The Middle: Season Five Ratings

The Middle season five ratingsWhile some shows get a lot of press and hype, The Middle has remained a quiet success for ABC. Last season, it was their fourth highest-rated scripted show. Will the ratings remain high or will they fall in season five? Could it be cancelled or is it guaranteed a sixth season, thanks to syndication profits? Stay tuned to find out.

The Middlefollows the Heck family from a small town in Indiana as they try their best to get ahead. They’re played by Patricia Heaton, Neil Flynn, Charlie McDermott, Eden Sher, and Atticus Shaffer.

5/9 update: The Middle has been renewed for a sixth season on ABC.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The fourth season of The Middle averaged a 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.01 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like The Middle TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a sixth season?

KAREN July 15, 2014 at 5:05 pm

THE MIDDLE IS THE BEST FAMILY SHOW ON TV. THIS IS APPT. TELEVISION FOR ME AND MY FAMILY. MY HUSBAND AND 2 BOYS AGES 13 AND 16 LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY WEDNESDAY FOR THIS SHOW. WE WATCH THE RERUNS AND HAVE BOUGHT DVD’S OF EACH SEASON. ABC WOULD BE FOOLISH TO EVER CONSIDER LETTING THIS GREAT SHOW GO. THERE ARE NOT MANY SHOWS THAT A FAMILY CAN SIT DOWN TO WATCH TOGETHER.

Brynne July 4, 2014 at 2:50 am

I love this show!! It is my favorite tv show. I watch the re-runs on late at night. Please don’t cancel this wonderful real-life show.

Shannon June 18, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Love this show, it’s a wholesome comedy and one the only on that all my family enjoys. We always sit down together to watch it on Weds. nights. It would be tragic to canceled it. Pleasepleaseplease renew it!

jane June 15, 2014 at 6:39 pm

LOVE “THE MIDDLE”. It’s a gem of a show. It should be promoted by ABC with fanfare and consistent advertising of the show. It’s a wholesome and “real” family life situation comedy. Can’t wait for Seasons 6,7,8,9,10….20

Teresa Pistole May 29, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Definitely bring back The Middle. Super great show!

Random May 28, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I love love love the Hallmark channel. I watch it all the time ,however, when “The Middle” comes on, I run to the remote to change the channel. What a horrific TV show. I gave it a chance but I won’t even contribute to the ratings….CLICK!

Mrs. Cleaver May 7, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I LOVE the Middle – Keep it ON! I find it fun to see what happens as the kids grow up. My only disappointment ever with that show is that they showed KENNY’S FACE. Was way better when you only saw his back. Brooke Shields is great as the trashy neighbor too!

Lily May 7, 2014 at 6:28 am

PLEASE renew The Middle for Season 6. I’m from Australia and really enjoy this show!

Anonymous April 28, 2014 at 11:17 am

please renew the middle!! i´m from italy and i wake up every wednesday at night to watch it.

Tarasia April 25, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Love the Middle reminds me of real Family Life and not filled with sex and dirty talk

Noelle April 10, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Please RENEW the middle. My family loves the Middle

Nat April 10, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I wait for this show to come on every night, and where i live that is 2am!!!!!!! PLEASE let there be a season 6!!!!!!!!!!!

sanchita April 10, 2014 at 2:17 am