The Middle: Renewed for Sixth Season on ABC

The Middle season sixAw Heck! ABC has renewed The Middle sitcom for a sixth season.

The Middlefollows the Heck family from a small town in Indiana as they try their best to get ahead. They’re played by Patricia Heaton, Neil Flynn, Charlie McDermott, Eden Sher, and Atticus Shaffer.

Like most shows, The Middle is down year-to-year (by nearly 10% in the demo) but this series has remained a consistent performer for the network on Wednesdays at 8pm. That’s particularly important since ABC continues to struggle to find new comedy hits. Of this year’s crop, only The Goldbergs is a moderate success (it’s also been renewed).

What do you think? Are you glad that The Middle is returning for a sixth season or do you think the show should have been cancelled? How long should it run?

Nancy August 17, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Love this show, really funny.

tracey jones August 12, 2014 at 2:38 pm

The middle family reminds me of my own
which allows me to think I’m doing a good job.

Go the HECKS !!!!!!

Smiley July 25, 2014 at 10:41 pm

My husband and I love The Middle. I haven’t seen my husband laugh so hard at a show since Frasier was cancelled. It really keeps us in stitches! I hope it runs for 15 seasons!!

Monica July 4, 2014 at 6:28 am

This show is by far our family favorite! We don’t miss an episode. How did they get my family on tv. Lol

Merle June 11, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I lOVE The Middle & each of the characters. i admire the actors as well. So nice to have a family whose differences are normal , not hateful & at bottom, care for each other. I can identify with their situations. each week. It’s the only show I reserve the time to sit in front of the tv & watch live. That’s not to say I don’t watch the tapes repeatedly. Thanks ABC for showing good judgment in renewing a jewel of a show.

Terry Yates May 22, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Oh Yeah !!!! Love “the middle,” so glad they renewed the middle, my favorite show ever. I even got my husband hooked on the show, we look forward to it !!!! It is so funny, we laugh out loud, everyone in the sitcom is halarious. I have always loved Patricia Heaton, Neal Flynn is the best TV husband ever ! The kids are each perfect for the parts they portray. All in all GREAT SHOW !!!!!!

raven blue May 11, 2014 at 3:17 am

oh heck LOL………….they can renew this for life LOL…………this is an absolute favorite !!! we all have something in this family we can relate to………..its crazy good tv !!!!

pam May 10, 2014 at 6:15 pm

ABSOLUTELY glad for the renewal. LOVE The Middle

Georgia May 9, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Yes, my hubby and I, too, love this show we both laugh out loud every week when we watch it. Never have missed an episode. It’s the best sitcom on TV!

SEAN HOGAN May 9, 2014 at 8:43 am

I AM SO GLAD “THE MIDDLE” HAS BEEN RENEWED…IT IS SUCH A GREAT SHOW…EVERYTIME I WATCH I LAUGH OUT LOUD… THIS SERIES IS SO MUCH FUNNIER AND HAS MORE HEART THEN THE OVER RATED “MODERN FAMILY”

Rose May 9, 2014 at 8:56 am

Sean, I agree completely with you. This one is laugh out loud funny…. the “overrated” one is seldom funny at all.