Mockingbird Lane: Reboot of The Munsters is Officially Dead

mockingbird lane canceledThere was some difference of opinion about the status of NBC’s reboot of The Munsters. Some reports claimed that Mockingbird Lane was dead while Bryan Fuller said that there was still chance it would become a regular TV series.

NBC aired the one-hour pilot as a Halloween special and it attracted pretty good ratings for a Friday night. It stars Charity Wakefield, Eddie Izzard, Jerry O’Connell, Mason Cook, and Portia de Rossi as the creepy clan.

Well, Fuller ended speculation about Mockingbird Lane’s chances of survival today. He wrote, “I tweet with a heavy heart. NBC not moving forward with #MockingbirdLane. From producers and cast, thank you all for enthusiasm and support.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Mockingbird Lane won’t be a regular series? Would you like to see it return as annual specials or are you glad it’s gone?

Michelle January 13, 2013 at 1:22 am

LOVED IT!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Bandit January 26, 2013 at 1:17 am

Amen!!

Jerek January 4, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I’ve seen some of the original series episodes and didn’t really like them that much. I loved the new show pilot and, whatever people suggest about it being a Munster remake, you just can’t really compare this to the original Munsters. Does it matter? No. It was a good pilot all by itself. It didn’t need to be compared to anything past or current.

I’m very sad to see the show being cut.

dancinhomer December 31, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I didn’t compare it to the Munsters while we watched it and really enjoyed it on its own merits.

Moochie December 30, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I loved. I grew up watching the original TV series. This was a creative prequel. So sad the network decided to kill it.

jaime December 30, 2012 at 11:31 am

It was good enough to at least continue on a cable network

Isaura December 29, 2012 at 8:27 pm

It’s a shame. I liked the pilot and was looking forward to seeing more. I guess haters will be haters, and networks will be networks.

Anna December 29, 2012 at 11:32 am

I watched it and enjoyed it too. It was creepy but it was different and magical about it all. Wish I could have seen the other episodes.

gabriel December 29, 2012 at 10:32 am

No I didn’t liked at all ,yeah have the new so called technology special effect but sincerely I wachted twice but don’t like an I think it was the script or the writer maybe with the same note of the original tv series people screaming everything one person visit the house looking for marilyn and then see herman monters and look at him running in fast motion people with the hair creepy up that was really funny

Greg December 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm

The pilot was weak and it never seemed like they were DOING anything. Just “hey, look. We’re monsters. Aren’t we quirky?”

Yeah, not even close to as good as the original.

Celena December 28, 2012 at 9:39 am

My whole family enjoyed it, they never gave it a chance.

NooYawkah December 28, 2012 at 7:12 am

Sy-Fy Channel where arrrre yoooooo….?

Ha! A triple entendre! Us older folks remember that Herman and Granpa originally teamed up in Car 54, Where Are You? And I would be very surprised if Sy-Fy Channel doesn’t pick this up.

Lawrence December 28, 2012 at 12:49 am

i wade through all the crap NBC puts on and finally find something i can get behined and they nip it in the bud

Jennifer B. December 27, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I loved it! If you ask me NBC tanked the show even before it aired. They didn’t really promote at all and when they did it wasn’t much. Then to put it on Friday night, really? I watched it but I had to rearrange my weekend some to. I LOVED IT and wished it had made the cut. It sucks that they didn’t pick it up and yet they still play things like Animal Practice, Smash and Whitney. Now they should have gotten the ax.

Alexandra December 27, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I enjoyed the preview, not sure why they wouldn’t move forward with it, but I know they didn’t advertise it much at the time. ..so sad

Colin December 27, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I saw the pilot and enjoyed it, sad to hear it won’t get a chance :(