The Mob Doctor: First New Show to be Cancelled?

Mob Doctor TV show canceled first?A couple years ago, FOX cancelled a Monday night TV show with low ratings, Lone Star, after two episodes. Will The Mob Doctor see history repeat itself? Will this new TV series be cancelled after tonight’s episode?

The Mob Doctor stars Jordana Spiro as a talented young doctor who moonlights as a physician for Chicago mobsters while watching out for her family and working at a hospital. Others in the cast include Floriana Lima, Zach Gilford, Željko Ivanek, Wendy Makkena, Jesse Lee Soffer, William Forsythe, and James Carpinello.

The drama premiered to a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.11 million total viewers. It received lots of negative reviews, lost a significant percentage of its Bones lead-in, only tied for third place in its timeslot, and hasn’t even faced the very popular programming on ABC and CBS yet.

Based on last week’s ratings and tonight’s full schedule, it’s reasonable to expect that Mob Doctor is going to take a big beating in the ratings. FOX could cancel and pull the show — as they did with Lone Star — or, they could move it around the schedule instead.

Should Mob Doctor be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

One option would be to send it packing to Friday nights. X Factor reruns are airing there right now and Touch is scheduled to debut on Fridays on October 26th. The network could switch the two dramas and return Kiefer Sutherland to his old 24 timeslot. FOX also has Kitchen Nightmares and several other shows waiting in the wings.

TV show supportUltimately, Mob Doctor’s immediate fate will depend on how low the ratings sink and how much faith the network has in the series. Either way, it already looks certain that, unless the ratings start to climb, Mob Doctor won’t be getting an additional episode order or a second season renewal.

What do you think? Should FOX stick with Mob Doctor or just cancel it already? Is it a better show than the ratings seem to indicate?

dawn December 15, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Please do not cancel this show, it’s just starting to get interesting

jen December 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm

They should try a new time slot for sure!!!

jen December 13, 2012 at 10:08 pm

LmlI truly hope they don’t cancel tlhis show, I love it! Can’t wait every week to watch the next episode :-)

michelle jeziorowski December 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

love it. Why cancel a great new show, networks never give a show time to develop. Put more CSI crap on, there’s already enough of those…….

Brenda December 5, 2012 at 11:42 pm

We love The Mob Doctor, different from all of the other shows, medical shows, cop shows
Brenda

Kimberly George December 5, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I love this show and it’s lead actors. I think it is at a difficult time slot. I think it should Not be cancelled and just moved to another night or time !!
Thank you!

Me December 3, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Why is it that we depend always on numbers? ….who really can say that FOX knows the numbers? Please explain to me HOW they know who is watching. I for one can’t watch it during the week but I am able to watch it later on thanks to Hulu. Most of my shows can’t be watched but I am an avid fan of many.

I love the show, guts……morals…….family…..mob……love……hate……bad people…..good people……it’s got it all. KEEP IT……for the excitement of believing in something out there though bad can end up good?????? KEEP IT

Rondo November 30, 2012 at 10:00 am

The show deserves a new time slot.Too much competition on Monday night.A great show if given a chance.

Linda November 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Don’t cancel the mob doctor. Great show. Love William forsythe.

Ken herman November 26, 2012 at 12:15 am

It gets better with age

Rose Marie November 1, 2012 at 9:25 am

Keep the show on, I like the characters and it is fast moving. I look forward to seeing the show every week

Rose Marie November 1, 2012 at 9:24 am

I like Mob Doctor, I look for it every week. Please give it some time to take off. It has alot of competition. I like the action. Basically it’s all about family. Hope it lasts another season.

Victor October 27, 2012 at 10:38 am

I wish Fox would give it a chance, they get rid of shows to soon. Alcatraz was a great show then they cancelled it,,, what next…

Sonny October 25, 2012 at 10:24 pm

the mob doctor is the best show i have seen! just need to give it some time.

judy October 22, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I like the show enough to see where it goes. I love the actor who plays the head of the mob and also like Zach Gilford. Some parts aren’t very believable and the transition between the mob and the hospital is sometimes not smooth, but it’s still interesting and full of action.