The Michael J. Fox Show: Season One Ratings

michael j fox show: cancel or renew?Michael J. Fox has starred in two hit sitcoms over the years — Family Ties and Spin City. Will The Michael J. Fox Show be a ratings success as well or, will it be cancelled after one season like so many other shows? We shall see.

Loosely mirroring Fox’s own journey, The Michael J. Fox Show revolves around a beloved TV news anchor (Fox) who stepped away from his career to focus on his family and his health after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. The rest of the cast includes Betsy Brandt, Conor Romero, Juliette Goglia, Katie Finneran, Wendell Pierce, Ana Nogueira, and Jack Gore.

5/11 update: The Michael J Fox Show has now been officially cancelled.

2/5 update: NBC has pulled this sitcom after 15 episodes.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like The Michael J. Fox Show? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

DA May 11, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Michael J. Fox is a good surface actor. He can be quick with the jokes but can’t carry anything any further. He has now surfaced in “The Good Wife” @ LG Law Firm to replace a major character that was killed of in the series He plays a sheisty attorney with a reputation for being under handed in his cases. I’m not sure that he is a good fit for that show. I think they could do better. Good Program, but they need to start grounding the attys into a reliable part that gets information from the prosecutors that sometime throw your games off. That’s what makes it likable. Now with Michael J. Fox in their it is very uncomfortable with his handicap. Seems in every show Michael needs to put that out there like a banner. He really doesn’t have to. Anyway, Michael should trying to produce or direct. He could be much better than his acting.

Norman Stanley February 12, 2014 at 6:29 am

From what I have seen given time the show could be a success it’s certainly better than Robin Williams so called Sit Com The Crazy Ones

Sharron January 24, 2014 at 12:11 am

Michael is so talented, it is NOT him that is boring. It is the writing and the rest of the cast. He needs to be cast with a warm and funny family, something is too blahhh and almost dark about these guys. This is not worthy of a comeback, give him something better! Cast him with some truly funny people! He can do anything with the right cast.

Joe January 4, 2014 at 7:10 pm

This show is the cue for shutting the TV off. Everything about it is uncomfortable to watch, especially the mom and daughter.

lin333 November 24, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I watched a couple of minutes of 2 episodes, and did not like it at all, and turned the channel. The fact that he is bringing in Brooke Shields, his wife, and Christopher Loyd shrieks of desperation. Heather Locklear did not even come on yet, if she ever will. Loved Michael in Family Ties, did not really watch much of him in Spin City, but he has a good sense of humor. The fact that he has to bring in other popular characters from his past shows shrieks of desperation on the part of the network and Micheal himself. Ratings do not lie, and I am afraid this show will not be renewed-it is just not that funny or innovative to hold my attention.

Sam November 4, 2013 at 10:24 am

Good thing NBC is locked in for airing all 22 episodes. At the rate of this ratings collapse he will have numbers that are not even good for cable TV! He has only just over 3 million still watching…. very bad sign indeed.

Samara October 18, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I adore Michael J. Fox! I realize the show is mostly boring, and the so-called-actors that have been cast as his family are dreadful, as are the storylines associated with most of the family! However, Michael, himself, is as wonderful as ever! While he may have to do things a bit slower, he is still a smart, funny, and loveable guy! I can’t even imagine why anyone, in their right mind, would find him creepy! He is the exact opposite of creepy! He is brave!!! He is courageous!!! He’s not just playing a character with a disease, he has the fatal disease, and despite the judgmental and shallow people in the world, he is willing to step into the spotlight and show that it’s okay to be who you are! It is deeply disturbing to think that so many people are lacking in empathy! You poor fools!

Bob October 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm

So, as a fan of Michael J. Fox and Alex Keeton & other charactors of his (Marty McFly…) I was intregued by this show. I watched all of 10 minutes and could not force my self any longer. Every scene is choppy. There is no question that it is hard for Michael to film this. I watched the scene with the “neighbor” and it was difficult to watch because it started so many times. Each line had a noticable break afterward. I am sorry, but Michael, you just can not pull it off any more. I was really pulling for the comeback, but sadly, not this time. PULL THE PLUG. Stop the pain and suffering.

John October 5, 2013 at 4:09 am

I am beginning to wonder why I thought Michael J Fox was funny.

Tate September 29, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I really wanted to like this show, but I couldn’t get through the even 15 min. The story line kinda creeped me out – what is up with these writers?