The Mob Doctor: Season One Ratings

Mob Doctor TV show ratingsA talented physician (Jordana Spiro) must juggle her hospital job with her service to the mob — not unlike FOX having to keep juggling a lot of TV shows. Will The Mob Doctor attract ratings good enough to keep the series from being cancelled? We shall see.

The rest of the cast of this freshman drama includes Floriana Lima, Zach Gilford, Željko Ivanek, Wendy Makkena, Jesse Lee Soffer, William Forsythe, and James Carpinello. The first season of The Mob Doctor typically airs Monday nights at 8pm on FOX. There are 13 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if The Mob Doctor is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final series averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.26 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Monday, 01/07/13 (series finale)
0.9 in the demo (+50% change) with 3.27 million (+51% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 3.26 million.

Episode 01-12: Saturday, 01/05/12
0.6 in the demo (+50% change) with 2.17 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 3.26 million.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 12/31/12
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 2.38 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.93 in the demo with 3.36 million.

Episode 01-10: Saturday, 12/29/12
0.5 in the demo (-38% change) with 2.10 million (-36% change).
Season averages: 0.98 in the demo with 3.46 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 12/03/12
0.8 in the demo (-27% change) with 3.26 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.03 in the demo with 3.26 million.

UPDATE: FOX will finish airing the 13 episodes in late December and early January. They haven’t ordered any more, essentially cancelling the series.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 11/26/12
1.1 in the demo (+22% change) with 3.93 million (+28% change).
Season averages: 1.06 in the demo with 3.65 million.

FOX TV show ratingsEpisode 01-07: Monday, 11/19/12
0.9 in the demo (+13% change) with 3.08 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.06 in the demo with 3.61 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 11/12/12
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 3.01 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 1.08 in the demo with 3.70 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 11/05/12
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 3.40 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.14 in the demo with 3.84 million.

Episode 01-04: Monday, 10/08/12
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 3.36 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.18 in the demo with 3.95 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 10/01/12
1.0 in the demo (-23% change) with 3.46 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 1.27 in the demo with 4.14 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 09/24/12
1.3 in the demo (-13% change) with 3.85 million (-25% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 4.48 million.

TV show supportEpisode 01-01: Monday, 09/17/12
1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.11 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.50 in the demo with 5.11 million.

What do you think? Do you like The Mob Doctor TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Yvonne January 8, 2013 at 12:33 am

I am disappointed that The Mob Doctor was not picked up for a season 2. I would have liked to see it develop further. It has great acting and is refreshingly different from many of the other shows on TV. It is unfortunately that some of the junk shows stays on for years and the good shows get the ax.

Connie January 7, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Bring it back u idiots

Anonymous January 8, 2013 at 1:17 am

DO NOT CANCEL MOB DOCTOR! It is a GREAT show!

Connie January 7, 2013 at 11:40 pm

With all the ultra stupid shows on I think the md was a great series. Loved wm forsythe. Bring it back. Maybe he really isn’t dead

Ann January 7, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Mob Doctor is a super show! It’s about time there were some different dramas on tv. How many police shows, teenage/jump in the sack shows and supposed “reality” shows do they need? Hello . . . the teens and 20 year olds are busy tweeting, texting and spilling their guts on Facebook while they have the tv on for backdrop noise. How about giving The Mob Doctor another shot for those of who are actually watching tv and appreciate a good drama.

Judith Gaik January 7, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I thought the sow was rally good and I want it to be renewed

laurie January 7, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I’m v disturbed Mob Doc is cancelled. FOX u r making another mistake . Listen 2 yr audience….bring show back

Ralph January 7, 2013 at 10:32 pm

The Mob Doctor should never have been cancelled by the network. Should have been given a better timee slot. Was back to back with Revenge. The Mob Doctor was one of the BEST series I have seen on TV and when my friends watched for the first time, they continued to tune in. Given the chance, it could have been as big as The Sapranos. Big mistake by this network!!!

Lou Ann January 7, 2013 at 10:28 pm

MOB doctor is one of the best series on TV! FOX needs to renew it!!!

Deb January 7, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Thought this show was interesting and had some very believable gangster action. I will miss it as it is better than some of the longer running older series, ad was something a little different

Calvin January 7, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Best TV show in years. Hope to see it return for another season

Stacy January 7, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Keep the Mob Dr.. Great show… Please DO NOT cancel this show…

Ray January 7, 2013 at 9:42 pm

The show “The Mob Doctor” is actually a pretty good show and these network executives who slash new programs before they have had a chance to form a following are idiots. Depending on what happens tonight in the so called final episode, I’m hoping TNT or one of the other cable networks will pick it up. Bones should have been cancelled two seasons ago and Touch should never have been given a 2nd season. Here is an ideal for the Networks maybe they should go back to the 26 episode seasons and stop splitting the seasons up, one of the reasons I lost interest in Bones is the split season example Fox will air 3 or 4 episodes and than take the show off the air for a month or two then only bring it back on for one episode because American Idle is coming back on and Fox needs to give every night of the week to that POS show I’ve had it with the Networks CBS, NBC, ABC & FOX

Deb January 7, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Agreed

Debbie January 7, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I absolutely agree. Stop splitting up the seasons. I forget that the series exist and end up missing shows when they come back on. And Mob Doctor was a great show. I guess once again the Networks are seeking the mindless viewers. Good thing I like to read.

Mary January 7, 2013 at 8:14 pm

LOVE Mob Doctor, bring it back. There is so much you can with the story line. Give it a second season!!!

Lynn January 7, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Don’t cancel Mob Doctor. The show is great. You don’t even give these new shows a chance anymore to work out any problems they may have, which I don’t think this show has any!!!

tatum January 7, 2013 at 6:56 pm

This is the ONLY show I even watch on Fox and now they are going to cancel it. I just happen to stumble on it during the second episode. I never heard any promotion or anything about the show and I watch shows that interview actors, etc… promoting new shows or new seasons of their shows. I am a big big fan of mafia/ mob movies and was glad to finally see a show that I actually liked on primetime and now they are cancelling it. Its crazy, fox didn’t even give it a chance. I have gotten most everyone I know watching the show and we all love it. Come on fox..give it a chance you keep other trash on the air which is why I don’t watch Fox but going to cancel a show that could get others like myself possibly interested in them. I have since watching MD actually saw a few episodes of american dad and even caught a few episodes of the simpons. I watch that religiously when I was growing up but hadn’t say the Simpson’s in years it got to where it seemed like it was just reusing plots so I quit watching. And that show, with the talking dog & baby (see how often i watch fox i don’t even know the name of it!) isn’t half bad either. PLEASE, I am begging you give the MD a chance! I love it and you might just get another person who watches other shows on FOX, but I can’t promise anything on that but you might. Keep my show on!

Cindy January 7, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Give Mob Doctor a chance! May have started slow but improved drastically as the season continued. With so many inferior shows on TV, Mob Doctor has a good storyline that deserves a chance to formulate!