The Neighbors: A Second Season for the Alien Sitcom [Updated]

neighbors season two renewalThose wacky aliens from next door will be back next season. Despite mediocre ratings, ABC has renewed The Neighbors for a second season.

UPDATE: ABC says to “hold” on the renewal so perhaps it won’t be back after all?

UPDATE #2: The show has indeed been renewed. Series creator and executive producer Dan Fogelman tweeted, “22 more episodes for The Neighbors. Congrats to the best looking cast and crew on television as well as the 19th best looking writing staff.”

14 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Shawna B. says

This is GREAT NEWS, I missed my “The Neighbors.” I’m really excited, It made my day every time I watched it even if I saw it before on my DVR. To hear that it will be back makes my night. Yea!! Yea!!

2. Yay! says

So glad to see that ABC renewed The Neighbors. This is a funny show with clever humor and kudos to ABC for giving it a little more time to develop its audience. Would love to see re-runs of the first season this summer so they can pick up some viewers they might have missed.

3. Leigh Ann von Hoelle says

This is great news….love this show. I think it will gain viewers next year as it is a well written funny show. Think about running the reruns this summer….it’s a good one and i would watch them all again.

4. JJ Goode says

This is great news for me. The series is really funny, and I work at DISH with friends who love it, too, so I know they’ll be happy. With The Neighbors offering plenty of laughs, I love to re-watch episodes to end a stressful day, so I save every one of them to my DISH Hopper. Its hard drive can store up to 2,000 hours of entertainment, so The Neighbors won’t push anything else off of my lineup; everything worth saving has the space.

5. Brian G says

Yay, The neighbors will be back! So happy to enjoy all those crazy aliens doing all those wacky things like on the Christmas episode. LOL!

6. Dee Crawford says

I am glad they renewed The Neighbors. At first I thought the show was kind of lame and didn’t stand a chance but it got funnier as the season progressed. It is funnier by far than the other comedies that ABC has thrown in after The Neighbors season ended early. Also has a very different and talented cast, especially the four main “aliens”.

7. Julia says

Yay! Not everybody saw all of the episodes, so it’d be really nice if ABC did summer reruns.

Happy dance! Happy dance!

8. cel says

It deserves a second season, I was pleasantly surprised by how funny it got in the later episodes. And even a bit heartwarming.

• Rebecca says

I am a teacher and I will tell you the comedy may be subtle; but stuiped it is NOT. It is quite unique and really quite inteligent.

9. Linda says

I not seen more than two episodes so if I base it on that I have to say it being canceled at some point would not surprise me.