The Mob Doctor: Last Episode Details

mob doctorNot surprisingly, FOX opted not to order any additional episodes of The Mob Doctor, essentially cancelling the low-rated series. The network seems committed to airing all 13 episodes however and has just released a description of the final installment. Hopefully, it will offer fans some closure.

DR. DEVLIN MAKES CRITICAL DECISIONS IN THE SEASON FINALE OF “THE MOB DOCTOR” MONDAY, JANUARY 7, ON FOX

Grace’s world crumbles as her family remains in jeopardy, the FBI closes in and Constantine reveals something that rocks her to the core. Meanwhile, longtime mobster Al Trapani (Mike Starr) becomes increasingly involved in Constantine’s business, and Franco’s secret leaks. As the walls begin to close in on Grace and the duality of her life cuts deeper than ever before, she makes a desperate attempt to settle her role in both worlds in the all-new “Life and Death” season finale episode of THE MOB DOCTOR airing Monday, Jan. 7 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (MOB-113) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Cast: Jordana Spiro as Dr. Grace Devlin; William Forsythe as Constantine Alexander; Floriana Lima as Nurse Rosa “Ro” Quintero; Zach Gilford as Dr. Brett Robinson; Jaime Lee Kirchner as Dr. Olivia Wilcox; Zeljko Ivanek as Dr. Stafford White; James Carpinello as Franco; Jesse Lee Soffer as Nate Devlin and Wendy Makkena as Daniella Devlin.

Guest Cast: David Pasquesi as Dr. Ian Flanigan; Adam Harrington as Agent Owen York; Mike Starr as Al Trapani; Austin Nichols as Luke Harris; Teddy Canez as Tiago Enriquez

What do you think? Do you think this episode will wrap up the series or leave viewers unhappy?

Canceled and renewed TV show

34 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rayna says

Such a shame that Fox cancelled that great show. I totally agree with the comments above – there is far too much shows and not many decent TV series.

2. Connie says

What is wrong? Only the stupid stuff stays on. A good story line just won’t make it. Fox is one of my favorites.Beginning to wonder who makes these very bad decisions

3. says

My wife and I really enjoyed this show. Too bad they are canceling the show. Too many of our favorites get canceled while stupid programs like Touch get reuped.

4. Anna says

This was an excellent, well acted, well written show. I am also so disappoint Fox didn’t stick with it long enough to find an audience that gave the ratings they wanted. It was so much better than most of the garbage on tv and I was drawn into it from the beginning. The season /series finale was well done as I would have expected considering the quality of the show-so much better than the series finale of Lost and other high rated shows. I wish someone else would pick it up …since Fox didn’t appreciate it.

5. Bet says

I am very unhappy that they are canceling the show. I watched every week. I had it set on my DVR so I would not miss it. I am so disappointed when I really like a series they get rid of it. It’s frustrating. Like another viewer said get rid of these reality shows about superstars lives and even those bachelor and bachelorette shows. Those shows are crappy and show people like they have no morals by having to much of their dirty laundry or being hutches.

6. paco says

I will miss this show – a welcome relief from vapid “comedies”, formula series and stupid reality shows.

At least the final episode actually provided closure.

7. Sherry says

I really looked forward to Monday Nights ONLY because of Mob Doctor.. I loved all the characters and couldn’t wait to see what they were up to each week… Maybe Fox will reconsider…. I was very glad to see that Grace and Franco at least got to ride off into the sunset…… I will be thinking twice before I start another Fox TV series.

8. Maryann Cartwright says

Shame on you! I look forward to this show each week and can’t believe you are cancelling it.
    Stop bouncing the show time slots around so that dedicated viewers don’t have to search for it every week. I loved the story line and the actors who were so believable and good at what they were doing. Reconsider! Get rid of the crappy reality shows, that are so staged and UNREALISTIC instead. I intend to boy cot Fox from now on. Cancelling the show now shows a callousness towards your faithful viewers who tuned in every week for their fix of Mob Doctor.

9. says

Great series canceled again as others said previosly – too bad viewers can’t vote somewhere as this was a great set of characters in this set and stories/plots were credible for a change on fox. Create a spin off with the same plot line if you are creative enough – but it is your costs – you hold the cards here.

10. Mary says

Another great show cancelled by fox. The mob doctor, a great show. Unfortunately fox has made a mistake not even giving the show a chance. Well another unhappy viewer who will not be taking a chance on another fox series. I don’t want to invest my time in their programming if they don’t even have faith in the programs that they choose for the viewers.

11. Ms Loki says

I am pretty peeved at Fox and though I love Touch, I will probably not be tuning in for any other b.s. shows they put on instead of Mob Doctor!!! I absolutely fell for this story and this show and it is sad that Fox won’t even give it a chance to find it’s viewers. This sucks.

• Anonymous says

Im with all of you. This does suck. What the hell is wrong with you people. It must not have made the $100 million they wanted to. Its all money and people watch the crap that’s on TV. I don’t get it. Screw fox. Notice its not.in capital letters small thinkers

12. John Malestky Sr. says

Fox cancelling the Mob MD is just another in a long line of bad programming decisions. If this is how Fox treats its viewers, it doesn’t seem likely that my family and I will be tuning in to any Fox series in the future as they never seem to last on Fox. The lady about the Roseanne comment is absolutely right, you would rather run this than a quality show and she’s right again your programmers or people who decide the programming should ALL be fired. As this is not the first or second series that Fox has had on, got people interested in and then cancelled before or prior to the last installment. Do you or do you not want continued viewers?

13. Julie says

Please don’t cancel The Mob Doctor. It’s a fantastic show one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. I can’t believe they cancel good shows and keep reality shows on and Honey BooBoo that sucks and is disgusting. I love the mob doctor. Sad sad sad.

• Anonymous says

I so agree that reality shows need to go especially that Honey Boo Boo crap. What had America come to . That show only shows mindless stupidity. Come on ….

14. Duane says

They could have retooled it making it a more gangster/doctor series. W.F. would have been great as a mob boss like when he played Capone in one of the original FOX series years ago.

• Cyn says

It’s a shame that the good shows get canceled. Take off some of these stupid comedies and reality shows. I enjoyed the show and hope Fox will reconsider canceling it.

• paladin says

ah, Duane, someone who knows TV history. Good call on what would have been a nice revamp of mob doctor. Forsythe with Kevin j. O’Connor, and other good supporting players made a very watchable combo. Now we will never know what could have been.