The Mob Doctor: Cancelled Yet?

mob doctor cancelled yetThough many pegged The Mob Doctor as the show most likely to be cancelled first, FOX still hasn’t officially lowered the boom. Perhaps they didn’t want a repeat of all the flack they got from quickly cancelling Lone Star two years ago.

Despite terrible ratings, the network hasn’t cut Mob Doctor’s 13 episode order or pull it off the air (versus CBS’ Partners and Made in Jersey).

Still, that’s no reason to believe that the show hasn’t essentially been cancelled. The network hasn’t ordered any additional episodes and there’s no spot for it on the mid-season schedule. With such low ratings, there’s no way that the network would put lots of marketing cash behind an effort to relaunch the show nine months later, for the 2013-14 season.

FOX has now announced that they’ll be airing (burning off) two episodes on Saturday nights in early January. Rather than let the remainder installments gather dust on the shelf, FOX is at least letting fans of the show see all of the episodes. Not as many people watch series television during late December and early January anyway so they aren’t exactly making a big sacrifice.

According to The Futon Critic, here’s how the final episodes will air:
Episode 9 – Monday, December 3 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 10 – Saturday, December 29 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 11 – Monday, December 31 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 12 – Saturday, January 5 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 13 – Monday, January 7 at 9:00/8:0

Since Mob Doctor has essentially been doomed from the beginning because of low ratings, the producers will give viewers some closure by the season/series finale.

What do you think? Do you think the last episode will give viewers some closure? How would you like to see the story end?

shirley January 9, 2013 at 10:29 am

You have to be kidding me, we finally have some interesting show to watch and your considering cancelling it? Really? Lets flip over to the Kardashions now thats some real quality viewing NOT!!!

grammy January 9, 2013 at 8:33 am

Such a mistake to cancel this show. It is really different and exciting.

Lyn January 9, 2013 at 12:55 am

Why would you cancel The Mob Doctor? This has been such a great show to watch. Have not missed an episode. Pls do not cancel this show. Cancel the reality show that makes people brain hurt.

Anonymous January 9, 2013 at 12:54 am

Eric January 8, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I love the Mob Doctor. I looked forward to each and every episode. Instead bad,boring mindless reality shows. This is one kept me glued to the tv hating to watch the clock to where they are leaving me waiting for the next episode. Please, please don’t take it off the air and leave me with nothing but bad air time.

Al January 8, 2013 at 8:10 pm

THE MOB DOCTOR IS A GREAT SHOW.DO NOT CANCEL PLEASE

kay January 8, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I absolutely loved the show! Never missed an episode.why do you have to take off a show like this, and replace it with a stupid reality show or a 1/2 hour of brainless nothing shows.your constantly removing shows supposedly with low ratings….who are you asking? Please reconsder. Thanks

lee January 8, 2013 at 6:07 pm

when are you showing the last episode of mob doctor again

Nynrose January 8, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I have greatly enjoyed The Mob Doctor as a series. It appeals to my need for something different on television that’s not just another senseless medical drama. It was gutsy, it was dark, and it was different. I’m rather saddened to find that they have cancelled the show.

That said, I watched all the episodes – loyal to the end – I feel cheated with the way they ended the series. It was a cheap cop out, that went contrary to the character development we’ve seen throughout the series. While the ending to the series tied up everything “neatly” in a nice bow to force the end upon the us, it was poorly mismanaged and handled.

The show, overall, had a lot of potential. It’s too bad we’ll never see that now.

Gale January 8, 2013 at 3:51 pm

I really agree with all the other people who has said “do not cancel this sow”. I, too, agree there are too many “reality” shows and I can not stand them. Please reconsider the show.

Lori January 8, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Mob Doctor is a fantastic show. It’s one of my favorites. I do NOT want to see the show cancelled. Please reconsider!

Wendy January 8, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I LOVED the show. I LOVED the way it ended too. It can easily be revived or I can live with the “happily ever after in Mexico” ending if I have to. To revive the show, Constantine will die and Grace can now be “owned” by the new cartell because they know she killed Constantine when he betrayed her. what a scumbag. Or because it is TV, I suppose Constantine might not die. He was an intriguing character.

I hope they bring it back. I liked it.

TABITHA January 8, 2013 at 2:35 pm

PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!! THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!!!!! REALLY LOVE WATCHING IT EVERY WEEK, WOULD WATCH EVEN IF IT WAS EVERY DAY!!! DON’T CANCEL IT!!!

Anonymous January 8, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Renew the show. DONT CANCEL IT!!!!!!!! GREAT SHOW!!!!

Anonymous January 8, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I am really disappointed that this show has been cancelled. I NEVER miss a week when it is on. I would really like for FOX to reconsider this decision. I agree with other people. Put it on a different night, time slot. But I made sure that my DVR was set to record every time it was one. I am sure that I am not the only one that did that. Quit giving up great shows and putting crap on TV. It’s coming to a point in our home where we watch very little TV anymore.