The Nate Berkus Show: Cancelled; No Season Three

The Nate ShowOprah Winfrey’s favorite interior designer, Nate Berkus, will soon be available for other projects. His daytime talk series, The Nate Berkus Show, has been cancelled after two seasons on the air.

The decorating series — often referred to as The Nate Show — debuted September 13, 2010 in syndication. Despite having a loyal following, the Berkus show didn’t catch on with a big enough audience. It’s been averaging about 1.4 million viewers this season. New episodes will continue to be produced and air until the end of this season but there won’t be a third.

In a join statement, Sony Pictures Television and Harpo Studios said, “After careful consideration, we have decided that The Nate Berkus Show will not return for a third season in the fall… We are grateful for the hard work and heart that Nate, [executive producer] Corin Nelson and their entire team have poured into the show, and we’re very proud of what they’ve delivered.”

Berkus said, “I’m incredibly proud of my hard working and talented staff, and proud of the show we were able to produce every day.”

The cancellation doesn’t come as a big surprise, especially given the ratings and the show’s expense. The peacock network initially signed a three year deal with Sony for the Berkus Show but recently made deals for new daytime talk shows from Steve Harvey and Jeff Probst. Given the limited number of daytime time slots, that move didn’t seem to leave any room for The Nate Berkus Show.

In some markets, Berkus filled the timeslot left vacant by The Bonnie Hunt Show, a program that was also dropped after two seasons in 2010.

What do you think? Will you miss Nate Berkus’ program? Should it continue on Winfrey’s OWN network?

Canceled and renewed TV show

277 Comments on "The Nate Berkus Show: Cancelled; No Season Three"

Notify of

Sandy
Sandy
December 12, 2011 12:34 pm
I am so shocked that the Nate show is canceled. This show brings just the right touch of decorating, cooking segments, but most of all a wonderful person. I will really miss his contagious smile and his genuine love of life. The ABC network is out of their minds to cancel this show. I for one will not be tuning in for the replacement show. I have had enough of these network executive’s ideas about what they think”we” want to watch. I hope one of the other networks will step up and pick up Nate’s show. Where are you Oprah… Read more »
Iris
Iris
December 12, 2011 11:23 am

How cam they cancel such a marvelous show. So many things are so positive and relative what with the economy. He is such a warm tv personality. I am a faithful follower of the show and there really isn’t very much else that is any good. The whining of the view and similar show are so annoying. Please will someone save this show!

Beth Coccaro
Beth Coccaro
December 12, 2011 10:02 am

This was the only daytime tv show I actually tape. This decision bites.

I feel bad for Nate – he just moved the show and his life to New York and they cancel him. He had the best giveaways – he must have had decent sponsors.

Lesley
Lesley
December 12, 2011 8:42 am
I just found that the Nate Berkus show is being canceled. Such a huge mistake. My kids both just started full time school this year allowing me to work from home and have time to watch a little morning tv. I found that Nate show about a month ago and was so hooked. I loved how in todays economy he found a fun way to show his viewers how they could decorate for very little money. He has such a different approach then other home shows and that is why I loved him. I have started telling everyone about this… Read more »
Bethany
Bethany
December 11, 2011 8:57 pm

I only just saw this show for the first time the other day. It wasn’t bad, and I planned to tune in regularly. Guess I go back to my old standards during the day. Smart move.

Sherrie
Sherrie
December 11, 2011 8:51 pm

NO…..this is my favorite daytime show. My daughter and I never miss it! We love Nate and his show is the best thing about daytime television.

Donna Zegalia
Donna Zegalia
December 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Who the hell wants to listen to anything Steve Harvey and Jeff Brobst has to say? What crap. I’m so disappointed I could spit. We have to sit and listen to talk about the Jersey Shore, Housewives of Atlanta, the hideous Kardeashians but a great guy like Nate and a good show, they can’t save….its a bunch of bullshit!

Bob Zentko
Bob Zentko
December 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Totally agree with you Donna!!!

Christina C.
Christina C.
December 11, 2011 5:16 pm
Daytime TV stinks without “All My Children” and “One Life To Live.” Daytime TV is really going to stink next season without “The Nate Berkus Show.” Why on earth would they pick a comedian/actor (Steve Harvey) and the host of “Survivor” (Jeff Probst) to be in the daytime schedule next fall instead of renewing Nate Berkus for a third season?! This is just ridiculous! If you are looking for some shows to cancel, cancel “Anderson,” because Anderson Cooper should stick with staying at CNN, not having his own syndicated talk show! And cancel “The Jeremy Kyle Show,” we do not… Read more »
Jill
Jill
December 11, 2011 8:56 am

Nate I watch everyday and always TiVo for later. You teach me and lift me up! I hope the show will continue elsewhere soon. Your show is unlike any other show on tv.

Joey
December 11, 2011 8:38 am

Nate is refreshing and informative, his show is more entertaining than the garbage we see. I hope that Oprah will pick him up.

Beanie
Beanie
December 11, 2011 8:18 am

I am upset about nate berkus show being cancelled…i watch it everyday and it is a great show amid all the crap that is currently on tv now…i am sick of talk and cooking shows…I hope oprah will pick him up and he will be on the tv again real soon

Lynne
Lynne
December 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Whaaat ??? That is a shame – this is a great show – I always learn something new – and look forward to it every day. Oprah – please pick it up !!!!

Janette Caudron
Janette Caudron
December 10, 2011 9:47 pm

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEE Don’t cancel The Nate Show!!!!! I LOVE this show!!! Nate is a wonderful host and his show is very interesting!! If I can’t watch what I call my other shows I TRY to watch MY Nate daily!! Please don’t cancel him!!!

Angel
Angel
December 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Nate is the best!!! I am very disappointed with the cancellation. Hopefully better things await him on Oprah’s network!!!! Love you Nate! 🙂

pam