The Michael J. Fox Show

michael j fox show on NBCNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 22 but seven unaired (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 26, 2013 — January 23, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Michael J. Fox, Betsy Brandt, Conor Romero, Juliette Goglia, Katie Finneran, Wendell Pierce, Ana Nogueira, Jack Gore

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the story of Mike Henry (Michael J. Fox), one of New York’s most beloved news anchors. Five years ago, he put his career on hold to spend more time with his family and to focus on his health after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.

But now, with the kids growing up, Mike is growing restless. He thinks it might be time for him to go back to work.

His former boss, Harris Green (Wendell Pierce), never wanted Mike to leave in the first place so he jumps at the chance to get him back on television. The trick — as per usual — is to make Mike think that it was his idea. After numerous failed attempts, Mike’s family (anxious to get him out of the house) finally succeeds in getting him to “run into” Green.

If it works out, Mike will be back to juggling his career while trying to run the lives of his family — wife Annie (Betsy Brandt), college-dropout son Ian (Conor Romero), eye-rolling daughter Eve (Juliette Goglia), cute-as-a-button son Graham (Jack Gore), and Mike’s younger sister Leigh (Katie Finneran).

Series Finale:
Episode #22 — Changes
Annie and Eve square off when Ian plans to move out. Harris plans to propose to Leigh but hits a snag.
First aired: April 23, 2014 (unaired in US, aired in Australia)

What do you think? Do you like the The Michael J Fox Show TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

23 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bob Kunath says

The MJF show should NOT be cancelled. It totally blows my mind how show like Two Broke Girls stays on. They reach for laughs by making jokes that only tangentially has anything to do with the discussion. They are filthy and make all sorts of sexual innuendo that is totally inappropriate for their family time slot. MJF is cancelled when they were funny and didn’t need to resort to sexual comments.

BRING BACK MICHAEL J. FOX!!

2. Bill Martin says

The Michael J Fox show was good wholesome viewing and we desperately need that kind of show. We have far too many shows that we cannot allow our kids to watch and some such as a couple of the newer shows that have stooped to new raunchy lows that are not even fit for adult viewing. I say bring back the Michael J Fox show and cancel some of the more raunchy garbage.

3. lars says

I loved this show. It was intelligent, very clever, great cast, loved some of the guest appearances that were unexpected. Michael was fantastic. They should really give it more time and offer it more broadly such as on Netflix and other streaming channels right away. I think there is some dilution going on right now as many try to figure out how to watch the best shows in a menu style as opposed to having 100 bad channels forced down your wallet that may be skewing the ratings #’s. Anyhow, this one and Sean saves the world where really funny and so sad to see them go. There was not a lot of new shows this year with high quality and the couple they have they are killing off and then keeping the lame ones.

4. Patricia Ellington says

I agree with one of the other comments about NBC canceling shows. I ‘ll admit I did not watch the Michael J Fox show every week because I was out doing things. But when I was here, I did watch the show & I thought it was funny. I watch NBC all of the time… I hardly ever change the channel, but I am thinking of doing some channel searching. I do not like Hollywood Game Night. NBC needs to do something else. I am especially thinking about watching David Letterman. I like Jimmy Falon, but he’s got too many little game things going on. It’s like it’s aimed at young children or SNL skits(I do like SNL a lot) & I do watch SNL, but I do not want it on the Tonight Show! I really miss Jay, he was my man!

5. DramaQueen says

My husband and I love this show. It has some very clever writing and great one-liners, and the cast is very endearing. I really hate to see it go. NBC is always canceling good stuff and renewing crap.

6. Julian says

Michael J Fox is one of the funniest actors in show business. He is still maintaining such a positive attitude despite his obstacles. They should have ended Spin City when he left as it was no longer the same show which goes to prove he is truly one of a kind! Michael is the BEST!!!

7. Ricky Condon says

I think he should continue Michael has been my Movie Hero he’s up with the Top 5 since back to the future 1 2 3 and I know everyone deserves an opinion but those people who thought his show was stupid just didn’t see it the way I did I saw it as a new show that I can sit down and enjoy on a Thursday night I’m 14 and I enjoy watching the Micheal J Fox and at least it isn’t A show with Snookie in it everybody

8. Dean says

Brutal show which is such a shame as Michael J. Fox is such a talent and a great Canadian. Not funny and no one talks the way the cast does.

9. George says

I am a true Michael fan, but this sit com is NOT FUNNY. I have already moved on. He should stick to guest appearances.

10. Sharon says

I will continue to watch this for awhile, but really did not enjoy it. Too much about his Parkinson. Glad that Michael J Fox is back on TV.

• leslie says

please bring Michael back he all way number 1 fan no matter what he play funny or cry I hope Michael still on playing for a long time to come until when ever he can not do any more, all the TV show or movie he play is the number I talk I lose him forever I am is the number 1 fan Michael, keep do a good work Michal, see you around very soon soon sooon sooon soooon soooon LOVE