The Mob Doctor: Season One Ratings

Mob Doctor TV show ratingsA talented physician (Jordana Spiro) must juggle her hospital job with her service to the mob — not unlike FOX having to keep juggling a lot of TV shows. Will The Mob Doctor attract ratings good enough to keep the series from being cancelled? We shall see.

The rest of the cast of this freshman drama includes Floriana Lima, Zach Gilford, Željko Ivanek, Wendy Makkena, Jesse Lee Soffer, William Forsythe, and James Carpinello. The first season of The Mob Doctor typically airs Monday nights at 8pm on FOX. There are 13 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if The Mob Doctor is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final series averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.26 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Monday, 01/07/13 (series finale)
0.9 in the demo (+50% change) with 3.27 million (+51% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 3.26 million.

Episode 01-12: Saturday, 01/05/12
0.6 in the demo (+50% change) with 2.17 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 3.26 million.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 12/31/12
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 2.38 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.93 in the demo with 3.36 million.

Episode 01-10: Saturday, 12/29/12
0.5 in the demo (-38% change) with 2.10 million (-36% change).
Season averages: 0.98 in the demo with 3.46 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 12/03/12
0.8 in the demo (-27% change) with 3.26 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.03 in the demo with 3.26 million.

UPDATE: FOX will finish airing the 13 episodes in late December and early January. They haven’t ordered any more, essentially cancelling the series.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 11/26/12
1.1 in the demo (+22% change) with 3.93 million (+28% change).
Season averages: 1.06 in the demo with 3.65 million.

FOX TV show ratingsEpisode 01-07: Monday, 11/19/12
0.9 in the demo (+13% change) with 3.08 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.06 in the demo with 3.61 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 11/12/12
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 3.01 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 1.08 in the demo with 3.70 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 11/05/12
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 3.40 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.14 in the demo with 3.84 million.

Episode 01-04: Monday, 10/08/12
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 3.36 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.18 in the demo with 3.95 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 10/01/12
1.0 in the demo (-23% change) with 3.46 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 1.27 in the demo with 4.14 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 09/24/12
1.3 in the demo (-13% change) with 3.85 million (-25% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 4.48 million.

TV show supportEpisode 01-01: Monday, 09/17/12
1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.11 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.50 in the demo with 5.11 million.

What do you think? Do you like The Mob Doctor TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

LOVE IT November 18, 2012 at 6:25 am

Please please do not cancel.

Carol November 18, 2012 at 6:20 am

I love this show! It is very intriguing! I cannot wait for each Mondays airing
In fact, I watch the episodes again on video on demand! I hope and think that Grace will turn out to be Constantine’s daughter! Please please do not cancel this program!!

Janice November 14, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I love this show! Especially like the Mob Doctor and her Mob boss guy. Anyway, hope it stays.

Debby Modis November 14, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I really like this show!!!!! Wasnt’ too sre at first but I have really fallen for this show! Wish you had had more promotion for it though! more people would be watching it now if you had. Wish all the durn football would go away to their own sports channels! I really hate that sports has to take over the regular channels. they have their own sports channel, go there durn it!!! Please leave Mob Doctor on!

ken November 14, 2012 at 1:34 am

I hope it is NOT cancelled. I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago and I think the intricate plotlines (several ) are done well. PS I never even heard of the show before I accidently found it. Where was/is the advertising and publicity for it?

Mommy Botwin November 13, 2012 at 5:57 pm

PLEASE don’t cancel Mob Doctor! It is like The Sopranos meets E.R. and the cast blows me away. From the in depth and accurate depictions of life inside a hospital, to the emotional and heart racing scenes from the underground part of it, it is PHENOMENAL. If you haven’t watched it because there are “too many other shows like this” you don’t know what you’re missing. I didn’t think I’d like it and I have fallen head over heels for it. I watch it EVERY week. You should do the same.

D.J. King November 7, 2012 at 11:38 am

Each show is better than the one before. Given a chance to grow, this would be a long-running series. Keeping my fingers crossed for Mob Doctor’s survival.

Lenore October 21, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Love the show…one of the better shows, showing all sides of life. Don’t cancel!Don’t cancel!Don’t cancel!

Love It October 11, 2012 at 1:55 pm

This is a good show in a bad time slot. It is up against Reality TV and Sports (All Star Dancing with the Stars and Monday night football). You have to have something for the rest of us to watch. I would assume that a lot of people would watch it “on demand” later in the week.
It get’s better each week. I was a little miffed when it was announced it wouldn’t be back until Nov. 5. Draw me in then let me down. It better come back on the 5th. As for the story line,hire local writers who knows the history of the Mob and can come up with titillating stories based on real happenings.

k r gordon October 10, 2012 at 11:05 am

Keep it. Its the first original thing since Lone Star which was awesome! Unfortunately Lone Star was canceled after TWO episodes! Mob Doc ads say it is returning in November! I hope that is true because it is a good show.

Why Watch October 9, 2012 at 12:02 pm

How has this show managed to stay on the air? Poor writing, story, acting. It’s not a comedy, but I laughed more when I watched this than I have some comedies.

J October 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I love it!

Peter October 2, 2012 at 9:23 pm

If the Story continues it will be a show to get behind

Elizabeth Wood September 25, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I sorta like it! They should have had more action an better plots some are kinda dull. I will be surprised if it gets a second season never mind if it’s able to finish the one it’s on now!

Scott Birks September 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Not a very good show. Poor plot lines, not great acting, boring, boring, boring. I wasted an hour with this show, never again.