the details.

Series Finale:
Episode #151 — White Orchids
Lisbon and Jane decide to get married but a killer named Lazarus is bent on revenge and tries to take their happy ending. He’s ultimately arrested and the lovebirds get to enjoy their special day with friends and family in attendance.
First aired: February 18, 2015.

What do you think? Do you like The Mentalist TV show? Do you think it should have ended or been renewed for an eighth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

163 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Maureen says

I have watched The Mentalist since it started. I think the big problem here is its time slot on Sunday. It is constantly being pre-empted by NFL and sometimes doesn’t start until 10:30 or later, which is late for someone who has to go to work the next day. Patrick has started a new chapter in his life; I’d like to see where it leads. Keep the show on; let him fall in love again and remarry? Maybe with Lisbon??

2. says

Well CBS I am down to two of your series. The Mentalist and NCIS (WDC). I already do not watch your news and or Letterman. Please understand that I do not “have” to watch anything on your network!!! – Norm

• panteha hunter says

IM WITH VANCE HERE CBS THE ONLY THING IS GOING FOR YOU IS THE MENTALIST AND THE NCIS SO PLEASE KEEP THEM GOING…PLEASE

3. Jack Ripper says

To those of you who want the Mentalist canceled, nobody is forcing you to watch. When the Mentalist gets delayed, it’s never for more than 1 hour, so record 2 hours. Problem solved. I’ve never missed an episode, so cry me a river if you are too lazy to record. See you around.

4. virginia bradshaw says

If you don’t get rid of the F B I agent I will stop watching. He is an ego walking. Don’t like his part.

5. Joannie says

I also would hope the station would get things straight. The Mentalist is hurting due to
    the games running over….they finally put it on at 10:30, but then it goes through the news time. Get this straight already. AND bring it back for another season.

6. says

They better bring back The Mentalist for year 7. It is constantly out of its time slot because of the football games, and because CBS would never cancel 60 Minutes, survivor or The Good Wife so The Mentalist can be seen in its 10:00 slot. The rumor is that Rigsby and Grace will both be leaving after this season. I can’t tell you if they want to leave(Grace might, she just had a baby) or if their contracts are up and they want more money, or if CBS wants to cut costs. The Good Wife has been better. However, if they want to rank how it does against THE WALKING DEAD(both on 9:00 pm est) it would be gone. Move The Mentalist to a better time slot, which has already been suggested.

• panteha hunter says

yes to you both joannie and michael they keep changing its time slot and then complain about the rating… come on bring back to a decent time slot and you will see it’ll pick up its ratings…PLEASE

7. DD says

I certainly hope that The Mentalist stays on for several more years. It is much better than the other junk offered up for viewers. I do hope that the Red John series stops and they continue on with other crimes.

8. LA says

\\\\\\\\\\\ Keep it on! but change the time back to Thursday nights! Or just KEEP IT ON PULEEZ, there’s so much junk on this fall.

9. BENJAMIN VASQUEZ says

I LOVE THE SHOW ,THE SELECTIVE LETTER .MENTION THE EXTORTION OF JUNGLE IN THE RAIN FOREST . I’M LOCO.THOSE GIRLS GIVE ME THE CHILLS.

10. scott says

please cancel the mentalist already. this red john nonsense is killing the show! Just tell us who red john is and be done with it. The older episodes were good but just getting riduculous now. The writers for this show are pathetic same old boring crap.

11. Laurie says

i keep pvring mentalist and good wife is put in its place, it says mentalist in the guide but it is not it. anyone know why? ive missed so many episodes

12. says

I saw that rating went up since being on Sunday nights. But did they go down? Wll people must have been getting so p—– off because of football running over time and time and time again. Especially those who record. So what would be the point for some to watch if they can’t watch it at all if not most of it. I have 2 solutions: 1-Stop letting football run over causing everything else to do so. or 2-Put The Mentalist back on Thursday nights.(Based on where I live 10pm EST.)