The Millers: Season One Ratings

The Millers TV show ratingsYou would think having the top sitcom as a lead-in would guarantee ratings success for The Millers. Not necessarily — just look at cancelled shows like $#*! My Dad Says and How to be a Gentleman. Will this new Will Arnett comedy be a hit or will it be cancelled after one season like many others? Stay tuned.

The Millers follows a local newsman (Arnett) who’s been hiding his recent divorce from his parents. When they hear the news, his dad (Beau Bridges) leaves his mom (Margo Martindale) and they each move in with their kids. The rest of the sitcom’s cast includes J.B. Smoove, Jayma Mays, Nelson Franklin, and Eve Moon.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.90 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like The Millers TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

18 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rae says

Kept hoping it would just get a late start or something…..shocked that it was cancelled. Excellent show (but do agree with someone above….having the mom move in with someone else..that was lame). It was not broken, they didn’t need that, what they DID need was for it to be left alone and in the same time slot so people could get a chance. No, instead they kept pushing the heck out of “MOM” which is not nearly as good. In fact, they have been doing their best to protect “Mom” by moving it before or after Big Bang. Same thing they did with the stupid show about the girl selling cupcakes. Thank Goodness I don’t remember that thing.

2. MARIANRUTH says

I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! Funny, great cast except for the lastest Gay role who lives with
    his Mom. That switch turn me off. Before that the program was great.

3. Esther Haberman says

I have tried to watch this. I love the actors from other series but I haven’t been able to fit it in my viewer day. It isn’t good enough. Sorry.

4. Lynne L. says

Please keep your Thursday night line up. It’s great to have back to back sitcom from 8 pm through to 10 pm every Thursday night. And Elementary is also a favorite.

5. Sue says

My husband and I love this show . Margo is fantastic , as she is in everything, I have ever seen her in. The writing is great. The subjects are so different, from what are done on other tv shows. I have read, that some people think this show is really disrespectful to parents.. Let’s face it, you can love your parents, but they can be the most annoying people. The commandment about loving your parents, is the hardest. I hate to say we are 62, and not in the target audience. I do not want to jinx the show. I really hope this show stays on.

6. Kate Fredericks says

My husband and I just loved Margo Martindale on Justified (a part for which she won an Emmy) and her role in The Americans, and I am a huge fan of Beau Bridges (no wonder his son, Jordan Bridges, is so good in Rizzoli and Isles) so it we decided to give it a try. We have laughed so hard (something we rarely do in today’s sitcoms) that we will add this to our short list of TV comedies we watch (Big Bang Theory, The Middle, and New Girl). I think the chemistry between Bridges and Martindale is very rare and hysterical. There is no doubt it is slipping in the ratings, but so are most of the other new shows. Slipping ratings is relative. Dads just got a full season pick up with a demographic of 1.4 million and total viewers at 3.59 million. Talk about boggling the mind! Here are latest numbers of The Millers: 2.08 million in the demographic, and 9.67 million in total viewers. There is no doubt that The Millers deserves the full season pick up! It is just LOL funny and, unlike Dads, deserves it!

7. LinnQ says

I agree THIS Show is Great! Unfortunately, dido is probably right – if it’s viewership remains high the network will move it to a time slot that puts in an impossible position to retain viewers & then wonder why some of the best shows they’ve created end up being cancelled. Leave it alone & let “word if mouth” help it gain even Higher viewership so you don’t end up canceling a Wonderful show.

8. Chuck Lewis says

This show is pathetic. Joking about masturbating in the shower while the wife watches is not funny. In fact it’s SICK! The deviant who wrote this line should be placed under observation and the degenerate who approved it should be fired. No way this show lasts one season.

9. dido says

This show will be cancelled, as it is so funny, great writing, great acting, great cast !
    One of the best new shows this season…it is so good we just love it.!!
    But that is why it will be cancelled as most networks cancel good shows and we have been left with the garbage and in most cases they renewed it.
    Please leave this one what a winner it is !!!!!!!!!