The Nate Berkus Show: Cancelled; No Season Three

The Nate ShowOprah Winfrey’s favorite interior designer, Nate Berkus, will soon be available for other projects. His daytime talk series, The Nate Berkus Show, has been cancelled after two seasons on the air.

The decorating series — often referred to as The Nate Show — debuted September 13, 2010 in syndication. Despite having a loyal following, the Berkus show didn’t catch on with a big enough audience. It’s been averaging about 1.4 million viewers this season. New episodes will continue to be produced and air until the end of this season but there won’t be a third.

In a join statement, Sony Pictures Television and Harpo Studios said, “After careful consideration, we have decided that The Nate Berkus Show will not return for a third season in the fall… We are grateful for the hard work and heart that Nate, [executive producer] Corin Nelson and their entire team have poured into the show, and we’re very proud of what they’ve delivered.”

Berkus said, “I’m incredibly proud of my hard working and talented staff, and proud of the show we were able to produce every day.”

The cancellation doesn’t come as a big surprise, especially given the ratings and the show’s expense. The peacock network initially signed a three year deal with Sony for the Berkus Show but recently made deals for new daytime talk shows from Steve Harvey and Jeff Probst. Given the limited number of daytime time slots, that move didn’t seem to leave any room for The Nate Berkus Show.

In some markets, Berkus filled the timeslot left vacant by The Bonnie Hunt Show, a program that was also dropped after two seasons in 2010.

What do you think? Will you miss Nate Berkus’ program? Should it continue on Winfrey’s OWN network?

Canceled and renewed TV show

276 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sue says

Wow, what a disappointment, if he moves to OWN, their ratings will go up significantly. I don’t know anyone who didn’t watch his show faithfully. He touched all the interested topics for women, fashion, food and decorating. He gave back and was so generous to lucky viewers. Hope to see you soon Nate.

2. Jeanne says

it was the only show that watched in the morning. All my friends watched it as well,, I do not know who was surveyed, but the friends that I know in MA and southern NH niss Nate !!!!!!! We want him back. Anytime.

3. Candis Artis says

The Nate Show was my favorite daytime show. Nate is such a talented young man! I learned so many decorating tips from his show. I hope to see him continue on OWN! We love you Nate and look forward to seeing you again!

4. Susan says

I recently retired and the Nate Berkus Show was my FAVORITE morning show. I WILL MISS IT SO MUCH…….hope OWN will pick you uip…your staff was phenomonal. So many good points for woman to help with design, clothing, food!! I’m so disappointed!!

5. ellie george says

loved the Nate Show – a talented person – something for everyone on his show-no heart wrenching problems, no smut – lots of fun and good information – ellie geroge

6. says

I have really enjoyed the NAte Show and have been watching from the beginning. Someone
    Namely Sony and Harpo have decided to cancel his show. Guess the 1.4 million people DO
    NOT matter . We want the show to be on the air, we watched because we liked what he
    Produced ! But guess that doesn’t matter either. The show you have replaced him with
    Most of us, that DO NOT matter WILL NOT BE WATCHING, I know that I WILL NOT.
    I do not like what you have replaced him with, DO NOT LIKE the type of show that you
    Have chosen to put in that time slot, it belongs on Night time tv. It does not fit in with the
    Type of other shows in the daytime !! So enjoy the choice you have made for the 1.4 million
    That liked the Nate Berkus Show !!!

7. Sandra says

Please bring Nate Berkus show back to television! Im newly retired and finally have time to watch him! So enjoyed his shows.
    Please reconsider, all the information and ideas he had!

8. Sharon E. REMP says

Sorry I think canceling the show for Steve Harvey is a big mistake. I just think it was bad time slot. Loved the show. Go to OWN. Hang in there, Luv Ya, Sharon

9. Phyllis Ostipwko says

Nate,

Definitely see if you can on OWN network. I looked forward to seeing your show everyday.
    It was a breath of fresh air and you were always able to learn something new. Please don’t go off tv altogether. Lots of luck in whatever you decide. Phyllis Ostipwko

10. Arlene Boynton says

I can’t believe NATE has been cancelled, I looked forward watching it every day. It helped a lot of people with their problems in fixing their houses up. He should go on OWN. I can’t believe the network did that. All the good shows get cancelled and the boring ones stay on. Very disappointed

11. Alecia says

I was so surprised to find out The Nate Show was cancelled. I loved that show!! Nate did such an awsome job!! I can’t believe it didn’t get good ratings. Is there anyway we can have the fans of the show write to the network to gry to het him back on? I learned so much from Nate. So sad it has to end–I will miss his smileand all the wonderful decorating tips.

12. Gayle Kesinger says

I am really sorry The Nate Show is cancelled. He is so talented and funny, a breath of fresh air. Why do we need another talk show? I wish OWN would pick it up. I was really looking forward to season 3.