The Neighbors: ABC Orders More Episodes

Though many pegged The Neighbors as the first show of the season to be cancelled, the sitcom has been performing better than other ABC shows like 666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, Happy Endings, and Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23.

The network has now reportedly ordered nine additional episodes of The Neighbors, bringing the first season total to 22 installments. The network previously commissioned three more scripts.

Wednesday’s episode, which aired sandwiched between other Halloween-themed sitcoms, drew a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with nearly seven million total viewers.

Unless The Neighbors’ ratings improve, it seems unlikely that ABC will renew it for a second season in May but you never know. In light of the disappointing returns of Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23, The Neighbors may have a better-than-expected chance.

What do you think? Have you been watching The Neighbors on ABC? Do you think it should be renewed for a second season or cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

18 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Suzanne says

My whole family loves the Neighbors!! Best family friendly comedy on TV alongside Modern Family! Please keep it on the air!!! It will only get stronger and more popular, I promise.

2. Donna Beford says

Love this show please keep it!!!!! I enjoy it as much as Modern Family and The Middle. My husband and I laugh out loud. Debbie Weaver and Larry Bird are my favorite characters however all on this sitcom do a great job and are really entertaining. Writers are great too. So please keep this Show!!! Laughter does the heart good! Thank you!

3. says

The Neighbors is an underrated comedy.
    Please don’t give up on this show ABC, and renew it.
    I laugh as much watching The Neighbors, as I do Modern Family.
    Love this show……………..

4. Sharon says

All my family and friends love this show. With all the crappy reality shows out there it’s nice to see a nice family show. Please renew the show.

5. Aseneth Parker says

I absolutely love “The Neighbors “! I don’t have a recording device to record the programs so I can’t wait till I can purchase the entire first season. The cast and the writers have nailed it!!!!!

6. Andrea says

Love it!! I think it’s funny, clean and well put together. Please keep recording, the actors are great and story is funny. Love watching every week!!! It’s one of the best shows out there that you can watch with the family, so please keep it on!!

7. says

Love it …Love it… Love it…Of Course Renew it… YES like “John Rose”…and ohters here…RIGHT NOW…This is “ingeniously intelligent humor”… IIH ;)))
    PS.
    Amber Weaver says: “LEARN TO RENEW !!!” 😉
    PPS.
    The Crue-Actors are “alienicaly amazing” :))

8. iskra says

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! MY FAVORITE SHOW NEVER EVER MISS IT…KEEP ALL RECORDINGS…. THIS IS ONE OF THE FRESHEST SHOWS ON TV. IT IS HILARIOUS! IF YOUR IN A BAD MOOD IT WILL BE BRIGHTER WHEN YOU ARE DONE WATCHING IT…..GIVE IT TIME FOR THE WORD TO GET OUT YOU HAVE A CHEERS ON YOUR HANDS!

9. James Capps says

Though this is not cerebral show, it’s just fun. With a bad economy, high unemployment, gas at $4 a gallon, its nice to have a funny silly show to watch. I like the characters, the stories and the silliness. It’s a relief, especially after the election results, to have something to laugh at!

10. JJ Goode says

I’m happy to see The Neighbors secure a full season; it’s a great show to wind down to. A few friends that work with me think that the pro-athlete-named characters make for most of the laughs. The Reggie Jackson introduction was amazing, by the way. Cheers to an underdog becoming a great.

11. DarkElfa says

The Neighbors is hilarious and bright star among dull sitcoms. Keep this one going as long as you can, please.

also, perfect casting and writing.

12. MchL says

I love “The Neighbors” and am thrilled more episodes are in the works. I can’t wait to see more. Great job, ABC! I’m proud you are sticking with this fun, unique, and hilarious show.