The Middle

The MiddleNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 30, 2009 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Patricia Heaton, Neil Flynn, Charlie McDermott, Eden Sher, Atticus Shaffer, Chris Kattan, Peter Breitmayer, and Brian Doyle-Murray.

current TV show

TV show description:
Living in the small town of Orson, Indiana (the “middle” of the country), Frankie Heck (Patricia Heaton) is a supermom. She’s kept busy wrangling three quirky kids, trying to keep her husband on track and working to sell cars for a local dealership. Unfortunately, she doesn’t do any of the jobs in a way that makes her very proud.

At work, she’s the third best salesperson but there’s only three salespeople and she consistently fails to make a sale. Her grumpy boss, Mr. Ehlert (Brian Doyle-Murray), is constantly threatening to fire her. Her friend and number two salesman, Bob (Chris Kattan), isn’t much better off and helps Frankie out where he can.

Mike Heck (Neil Flynn) is Frankie’s husband and works as a quarry manager. He doesn’t have a very orthodox parenting style, isn’t a very sensitive husband, and is known for being brutally honest. He loves Frankie though and together, they do their best to get through life.

Axl Heck (Charlie McDermott) is the oldest of the two Heck boys and was conceived during his parents’ Guns ‘n Roses period. He’s a typical teenage boy who’s sullen, eats the family out of house and home, and also has a penchant for walking around in his underwear. When his parents want to punish Axl, they wish that he had something cool like a car, TV, or cell phone that they could take away from him.

Sue Heck (Eden Sher) is the Hecks’ teenage daughter. As the middle child, she seems to be suffering from Jan Brady syndrome and doesn’t seem to be able to find her niche. Sue fails at everything she tries with great gusto. She never gives up but her parents kind of wish she would.

Brick Heck (Atticus Shaffer) is the youngest son and is known for his odd behavior. His best friend is his backpack and he whispers to himself for comfort. He loves to read and is likely the most intelligent Heck in the family.

Eddie April 29, 2014 at 7:08 pm

My wife and I’s favorite show on broadcast TV. Love all the Characters, we always feel better after watching this show!!! Please keep it on!

dee April 6, 2014 at 2:05 pm

love the Middle.Everyone is so funny and talnted.The best comedy on tv and its actually a family friendly show.

Don't touch the Pitbull April 2, 2014 at 1:27 am

cancel this shit already.

it’s basically the same thing every damn week, it’s not going anywhere!

end it!

they’re not great actors1

melony February 14, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I am learning and nowing live cen be good I love the middle I am learing a lot. It is just
a mazzing I hope it goes a long time.

Amanda S. October 3, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I love The Middle! I really hope it doesn’t get cancelled I wish it came on at 830 though I don’t get home on Wednesdays until about 825 so I always end up having to watch it the next day on the abc app.

Marsha September 23, 2013 at 3:07 pm

love the middle as much or better than modern–please don’t cancel-and put on prime time

Joyce Kirkpatrick May 18, 2013 at 12:44 am

I love, love, love The Middle! I can’t wait for Wednesday nights to watch this show. It is heartwarming, funny, and everyone can identify with at least one of the characters. They are all lovable, and yes they are quirky, but good quirky! I love the comradarie between Mike and Frankie, Brick is adorable, as is Sue. Axl is funny and just like most teenage boys, which makes him so great. I could not bear it if this show was cancelled. It’s wonderful, clean fun for the whole family!

Timmy&GingerB May 6, 2013 at 4:56 pm

WELL! If you are a wierdo or into being and idolizing being single (or semi-single)
you would not love this show. The Middle is great family situational comedy. Yes,
rabbits and kittens in Brick’s closet was a strange episode but this is very entertaining. My friend and I Larry (from Santa Barbara originally) love to discuss; the episode did deal with a reality-Facebook is here>>>>. Whoopi was on the show called Guidance Counselor where she does a great job. check it out

Ronnie April 22, 2013 at 7:01 am

The Middle is the best sitcom on TV right now. The writing is ingenious and the acting excellent. It’s kind of a heartwarming satire. The audience identifies with the characters and their situations – There’s something for everyone here. Plus it’s nice to see Patty Heaton in a role where she can really shine. There’s a good reason it hasn’t been cancelled!

Norman Stanley April 21, 2013 at 5:14 am

Love The Middle it’s currently the Best American Sit-Com on TV it’s much funnier than Modern Family

Mr.Orange March 25, 2013 at 9:55 am

I started hating Frankie the minute she called “Reservoir Dogs” disgusting and

stupid!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

it’s a good movie!

love the rest of the cast though!

clay January 31, 2013 at 1:04 am

I watch The Middle every week. Funny, sweet and funny (sic).

Rinky January 10, 2013 at 3:00 am

I love The Middle much much more than Modern Family.
The MIddle is about real people who live in a house that most of us live in.
It’s nice to watch the Modern Familys’ super nice homes but their homes are only
“pipe dreams” for many of us.

warren May 14, 2012 at 3:00 pm

you have got to be joking uk here and we just love it sky 1 fridays wouldn’t be the same without this and Modern family

Helen January 22, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Three simple words… I hate it!!