The Mob Doctor: Cancelled Yet?

mob doctor cancelled yetThough many pegged The Mob Doctor as the show most likely to be cancelled first, FOX still hasn’t officially lowered the boom. Perhaps they didn’t want a repeat of all the flack they got from quickly cancelling Lone Star two years ago.

Despite terrible ratings, the network hasn’t cut Mob Doctor’s 13 episode order or pull it off the air (versus CBS’ Partners and Made in Jersey).

Still, that’s no reason to believe that the show hasn’t essentially been cancelled. The network hasn’t ordered any additional episodes and there’s no spot for it on the mid-season schedule. With such low ratings, there’s no way that the network would put lots of marketing cash behind an effort to relaunch the show nine months later, for the 2013-14 season.

FOX has now announced that they’ll be airing (burning off) two episodes on Saturday nights in early January. Rather than let the remainder installments gather dust on the shelf, FOX is at least letting fans of the show see all of the episodes. Not as many people watch series television during late December and early January anyway so they aren’t exactly making a big sacrifice.

According to The Futon Critic, here’s how the final episodes will air:
Episode 9 – Monday, December 3 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 10 – Saturday, December 29 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 11 – Monday, December 31 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 12 – Saturday, January 5 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 13 – Monday, January 7 at 9:00/8:0

Since Mob Doctor has essentially been doomed from the beginning because of low ratings, the producers will give viewers some closure by the season/series finale.

What do you think? Do you think the last episode will give viewers some closure? How would you like to see the story end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

97 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

My husband and I love this show!! We are really disappointed that its over. They did do a good job wrapping it up…going to miss it :-(

2. heather weaver says

it seems like everytime theres a good show My husband and I like to watch together. They have to cancel it and then replace it with some stupid ass show that gets more ratings and I dont know how. If fox was smart they will keep the mob doctor on. Or hopefuilly someone else will pick it up.

3. Keith says

I just watch the whole season in 2days, on hulu, in I loved it.
    I hope another station pick it up. Plus ratings is overrated.

4. Neil B says

This is the best show my wife and I have seen in a long time, what is the replacement Fox, some kind of fiction show so wd can all barf.

5. Dana says

I don’t agree with Fox, I love watching The Mob Doctor they shouldn’t take it off the air. There are others shows that should be taken off like Dance Moms.

6. says

i don’t understand what ratings theyre getting. MOB DOCTOR is amazing. everyone i have referred it too love it. i wonder if they factor in how many people record it and watch it later.

7. Joan Wilson says

I cannot believe that Mob Doctor is being cancelled. It is one of the most interesting shows in a long time. So what are you replacing it with??? More blood and guts, or more fantasy. I cannot believe the shows that are being cancelled and being replaced by boring, stomach turning garbage. Oh well I never use to watch Fox before so I guess I can go back to doing that. Joan W.

8. Jamie says

I love, love, love this show, its Foxs next Dr show since they canceled House. They so need to keep it on to see what happens next!!!!!! I WANT MORE!!!!!

9. Teri says

Watched from the beginning and have enjoyed very much. Why not replace with “Dance Moms” Not that is really some first class entertainment. Is that we’ve come to 24/7 reality stupidity!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back the Mob Doctor!!!!

10. Pennie says

I am really disappointed with FOX…You have gotten rid of a really exciting show…I think you should reconsider….One of the best shows this season!

11. Larry says

Don’t take The Mob Doctor off the air. My wife and I watch it or record it each week. Such a shame to lose such a great show. (Very different than most)