The Nate Berkus Show: Cancelled; No Season Three

The Nate ShowOprah Winfrey’s favorite interior designer, Nate Berkus, will soon be available for other projects. His daytime talk series, The Nate Berkus Show, has been cancelled after two seasons on the air.

The decorating series — often referred to as The Nate Show — debuted September 13, 2010 in syndication. Despite having a loyal following, the Berkus show didn’t catch on with a big enough audience. It’s been averaging about 1.4 million viewers this season. New episodes will continue to be produced and air until the end of this season but there won’t be a third.

In a join statement, Sony Pictures Television and Harpo Studios said, “After careful consideration, we have decided that The Nate Berkus Show will not return for a third season in the fall… We are grateful for the hard work and heart that Nate, [executive producer] Corin Nelson and their entire team have poured into the show, and we’re very proud of what they’ve delivered.”

Berkus said, “I’m incredibly proud of my hard working and talented staff, and proud of the show we were able to produce every day.”

The cancellation doesn’t come as a big surprise, especially given the ratings and the show’s expense. The peacock network initially signed a three year deal with Sony for the Berkus Show but recently made deals for new daytime talk shows from Steve Harvey and Jeff Probst. Given the limited number of daytime time slots, that move didn’t seem to leave any room for The Nate Berkus Show.

In some markets, Berkus filled the timeslot left vacant by The Bonnie Hunt Show, a program that was also dropped after two seasons in 2010.

What do you think? Will you miss Nate Berkus’ program? Should it continue on Winfrey’s OWN network?

Rock December 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

OH NO ! I AM VERY DISAPOINTED:THE NATE BERKUS SHOW WAS THE BEST.I WOULD SEE IT EVERY DAY,GREAT WITH DESIGN,FASHION AND FOOD.PLEASE BRING HIM BACK.

Erika November 16, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I just found out The Nate Berkus show was cancelled! This is such a loss!!! I loved Nates energy it gave me so much design info. I will miss it!!! Come on Oprah put him back on the air ;-)

kim November 6, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Very disaapointed…I was looking forward to watching Nate when I got done working the 1st of November.

Chris C November 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

What? I have been waiting & waiting for a new Nate Show ! I finally went on the web to find out when season 3 would start and found out it had been cancelled. What a loss!!! Nate is such a great guy to watch with so many wonderful decorating ideas. I have missed this show so much. Come on, Oprah….. put him on your network!!!!!

Alex M. Bobotiw October 24, 2012 at 4:26 am

The Nat Show is too good to cancel. It provides useful information for men and women. It is entertaining and very helpful. Please keep it on television.

Patricia Richardson October 22, 2012 at 2:26 pm

My first thought when hearing that the show is cancelled is move it to OWN! Great show, super guests, terrific formula… perfect for OWN. So get on it HARPO. And let me know when it’s ready; I want to be one of the first to watch it, or better yet, attend its taping!

Joyce October 12, 2012 at 8:21 am

I just foud out what happen to Nate TV show, he had one of the best shows on televison. What they have replaced him with is not good. He had so many good ideas for fixing up old stuff. I would tape his show if not able to watch it. I just can’t believe he was cancelled. We need more great TV show like his, there is so much bad stuff now on TV, why take something so good off of the Air. I guess that is where this world is headed. to many talk show and not enough real shows on TV. Please bring Nate back, i really miss watching him.

patty c October 5, 2012 at 8:25 am

I can’t believe that they could take such a good show off the air. It’s a shame, the man is inspiring and so easy on the eyes and brought happiness with his enthusiasm. I don’t think they really do listen to the viewers because his show is a million times better than the chew and half of these other daytime shows. It’s just so sad I look foward to seeing his smiling face. Oprah you need to put him back on or I’m gonna have to cancel the own channel on my dish he was the only reason why I added your channel on.

L. Browning September 27, 2012 at 11:24 am

I found The Nate Show quite by accident last fall on FOX at 10:00 a.m. I instantly fell in love with it, recorded it every day, and subscribed to the email. It was such a well-balanced show with design, cooking, and fashion. The ideas and inspiration it/he fostered were wonderful! Nate comes across as such a nice person…giving of himself with humility, fun, warmth, interest, and caring. I think the cancellation is unfair! There was NO ADVERTISEMENT in my area at all, which would have helped to clue people in. I hope he finds another network for his wonderful show. Selfishly, I hope it is a network I receive. (I don’t have access to OWN on basic extended cable.) I MISS NATE BERKUS!

Shirley Stuckey September 26, 2012 at 9:56 am

Loved the show and all of the surprised people who received makeovers. The cooking guests were great as well as the decorating ideas. I still cannot believe the show was cancelled. I wish you the best, Nate, because I believe you gave your very best. Missing you much!

Linda September 25, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Sept. 2012

Did not know Nate was canceled. Been waiting all month for his new shows. I can’t believe it and definately want him to have a show on OWN. I looked forward to watching his show at the end of my day. Miss him and all the wonderful decorating tips
I MISS NATE!!!!!.

Anonymous September 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Maybe he would have had a better following if they had him airing at a time when people weren’t at work! I loved watching him every afternoon. I work nights so when they switched times, I had to give up watching.

Sharon September 24, 2012 at 1:34 pm

One of my friends asked me what happed to Nate? I had been wondering the same things myself and I promised her that before we meet for Tai Chi in the morning, I would get to the bottom of this mystery. Well, thanks to Oprah we can continue to re-see (a new word) the first two seasons. Hopefully there will be some other show or special or something where we can see Nate display his beautiful talent for making everything look amazing. Thanks for the Memories.

Candis Artis September 21, 2012 at 9:04 am

Just found out Nate is on OWN! THANKS Oprah!

ROSEMARY September 20, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I REALLY MISS HIS SHOW, HE HAD SO GOOD IDEAS ABOUT USING RESALE STORES I FOUND OUT HE WAS RIGHT. ALSO HE GAVE ME LOTS OF IDEAS TO FIX MY HOUSE WHICH DID NOT COST THAT MUCH. NATE YOU WERE GOOD AND HAD A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR, ALSO YOUR COOKING PEOPLE WERE GREAT AND YOU EAT EVERY THING THEY MADE. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE WORK