The Middle: Season Five Ratings

The Middle season five ratingsWhile some shows get a lot of press and hype, The Middle has remained a quiet success for ABC. Last season, it was their fourth highest-rated scripted show. Will the ratings remain high or will they fall in season five? Could it be cancelled or is it guaranteed a sixth season, thanks to syndication profits? Stay tuned to find out.

The Middlefollows the Heck family from a small town in Indiana as they try their best to get ahead. They’re played by Patricia Heaton, Neil Flynn, Charlie McDermott, Eden Sher, and Atticus Shaffer.

5/9 update: The Middle has been renewed for a sixth season on ABC.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The fourth season of The Middle averaged a 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.01 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like The Middle TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a sixth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

39 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Amy says

The Middle is the funniest show on TV – – please, please, please renew it. It is hilarious and so well-written and well-acted. It’s a show that the whole family enjoys watching because we can all relate to the characters.

2. Tony says

Renew for season 6! I think it needs to try to go to season 7 or 8! My sister and I both think we need to see Sue as a senior in high school, and her in college would be funny!

3. Nick says

All signs point to the show being renewed. It is rated #5 on ABC so lets hope that it stays that way. I assume I am not the only one that feels television has replaced to many scripted shows with STUPID reality shows right?

4. Val says

I am 58 and love The Middle as does my husband. Please renew! Such a wonderful cast, can’t imagine why Eden Sher doesn’t have an emmy in her hand!

5. trylon says

The Middle is a gem. Other than Doc Martin on PBS, The Middle is the only television show I watch in prime time on a regular basis. The Middle has actors with real talent who have created humorous and admirable characters. As dysfunctional as the family appears, they portray people who actually do care about each other. It is brilliant in its simplicity. And the absence of that insipid laugh track adds to the quality of show. Someone asked me if I sometimes confuse Frankie with the character, Deborah Barrone. Not at all; I figure she finally got a divorce from that selfish moron of a husband, met Mike Heck and married up.

6. kat says

Renew Please! Very Funny! Very Relatable! And My teenagers and young adults now like it! Was surprised to hear they now like it as they were unsure of the show early on.

7. michele says

This show really makes me laugh like no other. I can totally relate to some of the issues this family has. You have to renew it…its funnier than Modern Family!!!!

8. Connie C says

What J.R. said! It is the only series I watch, and I don’t associate Mrs. Heck at all with Deborah Barone. She is so convincing.

9. Norman Stanley says

The Middle is a great show I have watched every episode of the first 4 Seasons and will continue to watch when season five appears on our local station in Tasmania

10. J.R. says

Season 6? Heck yeah! “The Middle” is the only tv show I watch with any consistency. I hope ABC keeps the Heck family for a while. Very funny show with a genuine heart and family to love.